Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

roame.travel - Award Travel Search Engine

Old Mar 24, 2023, 6:38 am
Company Representative: roame
Original Poster

Hi all, I have been a long time lurker of flyertalk and loved reading all the tips and advice. I have been building a free award travel search engine for flights and wanted to share it with the community. It's called Roame (website: www.roame.travel).

My partner and I were spending hours searching across every website and also didn't want to pay for a search tool, so thought we would make our own. We currently service 9 airline programs (AeroMexico, Air Canada, Air France / KLM, American, Avianca, Delta, Iberia, United, and Virgin Atlantic).

Would love any feedback or suggestions on how we can make Roame more helpful.

Last edited by TWA884; Mar 24, 2023 at 7:02 am
Old Mar 24, 2023, 9:37 am
Community Director Emerita

I look forward to working with the tool. I just did a quick search on LAX-ICN in early June. It's shocking to see how much airlines want for award travel these days but that certainly isn't on Roame. I've been working with this particular award routing so I know if I go to United, I can see one week at a time where I hope to find a sweet spot under the 200K points that I find doing a one day search on roame. It's a great way to find a quick look at Air France/KLM instead of the somewhat lengthy log in process on their websites. Thank you for letting us know about it.

What is your timeline for adding more airlines? What are the next carriers you hope to add? Personally, I'd love to see Alaska Airlines on your list. We have a lot of British Airway flyers on this site; that would be another one to target.

Really appreciate this tool being free. It's super easy to use.
SPN Lifer and roame like this.

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Mar 24, 2023 at 9:46 am
Old Mar 24, 2023, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Thank you! We are hoping to add airlines as quickly as possible. It's hard to give a specific timeline because each airline is unique and an engineering challenge. I can say we will probably be able to add another airline by sometime next week. We have been going through a list of airline programs based on most likely to have good redemptions. We are definitely working on Alaska and British Airways right now.
SanDiego1K and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 12:50 pm

Just tried out the search and I’m a big fan! Would love to know if you plan on adding 3 day search or something like a calendar search? If you added Cathay, would be a game changer
Old Mar 29, 2023, 11:51 am

Programs: MR, SPG, JetPrivilege
Unable to signup and sign in
no emails received to for sign up confirmation
roame can you please help
Old Mar 29, 2023, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Hi vsan, Thanks for bringing this up. I just looked into it and our account creation seems to be working on my end. Could you let me know which email you used to sign up and then I can check on the back end to see what is happening? Feel free to email the official Roame email or to personally message me.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by clearday
Just tried out the search and I’m a big fan! Would love to know if you plan on adding 3 day search or something like a calendar search? If you added Cathay, would be a game changer
We are currently working on multi-day search, but as you can imagine, that is more complex to achieve and can become costly. Since we are free, we want to figure out a way to keep expenses down while also doing multi-day search.

Working on Cathay for sure! Very much in demand.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 5:59 pm
Original Poster

Great award availability on 4/12 right now on Roame.Travel. Non-Stop ANA business "The Room" and JAL First Class. Some of the most sought after flight awards available for booking right now.

Old Mar 30, 2023, 9:46 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Dear roame

Be warned that the great thoughtleader has given "attention" to -roame-"
Yet learn from the comments there NOT to make the same mistakes as he did with point.me
https://viewfromthewing.com/new-free...award-tickets/

Better to start slow but secure with 100% accuracy

Last edited by HadesNL; Mar 31, 2023 at 7:08 am
Old Mar 31, 2023, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the comments HadesNL. We are using industry standard security protocols and user management as well as only showing real results.

If you have tried roame, would love your feedback!
HadesNL likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2023, 9:13 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Have been loving it, but this morning all searches are stuck in spinning.
roame
Old Apr 17, 2023, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by italdesign
Have been loving it, but this morning all searches are stuck in spinning.
roame
Thank you! We had a server issue this morning, but it has been fixed now. Let me know if anything else pops up.
Old Apr 17, 2023, 7:38 pm

Thank you for this tool. Since I had specific dates for my future travels and wanted to book using AA or UA miles, this was a great help and easy enough to search for a 2 day period with separate searches. This helped me find what I needed by showing me routings I wouldn't have thought of. Got a one stop routing to BKK at saver level UA miles and found ICN-DOH-JFK for 2 in Qsuites at reasonable AA miles! (Fingers crossed Qatar doesn't do a plane switch). Keep up the good work and thanks again.
Old Apr 19, 2023, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by themice
Thank you for this tool. Since I had specific dates for my future travels and wanted to book using AA or UA miles, this was a great help and easy enough to search for a 2 day period with separate searches. This helped me find what I needed by showing me routings I wouldn't have thought of. Got a one stop routing to BKK at saver level UA miles and found ICN-DOH-JFK for 2 in Qsuites at reasonable AA miles! (Fingers crossed Qatar doesn't do a plane switch). Keep up the good work and thanks again.
This is exactly what we love to see! Glad you were able to find a good routing using Roame.Travel!
Old Apr 20, 2023, 4:32 pm

Programs: Delta Plat & Million Miler
Just Tried This Out

Very impressive especially on a free to consumer model. Looking forward to your future improvements and growth.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.