Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

Flighty - A new Flight Tracking app for iOS

Flighty - A new Flight Tracking app for iOS

Old Aug 15, 2019, 11:22 am
Company Representative, Flighty App

Programs: www.flighty.app
Originally Posted by BThumme
For what its worth, I just went back 7 years, I was able to find some of my tail numbers through this app (looking at you, UA38 EWR-OSL on 12-25-2012). A lot of the flights still say waiting for tail number, so I'm going to guess the data isn't there (my earliest flight I need a tail for is UA3629 GRR-ORD on 4-10-2012), and a bunch of my old dash 8 flights (like FNT-CLE on 12-25-2012). Still though, I know what I'll be doing this weekend. I was happy to see that the app had no problems picking up (RIP) US Airways Flights.

I'm hoping the app will stay at the reduced price for about another two weeks, which is when I plan to grab it for a year. But also another vote for a lifetime subscription @flightyryan.
If I can pat our own backs for a minute, we do do a really nice job showing past flight's data. Glad you are enjoying. TripIt can bulk import those for you btw. And I'm still looking to pay someone to build OpenFlights import!

Old flight data is VERY hard. I still need a good source for pre-2005 data, anyone?

If you will indulge, see post above you?, and give me advice on how YOU would price lifetime.

🙏
Old Aug 15, 2019, 2:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by flightyryan
If I can pat our own backs for a minute, we do do a really nice job showing past flight's data. Glad you are enjoying. TripIt can bulk import those for you btw. And I'm still looking to pay someone to build OpenFlights import!

Old flight data is VERY hard. I still need a good source for pre-2005 data, anyone?

If you will indulge, see post above you?, and give me advice on how YOU would price lifetime.

🙏
Well, do you have a definition of what lifetime even really means? The life of an app might only be 5 years tops. I don't expect it to mean 50 years (although that would be nice). I'm not a developer, but I feel like I'd want to get as much money as fast I could from someone. There could be lots of new apps that come out in the next year or two. If I'm on a year to year subscription, I'm going to be evaluating very closely any and all alternatives as they come up. It seems like "locking" in someone for 3+years worth of a subscription fee might not be a bad idea.

Are you planning on eventually selling the app or getting bought out? If so, as I mentioned above, I'd be trying to get as much as I can as fast as I can, which is where my incentive would be to push for a longer term option. I don't know if that makes any sense at all or not, but that's what I would do. I think 3 years worth is the break even point for a lot of people/apps on this. Anything over that, I don't have confidence the app will stick around. Anything less then that, there's no incentive to buy that.

I'm just armchairing it over here.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 4:20 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Amex Centurion, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
That's why most startups use it. But we are bootstrapped, with my own money, and have zero plans to invest or sell. We do subscriptions because it's how OUR costs work. That's how we buy data from alllll the providers, so that's how we bill. *For right now* if Flighty is not worth $4/month for you, then we must focus on the users that it IS worth that for. We do this because at 1-2 trips per month that means $1-2 per flight, which is what we would charge anyway for "packs". So for your "core" users, it's better value, less work for the user, less work for us, our incentives are aligned, and we can buy more data and work on improving the app in confidence.

Maybe that's too candid to a fault, but that's just me, and the honest to god truth. Sure, we may do packs way down the road.

Everyone uses Dark Sky as an example . My first app was Weather Line, before joining Apple, and then leaving to do Flighty and Weather Line 2. I was the first 3 apps to use Dark Sky's data and I know John and Adam well. Here's the thing... Dark Sky iOS app is marketing for their weather data. It's not a business. It's a marketing cost. That's why when they made Android it's subs! By my estimates, they make $1M per year revenue off the iOS app and $20M++ off the data business. Anyone else, that doesn't own the data, would make $1M revenue and maybe $50-100k/year in profits after paying data costs and Apple.

(Do you folks want answers like this, long and winding and about my/our app world, or just want me to hear the feedback and tally a vote for one-time pack purchases? Serious question.)

