Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

Is There a Hotel Price-Tracking Website?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2014, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Monitor hotel rates

folks

is there a good site that you've used to monitor when a hotel rate dips or that shows the historical chart?

Thanks
Old Oct 23, 2014, 11:38 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Monitor hotel rates

yapta.com
Old Oct 26, 2014, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Adam1222
yapta.com
Based on first look, it doesn't seem to distinguish between advance purchase and refundable hotel rates.

IMHO, tracking price without distinguishing between these two is pretty useless, as you can't adjust an already-booked advance purchase rate, but that's typically the lowest, so a "dumb" hotel tracking site will simply keep telling you that the advance purchase rate is lower than the refundable rate you booked.

It also is goofy about brands. It lists tons of different Hilton family brands, but lists no Marriott family brands other than Marriott proper.

Finally, it makes a difference what site you look up a hotel on. Unless you're after a Best Rate Guarantee, you want the rates from the chain's own site (so that you'll earn points/etc for the stay). Or if you want the best price at any website, you want it to check all websites, but yapta does not seem the most thorough aggregator out there.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 8:56 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Based on first look, it doesn't seem to distinguish between advance purchase and refundable hotel rates.

IMHO, tracking price without distinguishing between these two is pretty useless, as you can't adjust an already-booked advance purchase rate, but that's typically the lowest, so a "dumb" hotel tracking site will simply keep telling you that the advance purchase rate is lower than the refundable rate you booked.

It also is goofy about brands. It lists tons of different Hilton family brands, but lists no Marriott family brands other than Marriott proper.

Finally, it makes a difference what site you look up a hotel on. Unless you're after a Best Rate Guarantee, you want the rates from the chain's own site (so that you'll earn points/etc for the stay). Or if you want the best price at any website, you want it to check all websites, but yapta does not seem the most thorough aggregator out there.

Thanks for the critique. But the question wasn't what's the best thorough aggregator out there. Rather than tear someone's responsive answer apart, while also suggesting the question is dumb, it would be a lot more helpful if you provided another website that allows you to track the rates at a given property on a given date.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 3:19 pm
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
Any good hotel price watch tools?

I'm planning a hotel stay in mid-March. I've tried to find a website, app, or whatever that will monitor rates for a certain hotel I've been eyeballing for a certain date and email me if the price changes (either up or down). Kayak's tool for this seems to be useless, it emails me every day even though the price hasn't changed. I've signed up for the one on Hotels.com but it hasn't sent me anything yet because the price hasn't yet changed (and not sure when or if it will).

Is there a useful tool out there somewhere that will do this reliably, or is the one for Hotels.com any good?
Old Jan 12, 2017, 9:52 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Yapta RoomIQ Intelligent Price Tracking™ and hotel savings alerts tool seems to do it; however, as far as I can tell, it's for existing bookings only.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 7:48 am
Company Representative: HotelRatePro

Programs: AA, BA, UA, HH, IHG, SPG, Marriott
Thumbs up HotelRatePRO does it

Hello lo2e - I hope still in time for your mid-March plans.

HotelRatePRO at https://www.hotelratepro.com
does exactly what you are looking for.

We offer Hotel Rate Tracking for booked and un-booked hotels, with an option for BrandSearch - track same brand hotels near the booked/requested hotel.

You can select Member-Only rates or Public rates, and Refundable or Non-Refundable rates.

We send you a RateAlert as soon as a lower rate is found.
For booked hotels you can specify a minimum price-drop, so we do not send you a RateAlert for a small drop in price.

We also offer tracking for a Sold-Out Hotel for any room availability, with an option of BrandSearch.

We currently support the 48 brands of Hilton, IHG, Marriott and Starwood. Hyatt brands will be added this month, followed by Wyndham (top brands) and Best Western.
We plan to support additional hotel groups and offer additional services.

Thank you - HotelRatePRO Representative.

Last edited by HotelRatePro; Mar 7, 2017 at 1:06 pm
Old Nov 3, 2019, 5:28 pm

Are there any websites out there that operate like Autoslash: As in you book a hotel through them and they auto rebook for you if/when the price goes down?

I am eyeing a hotel for May 2020... with that long leadtime, it's bound to go up and down in price.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Nov 4, 2019 at 5:32 am Reason: retitled thread for clarity
Old Nov 4, 2019, 3:31 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

You might want to put your name on the early access list for hotelslash.com which we hope to launch soon.

PS--Be sure that whatever you book now is fully refundable so we'll be able to save you money when the time comes!
dtremit likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 5:39 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Good question (and encouraging to hear that something is in the works); I've moved this question to the Travel Tools Forum where I think it is more topical and of greater interest to the members who visit and post there.

FlyinHawaiian, Acting Moderator
Other Hotel Chains Forum
AutoSlash and SanDiego1K like this.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 2:33 pm

From the same folks who brought you CamelCamelCamel.com (Amazon price tracker): https://camelodge.com/ (hotel price tracker).

I believe Expedia might have a price tracker, but I've never used it.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 12:53 pm

Hotel price tracking services don't seem to last long. There was HotelRatesPro, Yapta RoomIQ, Google Hotel price tracking and few others made by OTAs themselves. All these services discontinued or pivoted away.

I'm suspecting the main reason why we don't have a good working hotel price tracking service is because the hotel industry providers (hotels and middle-men such as OTAs) are trying to blick these kind of services because it's against their interest. They don't want us to cancel and rebook at a lower price because it impedes their revenue management strategies.

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
You might want to put your name on the early access list for hotelslash which we hope to launch soon.

PS--Be sure that whatever you book now is fully refundable so we'll be able to save you money when the time comes!
When do you think we will be able to try hotelslash ?

I see that Roomkey offers a free hotel price tracking (price drop alerts) service that supposedly works with direct bookings. I set up a few alerts but I have yet to be notified
Old Feb 11, 2020, 12:57 pm

Roomkey.com hotel price drop alerts

Did anyone try this feature? They seem to be able to pull rates directly from the chains (Hilton, Marriott,...), not from OTAs, and let users set up price drop alerts. I set up a few alerts for a few hotels but I have yet to be notified
Old Feb 12, 2020, 2:47 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by hoipolloi
Hotel price tracking services don't seem to last long. There was HotelRatesPro, Yapta RoomIQ, Google Hotel price tracking and few others made by OTAs themselves. All these services discontinued or pivoted away.

I'm suspecting the main reason why we don't have a good working hotel price tracking service is because the hotel industry providers (hotels and middle-men such as OTAs) are trying to blick these kind of services because it's against their interest. They don't want us to cancel and rebook at a lower price because it impedes their revenue management strategies.

When do you think we will be able to try hotelslash ?

I see that Roomkey offers a free hotel price tracking (price drop alerts) service that supposedly works with direct bookings. I set up a few alerts but I have yet to be notified
Email [email protected] and we’ll see what we can do to get you on the list.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 3:09 pm

Programs: Free agent
I'd love to be able to hop in on this as well. Need to book some rooms upfront to guarantee space but I know the price is going to drop.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.