Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

burnmypoints.com Hotel Award Search

Old Aug 9, 2023, 3:34 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold

I am sharing https://burnmypoints.com/

This is a new site for award searching hotels. I have no financial interest in this site but have found it to be super helpful in searching aspirational properties such as Ventana Big Sur. The developer is very responsive and plans to engage the community here.

I really like being able to filter out specific properties, dates and categories. I have submitted numerous feature requests to which the developer responds to. The main developer is snorlax_burnmypoints
Old Aug 9, 2023, 5:12 pm
Community Director Emerita

Love learning about more hotel award booking sites. Note this is in Beta.

BETA! BurnMyPoints currently scans next 60 days of award availability for Hyatt. Extended availability and more hotels coming soon! Join the conversation in our Discord.

I'm feeling my age. I've never used Discord and have no idea how to do so.

Musing: I see that https://www.pointcalendar.com/ also only searches for Hyatt (currently). Perhaps there is something about the Hyatt software that makes it easier to tackle first - or someone knows many of us are Hyatt fanboys/fangirls.
Old Aug 9, 2023, 6:29 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
The New York Times:

How Discord, Born From an Obscure Game, Became a Social Hub for Young People
Discord is split into servers essentially a series of chat rooms similar to the workplace tool Slack which facilitate casual, free-flowing conversations about gaming, music, memes and everyday life. Some servers are large and open to the public; others are invitation-only.
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2023, 6:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Discord is a popular chat server. Popular with gamers but also very popular for a use case like this to share and discuss the tool.

I have asked the developer to unlock the full 365 for Ventana big sur. It appears that functionality is open only to paying subscribers, but still great for a property like this.
Old Aug 10, 2023, 12:08 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K

Musing: I see that pointscalendar also only searches for Hyatt (currently). Perhaps there is something about the Hyatt software that makes it easier to tackle first - or someone knows many of us are Hyatt fanboys/fangirls.
Happy to answer questions and collect feedback here in FlyerTalk as well. Discord is easy to have conversation with live chat.

Ive used pointcalendar in the past. Theres a few reasons I started building burnmypoints.com:
1. Apps like pointscalendar do not update real time award availability, only a theoretical points calendar. We check and update award inventory every 24 hours. For example, Hyatt Paris Madeleine only has 9 days of availability in august but pointcalendar shows availability every day.
2. Flexible search - search/discover awards based on award category, location, and more. For example, I want to look at Category 6+ availability in the next 30 days.

And yes, I love Hyatt and am a globalist myself 😊
Old Apr 13, 2024, 11:21 am

What happened to your site? it says it was suspended by the owner.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

It appears the owner abandoned ship. They have been unresponsive to DM's on their discord as well. Quite sad as this was a valuable tool.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.