Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

TripIT itinerary organizer-what do you think?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TripIT itinerary organizer-what do you think?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2007, 3:11 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by alanw
Welcome to FT, Gregg, and thanks for your thoughtful post. I'm sure there are lots of frequent travelers here who will be watching your product with interest. I know I am.
Thanks and Welcome to Flyertalk, Gregg.
Old Sep 23, 2007, 6:40 pm

Looks very interesting

I will need to check out the security risk though.... just leaves me with an element of uneasiness.
Old Sep 23, 2007, 7:50 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

I am having difficulty e-mailing my confirmations. I received a message that my hotel and airline confirmations are not understood. Otherwise, looks like a good site. I'll keep trying. I would like the site to be more specific as to how to enter our confirmation numbers and/or forwarded e-mails from specific carriers and hotels.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 6:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K-2MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Gold, Sixt Platinum
I've been using this for a couple of months now and it's by far the best site of it's kind on the web. I really like the fact that I can share my itinerary with my wife so she now has all of my hotel and flight info. Since I'm traveling so much she tends to forget where I am and when I'm coming home.

The site feeds into iCal, so she is able to see my itinerary on her Mac without me sending a bunch of emails that she has to sort through. It actually integrates better with her calendar than mine since I use outlook 2003.

It also allows or mobile access. This has completly eliminated my manilla folder and printing reservations info to carry with me.

Give it a try.. It's pretty cool
Old Jan 23, 2008, 3:01 am

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
Agree. It's become a standard part of every trip I take now. They have improved the importing of itineraries, though they're still choking on non-English emails sometimes.
Old Jan 23, 2008, 6:27 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The site has a tendency to "marry" some separate bookings -- particularly back-to-back trips -- and display them as one even when it is separate record locators and trips that were sent to them. So while it might look like I am in say the UK for a month -- at least on the calendar -- I might actually be in Argentina.

I like the site otherwise as a place to easily consolidate a great variety of trips.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jan 23, 2008 at 6:36 am
Old Jan 23, 2008, 6:35 am

It is a good idea but I am not impressed. Here is what I got back when I sent them a BA rez:

Unable to understand: 'FW: Your British Airways Travel Reservation: XXXXXX'
Old Feb 11, 2008, 2:48 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold, United 1K
Thumbs up

I'm very happy with tripit so far - much more so than dopplr, for example. I love that it parses email (and seems quite accurate these days) so I don't have to enter anything online - in fact I rarely go to the web site at all, just interacting with email. It's very handy to be able to email [email protected] with a "get flight today" and have it reply with my details, and it has been super quick with this. I do wish it included gate and delay info though...

I'm also having tripit's ical info appear in my gmail and Outlook calendars. But I wish they would sync to my iPhone or appear in Google's online iPhone calendar...

I imagine tripit would be very useful to FlyerTalkers, especially as a way to see each others' itineraries... Perhaps finer-grained security control would be another nice addition to the site so I could, say, show my flights but not my hotels...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.