CoMETS is now available for Mac OS X and for Windows

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2005, 2:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by SeattleFred
Doesn't United Express also use UX?
I don't think it's an official moniker. Much like how American Connection is AX for short hand and AE for Eagle... but all flight numbers are still AA.
Old Oct 11, 2005, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P MM
Feedback requested…please!

I've updated the airline list for CoMETS. After downloading the update (which is < 50K), just replace the file of the same name in your CoMETS folder.

Flight info that you have entered into CoMETS will not be affected.

The Mac version of the update is here.

The Windoze version of the update is here.

I think I've included all the additional airlines requested--and a few more.
Hey, developers thrive on feedback…

Have you downloaded and tried the CoMETS update?
Old Oct 11, 2005, 12:12 pm

Programs: AA (what is EXP?), UA 1P, IC free mini bar club, SPG GLD
how about 10k upgrades (500 milers)
Old Oct 11, 2005, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kenfry
how about 10k upgrades (500 milers)
CoMETS makes it easy to see where you stand in regard to reaching threshholds (such as 10K BIS miles in a quarter to earn 500 milers). CoMETS automatically calculates yearly, quarterly, and monthly totals for RDM, EQM, EQS, BIS, etc.

CoMETS does not attempt to interpret or keep up with the rules of any particular mileage program--which, as you know, are subject to change at any time.

Since I am primarily a UA/*A flyer, I would appreciate learning if there are any additional metrics, used by other airlines or mileage programs, that CoMETS (v2) should track.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 10:38 pm

Programs: *G, ow Saph

I'm not getting the end of file command on the Mac version, so it never registers as "download complete." This is using Panther and Safari.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 11:49 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2.8MM
PHP Code:
SW Swiss Air    SW Swiss TravelClub 
is now

LX Swiss International Airlines LX Swiss TravelClub
(recently acquired by LH and Swiss TravelClub will be interegrated into Miles and More in March)
Old Oct 13, 2005, 12:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MKE-MR
I'm not getting the end of file command on the Mac version, so it never registers as "download complete." This is using Panther and Safari.
Interesting…I can't get it to not download properly using Tiger and Safari. Please try downloading this compressed version for the Mac. The compressed file is only 9K; it downloads so quickly that you might not even notice it--check Safari's Downloads window and you should see it.
Old Oct 13, 2005, 12:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wanaflyforless
PHP Code:
SW Swiss Air    SW Swiss TravelClub 
is now

LX Swiss International Airlines LX Swiss TravelClub
(recently acquired by LH and Swiss TravelClub will be interegrated into Miles and More in March)
Thanks--I'll get that in the next update.
Old Oct 13, 2005, 10:26 am

Programs: Virtuoso Travel Advisor. FSPP, Ritz STARS, Rosewood Elite, Belmond BelliniClub. SPG PRO
Hi Fred.
Just started toying with it today.
So far I am really liking it. Although I must say i wish my CPM were lower....

Thanks

BTW. If I were to add something to it it would be a tracker for work days taken off on each trip.

Last edited by tenmoc; Oct 13, 2005 at 1:22 pm
Old Oct 14, 2005, 2:21 am

Programs: UA, Hilton
I was just thinking (always a dangerous thing)...

Should this thread be moved to MilesBuzz? CoMETS is simply awesome, and its appeal goes beyond the mileage runner to anyone who tracks their activity. It may get some more exposure (and feedback, as SeattleFred likes) there.
Old Oct 14, 2005, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Just thought of something.... can you add a tool where it adds up whatever fields we choose? I thought it would be fun(ny) to see the breakdown of aircraft types flown in a time period.
Old Oct 15, 2005, 12:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IceTrojan
Just thought of something.... can you add a tool where it adds up whatever fields we choose? I thought it would be fun(ny) to see the breakdown of aircraft types flown in a time period.
CoMETS v2 will be designed to make it easy to add features like this, but it's not going to happen with the current version.
Old Oct 30, 2005, 3:46 pm

Nice app & glad to see it's for Macs! :P

However, I have to query something.... I'm looking at part of a RtW route (in the hope of getting an upgrade for the HKG-SIN leg).

Your app says that for this route - LON-LAX-NAN-AKL (overland) ZQN-SYD-HKG is 13507 miles. The Great Circle mapper on the other hand quotes me 18,105 miles....

Which is more accurate? (This is of concern to me as I have 0 miles with KF, & I need 15K miles to get an upgrade on the HKG-SIN leg :P)
Old Oct 30, 2005, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mrdini
Nice app & glad to see it's for Macs! :P

However, I have to query something.... I'm looking at part of a RtW route (in the hope of getting an upgrade for the HKG-SIN leg).

Your app says that for this route - LON-LAX-NAN-AKL (overland) ZQN-SYD-HKG is 13507 miles. The Great Circle mapper on the other hand quotes me 18,105 miles....

Which is more accurate? (This is of concern to me as I have 0 miles with KF, & I need 15K miles to get an upgrade on the HKG-SIN leg :P)
Hmm. CoMETS does not have LON in its database. If you use LHR, instead, CoMETS will tell you that the itinerary yields 18098 miles. Of course, as noted elsewhere, different airlines credit different mileage for the same routes. If a few miles might make a difference, it is imperative that you check with KF to see the exact mileage you will earn.
Old Oct 30, 2005, 4:18 pm

Hmm. CoMETS does not have LON in its database. If you use LHR, instead, CoMETS will tell you that the itinerary yields 18098 miles.
*Slaps forehead* I was looking at the mileage for the first "segment" only! And forgot to add the mileage for ZQN-SYD-HKG!
Of course, as noted elsewhere, different airlines credit different mileage for the same routes. If a few miles might make a difference, it is imperative that you check with KF to see the exact mileage you will earn.
*nods* I'm aware of this. However, the person who I emailed at KF a while back seemed.... spectacularly unaware of what I was trying to ask (the gist was "Yes, you can upgrade", which I KNEW already & totally ignored my query about whether I'd have enough mileage accrued by the time I got to HKG :P)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.