roame.travel - Award Travel Search Engine

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

roame.travel - Award Travel Search Engine

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2023, 5:08 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Really like the site, and thanks for your efforts! Not sure if you would prefer a direct email for potential glitches, but as a service to the community here, going to mention something I saw in searches today. ANA F space is showing up as available on Roame for at least 2 seats through UA MileagePlus, 1 through Aeroplan, and none through Lifemiles. On these dates, there is only 1 F seat per the UA website and other *A programs. The Lifemiles website is terrible for sure, and maybe it wouldn't actually ticket, but it does show the 1 seat available, albeit for 120K miles one way.
italdesign likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2023, 11:03 pm
Company Representative: roame
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gretchendz
Very impressive especially on a free to consumer model. Looking forward to your future improvements and growth.
Thank you! Let me know if you have anything you'd like to see in particular.
Old Apr 24, 2023, 12:21 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I like the % premium display. Would you consider adding a filter so I can filter out the useless Aeroplan/Lifemiles results that are only 11% premium?
Old Apr 25, 2023, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by italdesign
I like the % premium display. Would you consider adding a filter so I can filter out the useless Aeroplan/Lifemiles results that are only 11% premium?
Yes! This feature is definitely on our roadmap. Right now we are largely focused on adding more airline programs.
italdesign likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

Here to provide you all with an early update. We now allow you to search Alaska Air award flights!
Disclaimer: Roame has no affiliation with Alaska or any other airline.

Last edited by roame; Apr 27, 2023 at 10:48 pm Reason: typo
Old Apr 27, 2023, 9:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by roame
Here to provide you all with an early update. We now allow you to search Alaska Air award flights!
Disclaimer: Roame has no affiliated with Alaska or any other airline.
I think I've been seeing results from the AS program for a while (definitely yesterday). Great addition.

I'd love to see results from Cathay Pacific Asia Miles and Asiana Club in the future.
Old Apr 29, 2023, 11:39 am
Original Poster

I think I've been seeing results from the AS program for a while (definitely yesterday). Great addition.

I'd love to see results from Cathay Pacific Asia Miles and Asiana Club in the future.
You must be a super user! Good eye catching the Alaska results. We haven't officially released Alaska yet; we're still testing it out for speed and stability. Wanted to provide our early supporters with a heads up.
Old May 4, 2023, 5:07 am

Has this service been working for others the last day or so? I get no results when I know there are plenty on certain routes. Not sure what's going on.
Old May 4, 2023, 7:01 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Have been loving it, but this morning all searches are stuck in spinning.
roame
Same thing this morning. Would really like to try this out but this doesn't inspire confidence....

ETA: Signed up for an account. Clicked on the link sent to me email to verify. It took me back to the site with the endlessly spinning blob. So I guess I am unable to have an account.

Last edited by cblaisd; May 4, 2023 at 7:11 am
Old May 4, 2023, 8:09 am
Community Director Emerita

It had been working perfectly for me til yesterday. Then it didn't. Today, they have posted that we must have accounts to use it due to bots. I signed in, it started searching, and then nothing. The founders have been extremely responsive. I expect they are more frustrated than us and are working away to overcome the new obstacles.
cblaisd, StartinSanDiego and roame like this.
Old May 4, 2023, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Hi everyone, we apologize for the site going down. Over the past ~72 hours bots have been overloading our servers and taking the website down intermittently. We have been working on fixing the issue and just pushed out another update. We have added new security protocols and logins can be done with magic link or Google. Please let me know if you are still having issues.

Last edited by roame; May 4, 2023 at 12:46 pm Reason: typo
Old May 4, 2023, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by roame
Hi everyone, we apologize for the site going down. Over the past ~72 hours bots have been overloading our servers and taking the website down intermittently. We have been working on fixing the issue and just pushed out another update. We have added new security protocols and logins can be done with magic link or Google. Please let me know if you are still having issues.
Thanks for the update.

I logged in using the magic link but am still having the same problems (search just spins and says "Loading" then doesn't display any results).
Old May 4, 2023, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by danpeake
Thanks for the update.

I logged in using the magic link but am still having the same problems (search just spins and says "Loading" then doesn't display any results).
Thanks for letting us know! There is some revenge searching by everyone who has not been able to search for last few days. Just made some upgrades and should be blazing fast again. Let me know if anything else pops up.
Old May 4, 2023, 2:13 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
I hate to be a pain, but...

1) I can no longer see anywhere to login or create an account.

2) When I do a search for which I *know* there is award inventory, there no results. This happens for multiple searches.

3) The programs/stops buttons are empty

4) After clearing cookies, I did get the opportunity to login with my email address. I did so, got the verify email, clicked, but nowhere hve I been asked for a password.

I really hope you might be able to help get this working. Thanks.
Old May 4, 2023, 2:34 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by cblaisd
I hate to be a pain, but...

1) I can no longer see anywhere to login or create an account.

2) When I do a search for which I *know* there is award inventory, there no results. This happens for multiple searches.

3) The programs/stops buttons are empty

4) After clearing cookies, I did get the opportunity to login with my email address. I did so, got the verify email, clicked, but nowhere hve I been asked for a password.

I really hope you might be able to help get this working. Thanks.
Are you running any content filtering apps such as uBlock Origin? That could be the issue. I can log in, however, no longer by using a password. A sign in link is emailed to my personal email address, which means that I can't access Roame from my work computer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.