Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

How to plan for July 2020 on budget carriers?

Old Jul 18, 2019, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: VS Gold

I was looking at planning a trip next summer including Spain, Sicily, Morocco and maybe others..

The big airlines have their schedules but the budget ones don't seem to.

One idea I had is to look at the 2019 schedules and assume (hope?) that the same routes will run the same days of the week in 2020, e.g. RyanAir flies RAK-SVQ Tues and Saturdays (Marrakesh - Seville).

Any thoughts from the community? Risky?!

When to the budget carriers publish their summer schedules?
Old Jul 23, 2019, 11:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
My experience has been that it's fall/winter that they publish the coming summer. Even major airlines that operate a ULCC-like short-haul operation sometimes publish their seasonal stuff later than their core long-haul flights.

I've gone ahead and booked hotels farther out than flights as long as I know there are *some* major airlines that will operate my desired date even if the "budget" airline doesn't. Booking short-hauls with a couple months' advance notice usually isn't that hard.

There may be a few locations where it's risky to book a hotel without knowing the flight schedules. Seville isn't one of them - there will always be Iberia flights there, every day. Plus a few daily arrivals each from the other two alliances.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.