Community
Wiki Posts
Search

mileage manager ???

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2002, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

mileage manager ???

Is there a previous thread for mileagemanager.com - is it worth it? does anyone like the service? any complaints?

Looking for advice before I splurge for the big $15 membership fee.
Old Jul 23, 2002, 6:51 pm

I have not tried mileage manager but I use Mile Tracker www.miletracker.com a free program (at least for now) that was suggested by another FT member.

It works great and lets you update when you want not weekly as with mileage manager.

The only weakness I have seen with mile tracker is the "promotions section" which does not seem to be updated (that is not that big of a problem with FT)
Old Jul 24, 2002, 3:33 pm

I currently use both. I got a free year from MileageManager for beta testing the site (expires this Oct).

Miletracker does not support all of the programs that the other one does. DC is one that's not available on MT. On the positive side, they have been quick to respond to a couple bugs that needed repair & answered my e-mails promptly.

Since MM is only 14.95 I'll probably re-up in Oct.

Like stillontheroad, I prefer MT since it updates in 'real time', not just weekly. Another neat feature of MT is the ability to check/update a specific program whenver you want. There's also a hotlink to FlyerTalk from their Account Summary Page (check Hilton account, then can link directly to HH forum here).

Old Apr 3, 2003, 2:27 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
I just came across this mileage manager program. Is anybody else using them... what have been your latest experiences?
Old Apr 3, 2003, 2:35 pm

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Ive been doing some more reading on the site. I guess what concerns me most is the fact that this site will have your login and PIN for each program. With all these websites allowing online redemption, your accounts could be cleaned out without your authorization...

I dunno, maybe Im getting worried over nothing but waddaya'll think...?
Old Apr 3, 2003, 5:36 pm
Founder of FlyerTalk

Gaucho100K - worried? Let's look at some facts: MileageManager is available as an award from American Express Membership Rewards. Given that is a credit card company which has more concern over member data than almost anyone else - certainly more than and frequent flyer program - could there be any risk? Also, the program was first introduced in the mid-90s. After almost 7 years ever heard anyone had a privacy problem? Accounts cleaned out? I know of many examples when members have been cleaned out - by ex-spouses, spurned lovers and fired secretaries - but never by this program. I guess my definition would be - if you have ever purchased anything over the Internet, then you've already crossed that conclusion.
Old Apr 3, 2003, 6:40 pm

I'm a big fan of miletracker. If there is a program you want them to add, I'm sure they would be receptive if you just asked..

And I'm sure if you donated $15 to Moonlight Labs that would be the kicker.
--Alex
Old Apr 3, 2003, 6:46 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Randy Petersen:
Gaucho100K - worried? Let's look at some facts: MileageManager is available as an award from American Express Membership Rewards. Given that is a credit card company which has more concern over member data than almost anyone else - certainly more than and frequent flyer program - could there be any risk? Also, the program was first introduced in the mid-90s. After almost 7 years ever heard anyone had a privacy problem? Accounts cleaned out? I know of many examples when members have been cleaned out - by ex-spouses, spurned lovers and fired secretaries - but never by this program. I guess my definition would be - if you have ever purchased anything over the Internet, then you've already crossed that conclusion.</font>
Thanks for the background, Randy. Im off to complete my application... (I guess you are related to this Venture?)
Old Apr 4, 2003, 9:53 pm

So, anybody else currently using the service?
Old Apr 5, 2003, 10:00 am

Programs: UA Plat 2MM, Delta Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott cardboard
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Gaucho100K:
So, anybody else currently using the service?</font>
I've been on mileage manager for about a year. They lost their abiltiy to connect to UA for several months, but seem to have recovered recently. Aside from the UA problems, it's pretty good. I think I got my money's worth and will probably renew.

Old Apr 6, 2003, 5:49 pm

Also, is this from the same company that provides the "award planner" service?
Old Apr 6, 2003, 9:12 pm

Yes...
Old Apr 7, 2003, 8:03 am

Thanks. BTW, this service also gets you 250 MR bonus points if you use your Amex card to sign up...

[This message has been edited by Gaucho100K (edited 04-07-2003).]
Old Apr 9, 2003, 6:31 pm

I signed up a couple of days back and all the info is now loaded... a great way to track all your statements... money well spent!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.