Let me put it back to you, if you are willing to volley a bit: If you were me, how would you charge for Flighty, with this context: Our data, server, and engineering costs are insane, let's call it $0.50 cents per flight (not true, but masking it from competitors). You can't say "decrease my costs" becuase I'm always trying to do that! How can I sell Flighty for $X up front for your entire life, while you fly 4-6 times per week?

I hope this isn't too frank. The volley back and forth I love.
I love that you took the time to respond candidly, and I think this is an interesting discussion (loved the Dark Sky context!) Admittedly, as an employee of a large cloud provider, my notion of how much data, storage, compute, networking, etc costs may be skewed. From a pricing/packaging standpoint, I like BTHumme's take on this and think that a multi-year pack would really be a hit with the users you are trying to acquire.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 8:49 pm

Well, do you have a definition of what lifetime even really means? The life of an app might only be 5 years tops. I don't expect it to mean 50 years (although that would be nice). I'm not a developer, but I feel like I'd want to get as much money as fast I could from someone. There could be lots of new apps that come out in the next year or two. If I'm on a year to year subscription, I'm going to be evaluating very closely any and all alternatives as they come up. It seems like "locking" in someone for 3+years worth of a subscription fee might not be a bad idea.

Are you planning on eventually selling the app or getting bought out? If so, as I mentioned above, I'd be trying to get as much as I can as fast as I can, which is where my incentive would be to push for a longer term option. I don't know if that makes any sense at all or not, but that's what I would do. I think 3 years worth is the break even point for a lot of people/apps on this. Anything over that, I don't have confidence the app will stick around. Anything less then that, there's no incentive to buy that.

I'm just armchairing it over here.
See, this is where I'm a little different, actually very different - I want to build this into a small business that I keep for a long long long time. I have no intentions of selling or getting bought. I have all the intentions of working on the product for years and years and years. There is SO much that can be done.

You're thinking is right: getting cashflow up front is VERY helpful for building the business faster and better. This particular business, with it's insanely high and recurring operating costs is rrrrreally dicey to sell an unlimited lifetime plan.

In general, "we" (app makers) aim for 3-5x annual price for lifetime prices. I think you are spot on with 3 years being the general expected lifetime by a user. Given my costs and my plans, how many of you would buy Flighty lifetime for $199?
Old Aug 16, 2019, 5:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Let me recap, to make sure I get it, then troubleshoot:
1. You installed Flighty but forgot to turn on Notifications. OK, good to know, maybe we can make that more clear.
2. Then you are saying CX flights have been a mess since July.
3. Flighty correctly told you a tail number change and a plane type change.
4. CX865 was delayed and CX and Google had it, Flighty was 20 minutes late.

OK, so a couple things. First sorry for the late reply, I meant to reply for 2 days. Next, let me point you to "Record of Changes" are at the bottom of every flight in Flighty and report every single tiny little change, not like other sites that only show changes >=15m changes, we list every drop. So, you can *always* see what time Flighty knew about X event. Next, due to our strict privacy, there's really not much I can look into so far... like what should I look up to investigate this? I don't know the flight date or your UserID. I think this might be a recurring them on the board, so allow me to say:

*To diagnosis an issue, I need a bug report via "Report an Issue" in the app including flight numbes, date, and what happened. Exactly like the info you provided above would be stellar. That report includes your private random UserID, and a diagnostic log from the app, without that, there's no much we can look up.*

I'm not meaning to point this a lsquare at all, just a general PSA, that is my fault for not saying earlier. As to your issue exactly, I've never heard of CX issues, this is literally the first, but my eyes are peeled now, and if you send me that bug report we can look!
1. Maybe forgot is the wrong word. I didn't know what to expect and what I had to do prior to taking AC548. I think it might be best for some things to be turned on by default. I'll let you make the decision on that.

2. I think CX865 JFK-YVR have been a mess at least based on my experience so far and the statistics provided by Flighty. Have you looked into the flight? I took CX865 on July 5th and August 9th from JFK-YVR.

