FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Travel Tools (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools-701/)
-   -   2nd Update: Has RouteHappy Disabled Direct Search? [Coming Back] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools/1961286-2nd-update-has-routehappy-disabled-direct-search-coming-back.html)

offtothehills Apr 26, 2013 4:02 pm

2nd Update: Has RouteHappy Disabled Direct Search? [Coming Back]

Tool been developed to compare, amongst others, "happiness features" of the different types of aircraft on the particular rout you want to fly. How to get more/better features/seats/bars etc by showing flight prices and then you can go on to purchase your chosen carrier with a better understanding and less chance of a disappointment.

Have had quick look and it seems great.:)

Routehappy

ThatJohn Apr 28, 2013 9:43 pm

Thanks, MyraA, I'm glad you liked it! I'm John Walton, Routehappy's director of data — the bloke in charge of cabin, seat and amenity details — and we're so excited to have finally launched with full pricing and GDS flight availability.

As FlyerTalkers ourselves (our data architect and co-founder proudly proclaims himself a Pan Am WorldPass member since 1984), we hope we'll be just as much of a useful tool for the FlyerTalk and frequentflyer community as we are for everyday passengers.

Please feel free to get in touch with me directly via PM, email or Twitter if you have any questions about the site, comments about how things work or corrections to our data. We're confident in what we have, but we know that many eyeballs can uncover anomalies that slip through or turn up post hoc.

I'll also be following up this thread as swiftly as I can if there are any questions. Thanks again for your interest!

N830MH Apr 29, 2013 12:15 am

All I can say 'WOW!" it's look so perfect! I never ever heard of it before. I am really like it lots. I think it's right choice for me. If I can find a cheap ticket. Then I will booked it immediately. It look so different, huh?

dcpdxtrans Apr 29, 2013 12:24 pm

not a bad start

I am assuming this is version gamma+. Not bad. I can think of all sorts of ways in how certain features may or should evolve. On a cursory review, I can think of at least 4 features that frequent flyers / airline alliance hounds like myself would want to see. I'll be watching this site to see how it matures. Though at this point, I don't necessarily agree with the author of the WashPo article in that the site will change the way we fly. Still, good start. Good luck.

vicarious_MR'er Apr 29, 2013 12:25 pm

I am just tryign it now. I have to say before even using it, I love the whole idea.

ThatJohn Apr 29, 2013 1:33 pm

dcpdxtrans, I'd love to hear how you'd like the site to evolve. We've got all kinds of plans that we think will be awesome for a FT-type flyer, and we're keen to learn what would be the killer feature for you. My details are above if you feel like sharing your thoughts!

dannybloomfield Jun 17, 2014 4:28 pm

RouteHappy

Love this site. Per their own marketing:

Happiness scores reveal better flights
Discover shorter flights with better planes, seats, amenities, and flyer ratings.

Shop by happiness factors that matter
Roomier seats, entertainment, Wi-Fi,
In-seat power, and more!

KyRoamer Apr 17, 2015 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by dannybloomfield (Post 23051266)
Love this site. Per their own marketing:

Happiness scores reveal better flights
Discover shorter flights with better planes, seats, amenities, and flyer ratings.

Shop by happiness factors that matter
Roomier seats, entertainment, Wi-Fi,
In-seat power, and more!

Routehappy is a useful service. You find it at https://www.routehappy.com/.

abimatov Apr 21, 2015 12:22 am

Nice, it's like TripAdvisor for flights! Although personally, I'll take misery over price :)

commaander Apr 21, 2015 10:17 pm

I really like it

I really like what they have created there. Good design and USP can be seen quickly....nice work

gadgetfreaky Mar 17, 2019 12:50 pm

RouteHappy Disabled Direct Search?

Looks like Routehappy is just offering its' tool to other airlines. I actually rely on this tool for picking flights quite a bit.

Anyone know what's up?

Routehappy by ATPCO

yankees368 Mar 18, 2019 9:55 am

Originally Posted by gadgetfreaky (Post 30897557)
Looks like Routehappy is just offering its' tool to other airlines. I actually rely on this tool for picking flights quite a bit.

Anyone know what's up?

Routehappy by ATPCO

Don't worry, the flight search demo tool is coming back. It is temporarily offline but it will return in due course. Sorry about that!

gadgetfreaky Mar 18, 2019 11:02 am

Originally Posted by yankees368 (Post 30901088)
Don't worry, the flight search demo tool is coming back. It is temporarily offline but it will return in due course. Sorry about that!

Oh thanks- I use your tool a TON and nothing else really comes close when picking a flight on a route over say 3-4 hours.

If it's a business class seat or even a coach seat - stuff like wifi, seat comfort (would be cool to see seat pitch) and in seat IFE or not matters (IFE is better because airlines efforts to push entertainemnt onto devices is still in early days and is still unreliable so in seat IFE is preferable to me currently).
On super long range flights I like eitehr the 787 and a350 with better air pressure and air moisture control to adjust for jetlag.

Any way- thanks for the tool and glad it's coming back.