Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

ExpertFlyer.com - Master Information and Updates Thread

Old Jul 17, 2014, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hillrider
This thread is for ExpertFlyer Information and Updates only (as per its title) and many subscribe to it for this purpose. For other issues, please see the ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk thread.

If you have any questions about using ExpertFlyer or wish to report any issues, please email them at [email protected].
Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com - Master Information and Updates Thread

Old Nov 20, 2020, 9:50 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Blackheath
Does anyone know if existing Amex Hilton cardholders also get the statement credit, despite the T&C suggesting that this only applies to the first year of card membership?
You have to sign up for a new card thru the TPG link to get the statement credit.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 3:45 pm

Programs: UA, DL
expert flyer information sharing

Does expert flyer share any data (from individual to anonymized/aggregated) with any third parties, particularly airlines or OTAs? I was reading their TOS, https://www.expertflyer.com/popup/terms.jsp , but found nothing of note, one way or another. I appreciate any links you could share to substantiate. Thanks.
pilot007 likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 5:17 pm

SCtime You are looking at the wrong resource - what you need to refer to is the privacy policy, the link is at the bottom of the page
SCtime likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 9:28 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
From the ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread:
Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
Hi everyone, due to ongoing issues in obtaining award data for some airlines, we have decided to remove some airlines whose award searches have recently stopped working from the Award & Upgrade search tool:
  • IB
  • AY (Economy award not available, but Business still is)
  • KE (only saver award classes removed)
  • KL (only saver award classes removed)
  • LA
  • VS
  • FJ
  • FI
  • Some of the smaller oneworld airlines
  • Some of the smaller Skyteam airlines
Any award classes that are no longer available will have "(currently unavailable)" appended to their description in the Class Codes reference and when viewing any alerts for them. This also means that any active Flight Alerts for those class codes will no longer work and we will be sending emails directly to those affected members in the coming days.

As always the full list of supported airlines and award/upgrade classes can be found on our Help/FAQ page here: https://www.expertflyer.com/sessionlessClassList.do

If anyone has any questions regarding their subscription or account, please email us directly at [email protected] so we can look up your account information and address your questions. Thank you for your support.

Last edited by TWA884; Dec 20, 2022 at 12:35 pm Reason: Updated to conform to ExpertFlyer Voice's edit of the original post
Old Apr 27, 2023, 2:02 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23
Original Poster

Lightbulb Thank you FT!

Hi all,

For those who don’t know, I’m the last of the original ExpertFlyer founders that is still working at Red Ventures/TPG after the 2018 acquisition of ExpertFlyer, however I’ve been posting as EFV for long before that. After almost 20 years of running the business, this Friday is my last day at ExpertFlyer/RV and this is the last time I will post as EFV.

I’m telling you this because I don’t know what the future has in store for ExpertFlyer. I hope that the new version of EF that we’ve been working on gets finished and released and that EF survives as a standalone product, but unfortunately that is something I no longer have control of. I hope that whoever will be taking over the service will continue to be part of the FT community and posting as EFV, however I don’t know what form future community outreach may take.

ExpertFlyer was launched in 2005 with the goal of providing a service to help FTers travel better, and your support helped us grow from there. My co-founders and I thank you!

In the future you’ll be able to find me here @lopinc1 on FT and I’m sure I’ll still be involved in the industry looking for new problems to solve. Until then, safe travels everyone!

Chris (EFV)
Old Apr 27, 2023, 3:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1MM ★G, DL Silver, Amtrak ES, Hilton Diamond,Nexus

I’m telling you this because I don’t know what the future has in store for ExpertFlyer. I hope that the new version of EF that we’ve been working on gets finished and released and that EF survives as a standalone product, but unfortunately that is something I no longer have control of.
wow. This is one of my most useful tools. I did not realise it was in vulnerable situation. 😨
Old Apr 27, 2023, 3:29 pm
Community Director Emerita

Hi all,

For those who don’t know, I’m the last of the original ExpertFlyer founders that is still working at Red Ventures/TPG after the 2018 acquisition of ExpertFlyer, however I’ve been posting as EFV for long before that. After almost 20 years of running the business, this Friday is my last day at ExpertFlyer/RV and this is the last time I will post as EFV.

Chris (EFV)
Thank you for all the years of help you've given on FlyerTalk. I was really sad to read this note. Expert Flyer is a terrific tool and you have been a wonderful resource. I wish you well in your future adventures.

Carol/SanDiego1K
Community Director
lopinc1 and StartinSanDiego like this.
Old Apr 29, 2023, 5:14 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sadly, the usefulness of expert flyer continues to diminish for me. They gave me a free year due to awards not working for BA, but then charged me a year later and BA is still not fixed.

They don't offer support for Virgin Atlantic at all.

Think I'll be dropping out next renewal time if things don't get better.
Old Apr 29, 2023, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Hi all,

I’m telling you this because I don’t know what the future has in store for ExpertFlyer. I hope that the new version of EF that we’ve been working on gets finished and released and that EF survives as a standalone product, but unfortunately that is something I no longer have control of. I hope that whoever will be taking over the service will continue to be part of the FT community and posting as EFV, however I don’t know what form future community outreach may take.

ExpertFlyer was launched in 2005 with the goal of providing a service to help FTers travel better, and your support helped us grow from there. My co-founders and I thank you!

In the future you’ll be able to find me here @lopinc1 on FT and I’m sure I’ll still be involved in the industry looking for new problems to solve. Until then, safe travels everyone!

Chris (EFV)
Count me as another person who hopes EF will continue to be a valuable resource for FFers. I don't use it as much for award space; instead, I find the most value to be the FLIFO tool during irrops. It helped me recoup a few hundred dollars in cost a few years back when AA claimed we were delayed due to ATC, yet FLIFO and our crew told us mx (and it truly was an mx issue).
droopydog likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2023, 3:15 pm
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
Just in from EF:
-----
Due to issues in obtaining award and upgrade data for the below airlines, we have removed them from our list of supported airlines in the Award & Upgrade search for the time being. This also means that any active Flight Alerts for those airlines are not currently working. We’re reaching out because you had at least one active alert that is affected by this outage. The affected airlines are:
  • Adria Airways
  • Air Canada
  • Air China International
  • Air India
  • Air New Zealand
  • ANA- All Nippon Airways
  • Asiana Airlines
  • Austrian Airlines
  • Avianca
  • Avianca Costa Rica
  • Brussels Airlines
  • COPA
  • Croatia Airlines
  • Egyptair
  • Ethiopian Airlines
  • EVA Air
  • LOT- Polish Airlines
  • Lufthansa
  • SAS
  • Shenzhen Airlines
  • Singapore Airlines
  • South African Airways
  • SWISS
  • TACA
  • TAP- Air Portugal
  • Thai Airways International
  • United Airlines
  • Virgin Australia
  • Vistara
Old Oct 6, 2023, 5:14 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Note

This thread is for ExpertFlyer representatives to share information and updates about their products.

Since there are no ExpertFlyer company representatives currently posting here, I will close this thread until if and when I hear from an ExpertFlyer representative that they are ready to resume their participation on FlyerTalk.

In the meantime, please feel free to discuss any ExpertFlyer issues in the ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread.

TWA884
Travel Tools Moderator
SPN Lifer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.