Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

Kayak vs. FareCompare

Kayak vs. FareCompare

Old Jun 21, 2011, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: united airlines
Kayak vs. FareCompare

How is this Kayak tool better than FareCompare? Is it better because it shows "possible" fares against a map, so one can focus on cities of interest to them? But for a FTer in search of a good MR opportunity, the destination city is a matter of indifference, isn't it, since it is all about airline, scheduling, and cpm? FareCompare has that filter function that allows one to focus on the hugely important detail of airline and/or alliance and the all-important cpm with taxes and fees included.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 8:08 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
thanks for posting^
Old Jun 21, 2011, 8:39 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Originally Posted by itsme
How is this Kayak tool better than FareCompare?
A big difference for me (others may have different experience) is that when I click on a fare on Kayak and it brings me say to a Delta screen, I can actually book the fare listed.

On Farecompare I'm convinced they are just presenting totally random numbers that you can never find and book.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 9:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Farecompare is just plain bad.

Originally Posted by cordelli
A big difference for me (others may have different experience) is that when I click on a fare on Kayak and it brings me say to a Delta screen, I can actually book the fare listed.

On Farecompare I'm convinced they are just presenting totally random numbers that you can never find and book.
I agree. Farecompare is horrible. In addition to being ridiculously slow, the numbers are just "teaser" fares. They're not real. Also, you cannot book business class tickets; you can only book either first or economy! Talk about ridiculous. I tried fare compare a lot with a lot of exasperation, and I have given up on that website. Kayak all the way.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.