CheckMyTrip

Old Jun 24, 2012, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: LAN, AA, SPG
CheckMyTrip

Apparently they fixed the bug in the "remember me" function. This really makes the web site a lot easier for me to keep track of my trips without having to login each time. May seem like a small thing --- but not to me! ^
Old Aug 21, 2012, 6:16 am

CheckMyTrip

I registered and stored my upcoming trips. Is this a safe place to store it ? Is it just as safe as storing it in awardwallet?
Old Aug 21, 2012, 7:06 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Thread transferred to Travel Tools forum where these types of services are discussed.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 1:04 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
checkmytrip is a website operated by Amadeus, one of the larger GDS out there. I would assume they have a decent setup.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 4:15 am

Programs: UA 1K, TK*G (not matched)
Asian CheckMyTrip alternatives not working anymore?

I used to pull Amadeus Itinerary Receipts not from checkmytrip.com but from either ...

http://202.176.221.202/
... or ...
http://hk.amadeusasia.com/eITR/

... because I liked the "classic typewriter type look" of the e-Ticket downloaded from there (and it included additional information*).

However, since about Nov/Dec 2012, I'm experiencing problems on those site.

On http://202.176.221.202/ it always says "INVALID RLOC / LAST NAME" (even though the PNR/NAME-combo works perfectly fine on checkmytrip.com).

On http://hk.amadeusasia.com/eITR/ I can ususally see e-Ticket-Numbers but when I try to access the ITR it always says "NOT ABLE TO JUMP TO XXX" (with XXX being the travel agency's code; for example FRALH010Z for LH.com bookings).

Are you also experiencing this? Does anyone know another Amadeus site where one can access the "classic" Amadeus Itinerary Receipt?

Thanks in advance.

(* One example: Some carriers offer transport to/from any German airport from/to any German railway station for free or at a small additional fee; the pin you need to get your train ticket at the ticket machines is printed in the ITR. Of course you get this from your travel agency but I had once lost my printout and could get it by checking either of the sites mentioned above.)
Old Mar 14, 2013, 2:42 am

Programs: Flying Blue, EuroBonus
I have the same problem. Any ideas?
Old Jan 28, 2015, 11:55 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
checkmytrip.com not working for me

Hi folks

I often make use of checkmytrip, the ideal thing about it was that I could enter my PNR and surname and then when it brings up my itinerary, I could copy the URL and send it to someone else

I am finding that this is not happening anymore, when I paste the URL back into a browser I get a sort of cookie warning and a bare bones page PNR and surname entry fields but there is no send button

It is sometimes possible to edit the URL with your PNR and name but often this data is duplicated and will not show an itinerary.

Anyone else having this problem or having the same difficulty?

I am using Mac OSX and Chrome browser
Old Feb 2, 2015, 2:59 pm
Community Director Emerita

I have not experienced the same issue using checkmytrip.com. I've used it as recently as this past week. I've been using MAC OS and Safari.

Mind you, the airline has to be one that checkmytrip supports, but that doesn't seem to be your issue given that you do get some of the travel information.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 4:28 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Thanks SanDiego1K

Actually I am having more joy with Safari. I had not tried it myself. Seems like checkmytrip.com is not working properly on Chrome for some or other reason
Old Dec 22, 2016, 6:47 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Anyone else having issues with classic.checkmytrip?
Old Jan 1, 2017, 10:30 am

For me, classic.checkmytrip is down. Checkmytrip.com is there but with less details...like seats chosen and confirmed. Checking a couple of -is the site down- locations it shows as down. I'm using MBA's and Safari. I also just tried with Firefox and got the same result.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
For me, it's really sluggy most of the time and as always, with rubbish things that annoy me, I am gradually ceasing to use it. I wonder if it's going to go the same way as quicktrip.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 9:57 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by alien
For me, classic.checkmytrip is down. Checkmytrip.com is there but with less details...like seats chosen and confirmed. Checking a couple of -is the site down- locations it shows as down. I'm using MBA's and Safari. I also just tried with Firefox and got the same result.
Same. Grrr....
Old Jan 12, 2017, 9:18 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
CheckMyTrip GONE in 2017

So the convenient checkmytrip and classic checkmytrip URLs seem to have gone in 2017.

Last year you could retrieve your PNR like this:
Code:
https://classic.checkmytrip.com/plnext/XCMTXITN/RetrievePNR.action?DIRECT_RETRIEVE=TRUE&REC_LOC=ABCDEF&DIRECT_RETRIEVE_LASTNAME=Smith&SITE=XCMTXITN&LANGUAGE=GB
And you'd get all the relevant information including seating, receipt etc.

Now you get nothing, just a worthless home page for checkmytrip.

Let's hope it's a temporary glitch rather than an Enhancement.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by harryhv
So the convenient checkmytrip and classic checkmytrip URLs seem to have gone in 2017.

Last year you could retrieve your PNR like this:
Code:
https://classic.checkmytrip.com/plnext/XCMTXITN/RetrievePNR.action?DIRECT_RETRIEVE=TRUE&REC_LOC=ABCDEF&DIRECT_RETRIEVE_LASTNAME=Smith&SITE=XCMTXITN&LANGUAGE=GB
And you'd get all the relevant information including seating, receipt etc.

Now you get nothing, just a worthless home page for checkmytrip.

Let's hope it's a temporary glitch rather than an Enhancement.
I got to this thread searching for reasons why classic checkmytrip seems to have disappeared.

Does anyone have recommendations for any similar tools?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.