3. I don't know if it was correct because I don't have any other information to compare to. The funny thing is that it ultimately reverted to the original plane that was supposed to be used for the JFK-YVR flight. So CX changed the plane, but thought it was a bad idea and go back to the original plane? Flighty shows B777-300 changed to B777-300 ER, but I think it was originally a B777-300 ER. If so, it made a couple of decisions in a span of a couple of hours.

4. Yes, Flighty was late to notify me of the delayed departure while CX's notification via email and Google was correct. Why wasn't Flighty able to show the delayed departure much earlier?

I'm just going to copy and paste this into an email for you. I'm not sure why my User ID would be important in figuring out why Flighty didn't display the delayed departure sooner.

Thx for the help.

See, this is where I'm a little different, actually very different - I want to build this into a small business that I keep for a long long long time. I have no intentions of selling or getting bought. I have all the intentions of working on the product for years and years and years. There is SO much that can be done.

You're thinking is right: getting cashflow up front is VERY helpful for building the business faster and better. This particular business, with it's insanely high and recurring operating costs is rrrrreally dicey to sell an unlimited lifetime plan.

In general, "we" (app makers) aim for 3-5x annual price for lifetime prices. I think you are spot on with 3 years being the general expected lifetime by a user. Given my costs and my plans, how many of you would buy Flighty lifetime for $199?
What's the point of calling it lifetime if it's going to be 3 years?

Last edited by TWA884; Aug 16, 2019 at 8:30 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member; please use the multi-quote function. Thank you.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 8:07 am

Programs: DL D, UA 1k, Mar T
That's why most startups use it. But we are bootstrapped, with my own money, and have zero plans to invest or sell. We do subscriptions because it's how OUR costs work. That's how we buy data from alllll the providers, so that's how we bill. *For right now* if Flighty is not worth $4/month for you, then we must focus on the users that it IS worth that for. We do this because at 1-2 trips per month that means $1-2 per flight, which is what we would charge anyway for "packs". So for your "core" users, it's better value, less work for the user, less work for us, our incentives are aligned, and we can buy more data and work on improving the app in confidence.

Maybe that's too candid to a fault, but that's just me, and the honest to god truth. Sure, we may do packs way down the road.

Everyone uses Dark Sky as an example . My first app was Weather Line, before joining Apple, and then leaving to do Flighty and Weather Line 2. I was the first 3 apps to use Dark Sky's data and I know John and Adam well. Here's the thing... Dark Sky iOS app is marketing for their weather data. It's not a business. It's a marketing cost. That's why when they made Android it's subs! By my estimates, they make $1M per year revenue off the iOS app and $20M++ off the data business. Anyone else, that doesn't own the data, would make $1M revenue and maybe $50-100k/year in profits after paying data costs and Apple.

(Do you folks want answers like this, long and winding and about my/our app world, or just want me to hear the feedback and tally a vote for one-time pack purchases? Serious question.)

Let me put it back to you, if you are willing to volley a bit: If you were me, how would you charge for Flighty, with this context: Our data, server, and engineering costs are insane, let's call it $0.50 cents per flight (not true, but masking it from competitors). You can't say "decrease my costs" becuase I'm always trying to do that! How can I sell Flighty for $X up front for your entire life, while you fly 4-6 times per week?

I hope this isn't too frank. The volley back and forth I love.

I appreciate the detail and candor.
flightyryan likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 7:00 am

Programs: LH SEN
Two more suggestions @flightyryan

1) You should really extend one more month in the "Add new flight" calendar. It is August now and I bught some flights for next August. I cannot add them now as the last month I have as an option is July 2020. From my point of view, especially because when airplane tickets become available a year in advance - "Month/year - Month/year+1" should be the default, not "Month/year - Month-1/year+1"

2) While adding a new flight, in the screen below:

You have some screen real estate to add another option which would be "Date of My Last (Added) Flight" (it could be either last added or last as in the last on the list; btw "my last flight" doesn't sound so nice ).

My idea behind this suggestion is quite practical - I love the "Date of my next flight" option, but now when I was adding a couple of flights for the same day in May 2020, it would be great to not have to browse through months, but use the suggested option.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by lsquare
1. Maybe forgot is the wrong word. I didn't know what to expect and what I had to do prior to taking AC548. I think it might be best for some things to be turned on by default. I'll let you make the decision on that.

2. I think CX865 JFK-YVR have been a mess at least based on my experience so far and the statistics provided by Flighty. Have you looked into the flight? I took CX865 on July 5th and August 9th from JFK-YVR.

3. I don't know if it was correct because I don't have any other information to compare to. The funny thing is that it ultimately reverted to the original plane that was supposed to be used for the JFK-YVR flight. So CX changed the plane, but thought it was a bad idea and go back to the original plane? Flighty shows B777-300 changed to B777-300 ER, but I think it was originally a B777-300 ER. If so, it made a couple of decisions in a span of a couple of hours.

4. Yes, Flighty was late to notify me of the delayed departure while CX's notification via email and Google was correct. Why wasn't Flighty able to show the delayed departure much earlier?

I'm just going to copy and paste this into an email for you. I'm not sure why my User ID would be important in figuring out why Flighty didn't display the delayed departure sooner.

Thx for the help.
1/2/3. Flighty and our sources only show CX865 as assigned to a 777-300 ER. No one shows a change. At least now. I can easily image a scenario where our sources tell us the plane changed from a 777-300 ER to a 777-300 because they do dumb stuff like that all the time. We should build in protection against that, but that risks not showing a valid change then. So we'll have to balance it.

4. Boring answer: because CX does not share that data with any of our sources in an appropriate manner. Real answer: We're still going to make it better. Users don't care "why" they just want it fixed and that's what we are working on right now. It's frustrating because we work perfectly with all but 4 airlines. But if you have one experience with one of those 4, you think Flighty is not accurate across the board. As you should! So we have to have 99.99/100 accuracy in order to be perceived as accurate. 97.5/100 is not enough and that's where we are.

Not making excuses, and I knew this coming into it. Just sharing, since y'all are extra interested.

5. When you report an issue via the Flighty app, we get your UserID which is the only way to see what alerts we sent to that UserID. Secondarily, we get Diagnostics Logs, which show what you and the app where doing that lead up to any issues.

So when you have an issue, if you hit that "Report an Issue" button, we get the log data we need. If you wait 12+ hours to send it, or dont' send it via that means, we don't get useful logs and we can't do anything basically.

That is not your fault. It is made that way on purpose for privacy. Just sharing.

What's the point of calling it lifetime if it's going to be 3 years?
I did not say or mean to imply that we would sell you a lifetime membership that only vastest 3 years. That would be absurd and a scam. I said: When users do the math to see if they would prefer to buy an app for $79.99/yr or X lifetime cost... 3x is usually the benchmark they expect.

Then I said, people keep asking us for lifetime plans, but I suspect they would not actually want that. If I offered $79.99/year or $199 for lifetime, would any of you actually buy the lifetime? I doubt it. Which means people aren't actually asking for a lifetime plan, what they want is a lower price. SO, I wanted to check that assumption and see - would any of you actually buy lifetime at $199?

Originally Posted by BKft
Two more suggestions @flightyryan

1) You should really extend one more month in the "Add new flight" calendar. It is August now and I bught some flights for next August. I cannot add them now as the last month I have as an option is July 2020. From my point of view, especially because when airplane tickets become available a year in advance - "Month/year - Month/year+1" should be the default, not "Month/year - Month-1/year+1"

2) While adding a new flight, in the screen below:

You have some screen real estate to add another option which would be "Date of My Last (Added) Flight" (it could be either last added or last as in the last on the list; btw "my last flight" doesn't sound so nice ).

My idea behind this suggestion is quite practical - I love the "Date of my next flight" option, but now when I was adding a couple of flights for the same day in May 2020, it would be great to not have to browse through months, but use the suggested option.
Great ideas x2! Thank you!

We choose 365 days since it covers 99% of flights. In hindsight that is stupid, why not cover 100%?

Basically you want a "Recently Used" line in the dates. Makes total sense.

