Logmystay - Keep track of travel history with facts, charts and maps

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2018, 4:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald), TK Elite (*A Gold)

Originally Posted by logmyflight
Quick update for you guys: after a few months of hard work, I'm glad to annonce the release of the first beta version of a brand new website, called Logmystay. Basically, this website is really similar to Logmyflight but it allows you to keep track of your stays in different resorts anywhere around the globe. Each time you stay away from home, you will be able to log your stay and to rate several aspects of the resort you stay in, in order to receive detailed and interactive fun facts, charts and maps, summarizing your travel history, just as Logmyflight already does.

As always, any bug found can be reported using the dedicated form that can be found in the contact page of your account. Any suggestion is also of course more than welcome. By the way, all the main pages and features of the website are of course available for free but you can use the discount code FLYERTALK to get 10$ off the first year of an eventual new five star upgraded membership. Find more info about the website in our blog or by liking our dedicated facebook page. Cheers!
Is there a dedicated thread to discuss logmystay? I can't find one anywhere and have some comments! :-)
Old Apr 29, 2018, 8:42 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by stevebintley
Is there a dedicated thread to discuss logmystay? I can't find one anywhere and have some comments! :-)
Now there is.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 6:07 am

Thank you for this thread! Don't hesitate to suggest in here new features you would like to see on the website, or any bug you found
Old May 4, 2018, 5:32 am
Original Poster

Minor one; on the home page, you still reference "...last time you took the plane...".
Old May 4, 2018, 5:34 am

Thanks! I've just corrected it.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 4:04 am

Hi guys!

Great news, as the version 2.0 of Logmystay has now just been released for everyone!

This new version introduces several different new features and improvements:
Basically, the back-end code has been rewritten from the ground up to make it more reliable while the front-end has been enhanced as well to improve the user experience. The most noticeable changes are the following:

* Improved security and speed throughout the website (around 20-25% gain in velocity for most of the pages)
* New databases to cope for the increasing number of stays
* General improvement of the design, to take advantage of the larger screens
* Completely new and redesigned dashboard
* New data to be added to your stays (price of the stay and new aspects to rate)
* New point system (each stay logged gives you a number of points depending on several parameters) used to rank the different users
* Two new charts (hotel chains and price vs number of nights)
* 9 new awards and 8 new achievements
* Possibility to login using either Google and/or twitter
* Improved bulk stay editing directly from the data table
* Enhanced Tripit import process
* Moving from Google Maps to Mapbox for all the maps, as a result of Google's new pricing policy
* New notification system
* Website completely translated to French and Spanish
* Import of custom CSV files now available
* Less ads for the non-upgraded member

Don't hesitate to let me know if you find any bug with this new version or if you have any suggestion, by responding to this thread or by using the dedicated contact form in your account.
Cheers!
PAX_fips and FLYGVA like this.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 9:07 pm

Looks great
Old Aug 3, 2019, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Anyone here use this service?
Old Aug 4, 2019, 2:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lsquare
Anyone here use this service?
I do! While there’s the option of logging stays with ‘family & fiends’ I only add my actual hotel stays. It’s been useful on a few occasions when I’ve had to recall things like room numbers for a variety of reasons. However, much like logmyflight, it’s the geeky data aspect which I find fascinating!
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by stevebintley

I do! While there’s the option of logging stays with ‘family & fiends’ I only add my actual hotel stays. It’s been useful on a few occasions when I’ve had to recall things like room numbers for a variety of reasons. However, much like logmyflight, it’s the geeky data aspect which I find fascinating!
I haven't used logmyflight before. I'll give it a try. I'm mainly use my.FlightRadar cuz I love the interface. Is logmyflight similar?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.