FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Travel Tools (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools-701/)
-   -   Hotel award search tool (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools/1929457-hotel-award-search-tool.html)

Travelz Sep 7, 2018 12:24 pm

Hotel award search tool

What hotel award search tools do you use? I was always using Awardmapper but now it is no longer available. It was a great tool for us. I just found Awardomatic. Are there others that are more reliable? Hotel Hustle works but it is slow.

SanDiego1K Mar 14, 2019 6:41 pm

I am wondering the same thing. I swore by Hotel Hustle and found a lot of hotels I would not otherwise have known about. But it is completely down. What are folks using to look across all the programs to see what hotels are in a specific area?

iahphx May 26, 2019 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K (Post 30888611)
I am wondering the same thing. I swore by Hotel Hustle and found a lot of hotels I would not otherwise have known about. But it is completely down. What are folks using to look across all the programs to see what hotels are in a specific area?

Yeah, what's with these hotel award tools being sucky? I guess there are no commissions on award stays so you can't monetize it? And ads don't pay the bills?

Obviously, a metasearch function for award stays is very useful to a lot of us. Hotel Hustle was decent for awhile, got slow and buggy, and now doesn't seem to work. Award Mapper was less useful but still valuable until it stopped being updated.

I just tried Awardomatic and it's kind of like Award Mapper (good, but not great). Is it at least being updated? Sadly, it doesn't include some of the "lesser" programs, like Choice, which is a shame because it's in the weird places (where Choice often has properties) that I find this type of search most useful.

BTW, it's a shame that this thread is buried in a forum that probably doesn't get a lot of eyeballs. I had to search to find it, but it's obviously an important issue for many flyertalkers.

ScrewTheAverage Jun 5, 2019 11:47 am

Originally Posted by Travelz (Post 30179342)
What hotel award search tools do you use? I was always using Awardmapper but now it is no longer available. It was a great tool for us. I just found Awardomatic. Are there others that are more reliable? Hotel Hustle works but it is slow.

We too were tired of what seemed like endlessly searching for award redemptions, so we created category one, two, and three hotel award maps for Hilton, Radisson, Marriott(SPG), and Hyatt.

You can find the maps on our website within the article: Award Travel Category 1, 2, & 3 Hotel Maps: Hilton, Radisson, Marriott/SPG, Hyatt.

If you want to skip/jump directly to a specific map or section of the article, use the appropriate quick link at the top of the page.

Happy Award Lodging!

BLTraveler Aug 20, 2019 7:48 am

Originally Posted by iahphx (Post 31140765)
Yeah, what's with these hotel award tools being sucky? I guess there are no commissions on award stays so you can't monetize it? And ads don't pay the bills?

Obviously, a metasearch function for award stays is very useful to a lot of us. Hotel Hustle was decent for awhile, got slow and buggy, and now doesn't seem to work. Award Mapper was less useful but still valuable until it stopped being updated.

I just tried Awardomatic and it's kind of like Award Mapper (good, but not great). Is it at least being updated? Sadly, it doesn't include some of the "lesser" programs, like Choice, which is a shame because it's in the weird places (where Choice often has properties) that I find this type of search most useful.

BTW, it's a shame that this thread is buried in a forum that probably doesn't get a lot of eyeballs. I had to search to find it, but it's obviously an important issue for many flyertalkers.

Seem like awardwallet just added a bunch of hotels from hyatt's mergers. but I still see a bunch of hilton hotels not updated.

SanDiego1K Aug 20, 2019 9:02 am

Originally Posted by BLTraveler (Post 31435725)
Seem like awardwallet just added a bunch of hotels from hyatt's mergers. but I still see a bunch of hilton hotels not updated.

Are you saying that AwardWallet has a tool to find hotels in a specific geographic area? Could you please give a link? I have just looked at the site and can't spot it.

BLTraveler Aug 20, 2019 9:49 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K (Post 31436010)
Are you saying that AwardWallet has a tool to find hotels in a specific geographic area? Could you please give a link? I have just looked at the site and can't spot it.

Mybad, I meant awardmapper