Did you notice our shortcut to "Return" flight on the first search page, pretty cool , doesn't solve this issue, just pointing out.

Last edited by TWA884; Aug 21, 2019 at 1:08 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member; please use the multi-quote function. Thank you.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

1/2/3. Flighty and our sources only show CX865 as assigned to a 777-300 ER. No one shows a change. At least now. I can easily image a scenario where our sources tell us the plane changed from a 777-300 ER to a 777-300 because they do dumb stuff like that all the time. We should build in protection against that, but that risks not showing a valid change then. So we'll have to balance it.

4. Boring answer: because CX does not share that data with any of our sources in an appropriate manner. Real answer: We're still going to make it better. Users don't care "why" they just want it fixed and that's what we are working on right now. It's frustrating because we work perfectly with all but 4 airlines. But if you have one experience with one of those 4, you think Flighty is not accurate across the board. As you should! So we have to have 99.99/100 accuracy in order to be perceived as accurate. 97.5/100 is not enough and that's where we are.

Not making excuses, and I knew this coming into it. Just sharing, since y'all are extra interested.

5. When you report an issue via the Flighty app, we get your UserID which is the only way to see what alerts we sent to that UserID. Secondarily, we get Diagnostics Logs, which show what you and the app where doing that lead up to any issues.

So when you have an issue, if you hit that "Report an Issue" button, we get the log data we need. If you wait 12+ hours to send it, or dont' send it via that means, we don't get useful logs and we can't do anything basically.

That is not your fault. It is made that way on purpose for privacy. Just sharing.

I did not say or mean to imply that we would sell you a lifetime membership that only vastest 3 years. That would be absurd and a scam. I said: When users do the math to see if they would prefer to buy an app for $79.99/yr or X lifetime cost... 3x is usually the benchmark they expect.

Then I said, people keep asking us for lifetime plans, but I suspect they would not actually want that. If I offered $79.99/year or $199 for lifetime, would any of you actually buy the lifetime? I doubt it. Which means people aren't actually asking for a lifetime plan, what they want is a lower price. SO, I wanted to check that assumption and see - would any of you actually buy lifetime at $199?
Hey Ryan, you must have been super busy the past week or so? I'm leaving for Tokyo soon and I'm going to put your app through another round of test. September is going to be crazier for me as I'll be flying every week so 4 trips in total.

Well, to be fair, your app just came out so I'm not about to throw Flighty under the bus. However, you did said what you said earlier about your faith in the app. I think it is important to know when a flight is delayed and it's a good thing I did signed up with CX for flight status updates. The CX gate at JFK T8 wasn't that close to Bobby Van's. I rather sit at the restaurant eating and browsing my phone comfortably rather than sit near the gate waiting for the delayed plane.

So what are you doing to minimize the chance of that happening again with CX? Mind sharing a little bit of info? Which 4 airlines are you referring to? This would be important for me going forward because I primarily fly AC and CX between Vancouver and New York. I might switch to Delta in the future once I achieve a higher status. I'll keep that in mind and the next time I encounter an issue, I'll send you the report immediately. Did you get the report from me via email?

I think you're right and the truth is that people want a lower price or essentially everything for free. You'll have to move on and ignore those customers. Obviously you'll need to pay your bills and make a living from this. I think what you're offering for free is good enough and if people want all of the features that your app provides, then they have to pay up. It's as simple as that. I'll tell you what and I'm not joking here, if Flighty is 99.99% accurate, if you truly provide lifetime updates and no non-sense about adding extra features that requires more money, then I would consider paying you $199. For now, I'll pay you that $50 once my trial ends so I can play with your app for a year. I truly hope you'll add new features and continue to improve the reliability of the app. Otherwise it'll be difficult for anyone to give you $50 let alone $199. I can't provide any examples right now, but I could have swear I read about certain apps supposedly selling lifetime status and then a few years later, introducing new in-app features with extra fee.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:18 pm

Hey Ryan, you must have been super busy the past week or so? I'm leaving for Tokyo soon and I'm going to put your app through another round of test. September is going to be crazier for me as I'll be flying every week so 4 trips in total.

