Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

Create & Download Your Individual Flight Map

Old Jan 25, 21, 3:07 am
Original Poster

Hi,

I am the founder of Travel-Dealz and a few years ago I developed a flight map to display the departure and destination airports, as well as the routing for our deals. After years of internal usage I thought it would be great if everyone could create his own map and customize it as much as possible with regard to style & even map projection.

Give it a try: https://travel-dealz.eu/tools/flightmap/

I'ts completely free (even for commercial usage) and you can use your individual map under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 international license (copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format, remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially if you give appropriate credit)

Hint: The settings and routing that you select are reflected in the URL. If you bookmark the URL with your own routing, style... you can return to it any time and reuse your style & routing.

The motivation to build such a generator was to provide a modern alternative to the well known Great Circle Mapper. It's built on JavaScript with D3.js, uses scalable vector graphics (SVG) and runs nearly completely client-side (only the airport data will be queried from our API). You can freely choose the size of your flight map and download it as a PNG (than it will be rasterized) or SVG (infinitely scalable).

It's still in active development. If you run into any bugs or really miss a feature, let me know!

Last edited by go-around; Jan 25, 21 at 4:23 am

Search this Thread
Search Engine: