Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

ExpertFlyer - would you renew?

Old Jan 21, 21, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Silver (1MM), Marriott Amb (LT Titanium)

My EF subscription is up for renewal in a couple of weeks and I got a reminder recently via email. Overall I still love the service (so long as they keep the UI as it is now and they don't push that awful beta they tried to use). I'm still traveling weekly but since most flights are 9s across the board I don't really know if there's much use for EF right now. I don't find myself in situations of oversold flights, cancelled flights, etc. where I need to find another routing fast & easy. EF was great for that.

So, I'm just curious if you are or aren't renewing your subscription and what your reasons are.

PS - as mentioned above, if they bring back that awful beta layout I saw last year I will never renew my subscription. Since the beta came out in October I've been using the 'old' site and it still functions 100% perfectly.

-R
Old Jan 22, 21, 2:31 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor & IHG Plat; Meliá & HH & Marriott & Radisson Gold
After 13 years I allowed my subscription to expire this week and got an automated email thanking me "for giving us a try".

It's been excellent value for those 13 years. Even in the ten months since my last flight it has helped me catch cancellations before airlines informed me. But now I suspect it will be a few months before it's useful again.
Old Jan 22, 21, 8:46 am

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
+1. Has been a great value to me historically but right now I'm not traveling so there's no value to me paying for it. Once travel returns for me, I'll jump back on the train but not worth it right now
Old Jan 23, 21, 10:55 am

Programs: AA PLT, AAdv since Day One
Not flying now but have reservations for the second half of this year. So, I now use EF to set Aircraft and Schedule change alerts for those future flights. I've already gotten a few notifications and dealt with them accordingly. Thanks, EF!
Old Jan 23, 21, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL PM, UA Gold, WN A-List, HH DIA, Hyatt Disc, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I hung onto mine via the pandemic and as far as I'm concerned I'll be a subscriber until I'm dead. They've saved me so many times, especially finding flights with seats during IROPs, that I would never abandon them even with minimal travel. I think everyone who travels should be giving them the sub fees.
jhalapin likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: