Wiki Posts
Search

Fare Alerts

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2019, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ,CX,LX
Fare Alerts

Is there a product out there that will alert me to changes in the fares for a particular routing. The route I'm interested in is OSL-FRA-SIN-AKL in business class towards the end of the year with a 4 month validity. The cheapest fare I found for early this year was when I searched in early November 2018 for a mid January 2019 departure and that was about €1980 I think, looking at that routing from 1st October 2019 it is yielding a fare of about €3600. I don't know whether the €1980 fare was a "special" or not but it's what both ITA Matrix and Google Flights were returning. All I'm trying to do is try and judge when the fares will be at their optimum without going in every day/week and searching. Will Expert Flyer do something like this?
Old Jan 17, 2019, 11:35 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Lussac
Is there a product out there that will alert me to changes in the fares for a particular routing. The route I'm interested in is OSL-FRA-SIN-AKL in business class towards the end of the year with a 4 month validity. The cheapest fare I found for early this year was when I searched in early November 2018 for a mid January 2019 departure and that was about €1980 I think, looking at that routing from 1st October 2019 it is yielding a fare of about €3600. I don't know whether the €1980 fare was a "special" or not but it's what both ITA Matrix and Google Flights were returning. All I'm trying to do is try and judge when the fares will be at their optimum without going in every day/week and searching. Will Expert Flyer do something like this?
You can do ARN-LHR-HKG-AKL (and in reverse) for £1995 at present:

https://www.google.com/flights?hl=en...8*2.GBP.201628

https://book.cathaypacific.com/Catha...IR_TRIP_FARE#/!
Old Jan 18, 2019, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ,CX,LX
Yes, that's my usual routing with Cathay but this November I need to be in Singapore mid month and I don't really want to do ARN-LHR-HKG-SIN-HKG-AKL and would rather do Ex-EU to SIN then on to AKL, the routing back can be flexible though but that won't be until March-April 2020. I think I will have to wait until late April/early May to do the searches though as the fares that far out are not loaded before then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.