Well, to be fair, your app just came out so I'm not about to throw Flighty under the bus. However, you did said what you said earlier about your faith in the app. I think it is important to know when a flight is delayed and it's a good thing I did signed up with CX for flight status updates. The CX gate at JFK T8 wasn't that close to Bobby Van's. I rather sit at the restaurant eating and browsing my phone comfortably rather than sit near the gate waiting for the delayed plane.

So what are you doing to minimize the chance of that happening again with CX? Mind sharing a little bit of info? Which 4 airlines are you referring to? This would be important for me going forward because I primarily fly AC and CX between Vancouver and New York. I might switch to Delta in the future once I achieve a higher status. I'll keep that in mind and the next time I encounter an issue, I'll send you the report immediately. Did you get the report from me via email?

I think you're right and the truth is that people want a lower price or essentially everything for free. You'll have to move on and ignore those customers. Obviously you'll need to pay your bills and make a living from this. I think what you're offering for free is good enough and if people want all of the features that your app provides, then they have to pay up. It's as simple as that. I'll tell you what and I'm not joking here, if Flighty is 99.99% accurate, if you truly provide lifetime updates and no non-sense about adding extra features that requires more money, then I would consider paying you $199. For now, I'll pay you that $50 once my trial ends so I can play with your app for a year. I truly hope you'll add new features and continue to improve the reliability of the app. Otherwise it'll be difficult for anyone to give you $50 let alone $199. I can't provide any examples right now, but I could have swear I read about certain apps supposedly selling lifetime status and then a few years later, introducing new in-app features with extra fee.

You have no idea. So so exhausted. Like, literal clinical probably, ha. I'm taking next week totally off, I just have to.

That is the goal and it will happen. Otherwise what are we doing. I sat and watched a sunset for an extra 2 hours because I knew for SURE my plane was going to be late because I could see the inbound was late and I watched the delays lengthen slowly. THAT is the holy grail and where we are going. You just sitting at Bobby Van's and not having to worry a hair, Flighty has your back completely. That is confidence user want and will pay for and we will deliver.

Here's what is going on: We launched <30 days ago, it took ~10 days to see the patterns in which data is not perfect, and then we immediately starting looking for other sources, negotiating, and testing. I can't publicly say what we learned, or what sources we will be using, and how we will do it, because that is a massive competitive advantage. Just imagine thought - it's not at all obvious what the root cause is, it could be an airline, an airport, a region, the user's settings, a one-off fluke, etc etc. So it takes a lot of reports from users to learn that CX could be better. And to be honest, it's the best of the worst - it works almost all the time, so your case is not normal and you should not think "Flighty sucks for CX". That is objectively not true. Again, not your concern, just sharing .

Bottom line: We need reports, via the app, that say exactly what happened, why you know Flighty was late, with times, and any other context like the airport been F'ed that day, or you having bad LTE, etc etc.

When we get those, we can narrow in on the root cause and then go solve it. Otherwise that's why we ask a million questions about the issue, to try to narrow in.

I did get your report. And I do appreciate it so much, for real. Super helpful and literally the ONLY way to know!

You nailed it. And I said the same thing above before reading this: It has to be 99.99% accurate. Just has to be. And it's possible and we will do it. I forget too that we only just launched and it's only been <30 days. Feels like 4 months ago! But we fix them permanently and so we are doing it right. Once we get the accuracy fixed, then we go back to new features, and yes, we have a long long very cool list of those .

Thanks for the support 🙏. And honest feedback. And for caring. Please keep reporting (at least via app plus here if you want) as much accuracy issues as you can notice and have time to help.
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold

Thanks for the support 🙏. And honest feedback. And for caring. Please keep reporting (at least via app plus here if you want) as much accuracy issues as you can notice and have time to help.
Will your reduced annual price still be available next week? I will plan to jump fully on board then.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Will your reduced annual price still be available next week? I will plan to jump fully on board then.
My trial won't be over then so let's hope Ryan keep the introductory pricing for just a little while longer. It would be better if he gives like a 30 day notice so that people are aware of it and then sign up for a trial to play with the app.
flightyryan likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You have no idea. So so exhausted. Like, literal clinical probably, ha. I'm taking next week totally off, I just have to.

