Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

US to Multi European Destinations Flight Planning Tools?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2019, 5:54 pm
Original Poster

I'm trying to plan a trip for 6 people to visit Ireland, the UK, and Germany (probably Munich). We don't yet know what we want to see and do, and the order doesn't matter. Are there any good juggling tools to figure out the optimal (cheapest) routing from a US city to something like that (e.g. MCI-LHR with a LHR-DUB-MUC-LHR or something on smaller "hopper" flights, or a bunch of 1-ways, etc). We don't really care which city we fly to, or how the hops between are arranged, as long as we get them all in over a ~2 week period. I've been playing with google flights a bit, but the combinations/order are getting hard to juggle so I thought I'd see what others use, or if there was any "general" knowlege of which cities tend to be cheaper, etc. We're looking at 5/17/2020 for about 2 weeks, give or take.

Thanks!
Rich
Old Dec 11, 2019, 3:10 pm

Focus on finding the transatlantic flights, meaning MCI-LHR-MCI or MCI-LHR; MUC-MCI
Buy that on 1 ticket
Then look seperately for each flight within Europe on kayak, since you can get that with low cost carriers (Easyjet, Ryanair,...)

Its gonna be much cheaper to book it this way instead of booking ALL flights on 1 ticket

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.