FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Travel Tools (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools-701/)
-   -   anyone using 'App in the AIr' (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools/1922716-anyone-using-app-air.html)

chris1979 Jul 31, 2018 2:30 pm

anyone using 'App in the AIr'

read some good reviews and downloaded it but something isn't quite right - it's showing flights that I am definitely not taking.

anyone using it / has any experience?

and/or recommendations for similar products (especially since the demise of MyFlights)?

Qwkynuf Jul 31, 2018 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by chris1979 (Post 30032964)
read some good reviews and downloaded it but something isn't quite right - it's showing flights that I am definitely not taking.

and/or recommendations for similar products (especially since the demise of MyFlights)?

I use it. I agree that it's a little odd, but it does a decent job of aggregating my flights from TripIt, and it's the only app I have found (so far) that is able to tell me the tail number of the plane automatically.

chris1979 Aug 3, 2018 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by Qwkynuf (Post 30033941)
I use it. I agree that it's a little odd, but it does a decent job of aggregating my flights from TripIt, and it's the only app I have found (so far) that is able to tell me the tail number of the plane automatically.

thank for the feedback.

NikAvia Aug 8, 2018 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by chris1979 (Post 30032964)

Hello! My name is Nikita Kosholkin. I'm a co-founder of App in the Air. These flights might be imported from your connected email. As a part of parsing process the app import all flights from it (any flights which can be, for example, flights of your colleagues who forward them to you). We try to distinguish your flights, but sometimes we can't do that and hence put them to the Other folder at Trips screen. In case any questions just send me an email at [email protected]

By the way, you can connect your loyalty programs at Profile -> Wallet and we will not only show the balance, but also import flights from it (there are some limitations for different programs).

Have a nice day!

NikAvia Aug 8, 2018 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by Qwkynuf (Post 30033941)

Hello! Can you please specify, whats the odd in the app? Do you have this same case with flights which are not yours? Great to hear that import from TripIt works good!

We show not only the tail number, but (if available) availability of amenities (wi-fi, IFE, legroom, power outlets) and seat plan. Feel free to write me at [email protected] with any questions.

Nikita

davidgrahammd Aug 9, 2018 1:20 pm

@NikAvia

Always nice to have the company presence in the forum!

Any ability to port flights over from American's Aadvantage program?

Aselwyn Aug 22, 2018 8:57 pm

Can i make a feature request that in the Profile under Aircraft that we can tap on the listing and show when we flew that aircarft type with what airline and a listing of each tail number?

Qwkynuf Aug 22, 2018 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by NikAvia (Post 30062283)
Hello! Can you please specify, whats the odd in the app? Do you have this same case with flights which are not yours? Great to hear that import from TripIt works good!

We show not only the tail number, but (if available) availability of amenities (wi-fi, IFE, legroom, power outlets) and seat plan. Feel free to write me at [email protected] with any questions.

Nikita

Ok, so here's an example. I fly more or less weekly, usually 4 segments. Right at this moment I have 5 upcoming trips in the app and maybe 125 past flights. When I open the app it shows a badge on the "Inbox", indicating 117 unread messages. When I open the inbox I see a Flight Updates section and a Flight reviews section. What I don't see is any way to clear the notification. I am not interested in leaving flight reviews and will never use that functionality. I have clicked on everything in both sections, and even resorted to doing a review, but nothing changes the number. I only want to be notified about stuff that I care about, and I want to be able to clear the notification so that I will know when there is something new to see there.

To me, that's weird.

asimha Aug 28, 2018 2:16 am

I am enjoying AppinTheAir and the great support from Kate too ! I have approx 450 flights in Trip but also older flights that I would like to add to get full statistics since 2000.
Any idea on how to do that ?
Thanks for a cool app !
Andre

itsaboutthejourney Mar 9, 2019 3:06 pm

App in the Air hosted a really nice event for their top flyers at the Pan Am Experience earlier this week. It was great to meet some of the team members as well as users. Looks like they have some big plans for booking/finding flights.

lsquare Aug 3, 2019 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by asimha (Post 30138199)
I am enjoying AppinTheAir and the great support from Kate too ! I have approx 450 flights in Trip but also older flights that I would like to add to get full statistics since 2000.
Any idea on how to do that ?
Thanks for a cool app !
Andre

I would like to know too.

You guys think it's worth buying the lifetime license? I'm just afraid that this so-called LT license isn't really LT cuz plans may change in the future.

Edit: I forgot to ask if the auto check-in works for all airlines? If so, that's a great feature as I often book economy for North American travels and I can't select my seat until 24 hour before departure. It would be great if the app select the seat that I want since the check-in time may be very early in the morning and I rather be in bed.

PackingIt Aug 7, 2019 9:13 pm

What does lifetime really mean when it comes to software. I can say I bought the LT a few years ago and the company and app keeps evolving. So there's that.

Originally Posted by lsquare (Post 31375323)
I would like to know too.

You guys think it's worth buying the lifetime license? I'm just afraid that this so-called LT license isn't really LT cuz plans may change in the future.

Edit: I forgot to ask if the auto check-in works for all airlines? If so, that's a great feature as I often book economy for North American travels and I can't select my seat until 24 hour before departure. It would be great if the app select the seat that I want since the check-in time may be very early in the morning and I rather be in bed.

stevebintley Aug 9, 2019 7:47 am

I love this app. I’m not a subscriber to any alerts, nor do I fly as much as many on here (c. 50 per year), but I’d be at a loss without it. As a central point to store all my itineraries, and also the fun map and videos, mean I’d be lost without it.

Now, how many more tickets do I need to buy each year to get on these exclusive event invite lists...?!

lsquare Aug 14, 2019 8:00 pm

I have to sign in with my Google account in order to use the app? No way to just use my email and create password to use the app?

PackingIt Aug 15, 2019 9:56 pm

Just create a new gmail account. Same idea.

Originally Posted by lsquare (Post 31417534)
I have to sign in with my Google account in order to use the app? No way to just use my email and create password to use the app?