That is the goal and it will happen. Otherwise what are we doing. I sat and watched a sunset for an extra 2 hours because I knew for SURE my plane was going to be late because I could see the inbound was late and I watched the delays lengthen slowly. THAT is the holy grail and where we are going. You just sitting at Bobby Van's and not having to worry a hair, Flighty has your back completely. That is confidence user want and will pay for and we will deliver.

Here's what is going on: We launched <30 days ago, it took ~10 days to see the patterns in which data is not perfect, and then we immediately starting looking for other sources, negotiating, and testing. I can't publicly say what we learned, or what sources we will be using, and how we will do it, because that is a massive competitive advantage. Just imagine thought - it's not at all obvious what the root cause is, it could be an airline, an airport, a region, the user's settings, a one-off fluke, etc etc. So it takes a lot of reports from users to learn that CX could be better. And to be honest, it's the best of the worst - it works almost all the time, so your case is not normal and you should not think "Flighty sucks for CX". That is objectively not true. Again, not your concern, just sharing .

Bottom line: We need reports, via the app, that say exactly what happened, why you know Flighty was late, with times, and any other context like the airport been F'ed that day, or you having bad LTE, etc etc.

When we get those, we can narrow in on the root cause and then go solve it. Otherwise that's why we ask a million questions about the issue, to try to narrow in.

I did get your report. And I do appreciate it so much, for real. Super helpful and literally the ONLY way to know!

You nailed it. And I said the same thing above before reading this: It has to be 99.99% accurate. Just has to be. And it's possible and we will do it. I forget too that we only just launched and it's only been <30 days. Feels like 4 months ago! But we fix them permanently and so we are doing it right. Once we get the accuracy fixed, then we go back to new features, and yes, we have a long long very cool list of those .

Thanks for the support ��. And honest feedback. And for caring. Please keep reporting (at least via app plus here if you want) as much accuracy issues as you can notice and have time to help.
Wow, I don't think I've ever seen a developer this committed to getting things right. Thank you. I understand that you can't reveal certain information for obvious reasons. I'm not planning to head back to New York until later in the year to spend time with friends and family. As you can probably guess/know, weather is a problem for New York in winter. Hopefully you'll make some sort of progress on that as I intend to fly CX865 again.

I know you're not going to provide specific details about Flighty's roadmap and I know you got a lot of things to address, but I do recalled that you said something about Flighty being a replacement for my.FlightRadar/FlightDiary. I would respectfully disagree on that point. It's not. I don't know how high this is on your priority list, but it would be great if I can add at the minimum, seats to my flight history. Is this very hard to implement? I don't work as a developer so I won't understand the difficulty in that. Just a thought and maybe a suggestion here. have you thought about adding as much features that FlightDiary/my.FlightRadar have to draw in as many users to use the app for free and then tempt them to upgrade to a subscription? Again, the design of the app is a major draw for me. I load up Flighty everyday even on days that I don't fly. How weird is that? I also go to my.FlightRadar everyday just to view all of the flights that I have taken.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 7:59 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Flying AS tomorrow. Was looking at the flight details and Flighty noted it was a 737-900, which it is. However, AS has both 737-900 and 737-900ERs. It would be nice to have the specific aircraft type.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 11:28 am

for you? Sure

Originally Posted by JHake10
Flying AS tomorrow. Was looking at the flight details and Flighty noted it was a 737-900, which it is. However, AS has both 737-900 and 737-900ERs. It would be nice to have the specific aircraft type.
Isnt it though? We would show 737-900ER if it was that, so its not.

If youre not seeing that LMK. If you have ideas to make that more clear LMK.
TWA884 likes this.

Last edited by TWA884; Aug 23, 2019 at 11:43 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member; please use the multi-quote function. Thank you.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.