Tools for award searches

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tools for award searches

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2014, 12:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Tools for award searches

At one time I was very sophisticated in award searches, but I've pretty much forgotten everything I knew.

Could someone point me to threads or resources useful for doing award searches? In particular I'm interested in premium cabin international tickets using Delta miles.

At one time I had a paid account on a site. As best I recall, I paid something like $20 for a one-month platinum membership and I had to sign up for ANA or JAL, Flying Blue, and Quantas. If that info is enough for someone to identify the tool I used, that would be great. I'm also sure there were other threads on Flyertalk but again, I don't know where they are. I've been almost totally inactive on this site for about 18 months.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 12:20 am

KVS Availability tool
www.kvstool.com
Old Nov 17, 2014, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Another paid site is:

www.expertflyer.com

but for Delta it only seem to search for miles upgrades, not outright awards. However, it can search for awards on certain SkyTeam airlines (that you can use Delta miles for).

A free-to-FlyerTalk-members site the can search for awards in three alliances (and therefore can search for Delta awards in SkyTeam) is:

www.awardnexus.com

(Click on "more signup options" in the lower right, below the Purchase Membership button, to get to the free signup for FlyerTalk members.)
Old Nov 17, 2014, 1:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Another paid site is:

www.expertflyer.com

but for Delta it only seem to search for miles upgrades, not outright awards. However, it can search for awards on certain SkyTeam airlines (that you can use Delta miles for).

A free-to-FlyerTalk-members site the can search for awards in three alliances (and therefore can search for Delta awards in SkyTeam) is:

www.awardnexus.com

(Click on "more signup options" in the lower right, below the Purchase Membership button, to get to the free signup for FlyerTalk members.)
Unfortunately, DL has forced EF to remove all information regarding DL, including but not limited to award and upgrade inventory. It still seems to be useful for some partners.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fritzzz25
KVS Availability tool
www.kvstool.com
Mod note: the KVS Availability Tool thread has been "re-booted", the old thread has been archived.

Last edited by JDiver; Nov 21, 2014 at 1:28 pm Reason: edit to provide current information
Old Nov 17, 2014, 4:20 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
I use award nexus because i find it best for the lazy (myself)
Old Nov 19, 2014, 2:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Another paid site is:

www.expertflyer.com

www.awardnexus.com

This is good information. I'll add a bit to it:

1. Through no fault of it's own, expertflyer is shut out of accessing United information.
2. Awardnexus.com is in fact free for a certain amount of use for FT members. Beyond that, you have to pay, but it's well worth it IMHO.

I find expertflyer good for finding award availability on the specific airlines that it covers, as well as for several others purposes (especially finding upgrade availability). You can only search one airline at a time. But awardnexus is better for finding award availability on specific routes - that is, plug in the origin and arrival points, and it will find all available options, sometimes across a spread of airlines (including some not covered by expertflyer). So usually I prefer awardnexus for award searches, unless I'm just looking at a specific airlines.

Another nice feature of both is that you can sign up for email alerts to be informed if award availability opens up for a route and date(s) you're interested in. This is included in the expertflyer overall price; it's extra in awardnexus, but not egregiously so and is worth the investment.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 1:18 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
A large number of very off topic posts have been removed. Please note also that this thread now lives in the Travel Tools foru where it is more relevant.

Good luck!

~Moderator, Information Desk
Old Nov 21, 2014, 4:40 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by redtop43
In particular I'm interested in premium cabin international tickets using Delta miles.

At one time I had a paid account on a site. As best I recall, I paid something like $20 for a one-month platinum membership and I had to sign up for ANA or JAL, Flying Blue, and Quantas. If that info is enough for someone to identify the tool I used, that would be great. I'm also sure there were other threads on Flyertalk but again, I don't know where they are. I've been almost totally inactive on this site for about 18 months.
Originally Posted by fritzzz25
KVS Availability tool
www.kvstool.com
redtop43: fritzzz25 was correct -- welcome back to the KVS Tool!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.