Wiki Posts
Search

Flighty - A new Flight Tracking app for iOS

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2020, 10:17 am
Company Representative, Flighty App

Programs: flighty.com
Originally Posted by bryonbnm
Love this app. Am pro user. App is linked to TripIt. Missing segments in several trips in Flighty. Is there something I can do, other than manually adding missing segments, to sync?
Shoot us an email from Flighty > Settings > Help & Feedback > Report a Problem (because that sends diagnostics) and support can help you solve it today. Include notes about which ones are missing, and any similarities between them, or context for what happened. We’ll get you fixed up.

SO glad you love it!
Old Feb 8, 2020, 10:41 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E75, WS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, GHA Plat, UA Silver, SQ Silver
Originally Posted by flightyryan
Hey! Thanks! My candor gets me in trouble sometimes but oh well. Let me try to address your thoughts:

- I doubt we’ll do a discount anytime soon and we never have yet. People are obsessed with the app, things are going great, and we’re adding even more Pro / industry-first features this year... so to be honest... the price is more likely to go UP than down! (Not for current users) I really cant say yet though
- I think you are suggesting ~$30/yr for “choose any 100 days per year to be Pro”? That’s certainly new and creative so I love that. I’ll think on it. At first glance... it would crush our sales, be hard to build, and create user work/confusion but We’re working on a way to accommodate less frequent Pro’s, all ideas are welcome and I love wild ideas, I will actually think on this
- my guess is X/flying-days per year (X = 20?) for $Y/year (Y = $35?) would achieve the same results easier. As you can see though, unlimited for $50 is way better than that.
- Did you do the trial?
Thanks for the quick response. Appreciate that.

The UX looks great, I didn't partake in the trial yet as I have a Tripit Pro subscription at the moment which serves my needs.
I completely get that the app is awesome and you are adding a ton of industry new features BUT the question is are those features so critical to persuade a different set of clients to give you money?

I am 100% aligned to the fact that the app is a swiss army knife for anyone who travel for work regularly. I would had bought it myself at current price if i was at my earlier part of career where I fly at-least 5 times a month & it is consistent across the year. So 65C$ is a no brainer.

But at current situation, its hard to persuade me (or anyone similar) to dash out 65C$ or more because i don't (read can't) get full value.

FWIW, I contemplated a bit on TripIt Pro & they managed to get my business through a carefully crafted promotion. I was a free user for sometime - they initially provided me with a 2 month trial & i kinda loved it but still was vary of buying it at 50 USD / year. Very close to end of the 2 month trial - they provided (part of some black friday or whatever deal) a 2 year susbcription at 50 bucks. That was more than enough for me to pull the trigger

It all depends on how you plan to acquire new customers ! Corporate road warrior subset is finite, so if the business plans to expand to a much wider pro user base - there need to be something thats a bit more palatable
Old Apr 29, 2020, 8:58 pm

You’re correct - most our users place high value on their time and $50 is a no brainer, to spend less time in the airport and have the best intel.

While today we’re best for people like road warriors, flight nerds, app aficionados, and executives - over time we plan to bring the entry point down.

We’re going to start with an easier way for everyone to try Flighty, so that as travel ramps back up, everyone can try it for themselves risk-free. We’re pretty confident in our tech.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 9:02 pm

Oh, and we released instant TripIt syncing - any change in tripit is instantly push to flighty and you get an instant push notification containing the changes.

I know that’s critical for us that change flight plans frequently.
Old Jul 4, 2020, 9:40 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E75, WS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, GHA Plat, UA Silver, SQ Silver
Oh, and we released instant TripIt syncing - any change in tripit is instantly push to flighty and you get an instant push notification containing the changes.

I know that’s critical for us that change flight plans frequently.
came back to this thread as I am slowly resuming my travel plans. TripIt gave 3 months extension so it’s working well for now.

Is there a covid19 travel pause aligned promo for flighty ?

Even before I wasn’t sure at the pricing considering I am not a business traveler that flies out every other day. Now with covid - it’s not at all palatable considering the thin travel forecast.

was wondering, how do you see the market these days and any promo considering the market conditions ?
Old Mar 4, 2021, 1:15 pm

Programs: SQ, QR, CX, AA, UA
Is anyone still working at this app? Pro user. Not getting replies to email sent to [email protected]
Old Mar 4, 2021, 1:21 pm

Programs: Air Canada 50K - Hilton Diamond - Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by HariOm
Is anyone still working at this app? Pro user. Not getting replies to email sent to [email protected]
hopefully i really love Flighty. i also have got no reply to a email from a month back hopefully there just hibernating for now so they can survive and comeback once travel returns later in the year once people get vaccinated
Old Mar 4, 2021, 1:53 pm

Heck ya, we're not going anywhere!

We are heads down making cool new features. What's up? I only have 14 unread tickets right now, but reply to yours so I know it's you.
carlbob and BThumme like this.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 10:50 am

Programs: Air Canada 50K - Hilton Diamond - Marriott Platinum
Heck ya, we're not going anywhere!

We are heads down making cool new features. What's up? I only have 14 unread tickets right now, but reply to yours so I know it's you.
it was about some bad stats in the widget things like G-JOTR (1996) being the newest plane i have flown even though C-GJXY should be being a mid 2020 build
Old Aug 19, 2021, 1:11 pm

Looks like this was mis-filed by our support team - ack, sorry. Your email looks very detailed which is critical. I have a hunch what is causing this issue, but I just shot your an email reply to get more info.

👍
BThumme, Aselwyn and catlike like this.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 8:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta SM, Marriott Plat , Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, IHG Spire
Android?

I scanned this whole thread I swear and I saw you came from Apple so I'm guessing it's not in the works. But I have Android for my personal phone and Apple for my work phone and I'm leaving my current job and the only thing I'm sad about is possibly losing Flighty. Any chance you would do an Android version or a Mac version?
Old Sep 10, 2021, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by Dreamworks
I scanned this whole thread I swear and I saw you came from Apple so I'm guessing it's not in the works. But I have Android for my personal phone and Apple for my work phone and I'm leaving my current job and the only thing I'm sad about is possibly losing Flighty. Any chance you would do an Android version or a Mac version?
We have iPad and Mac right now! Android is further out, but it’s becoming a common enough request as we grow that we’ll be adding a waitlist soon. I’ll post it here.

Flighty v2.0 is coming this month!
BThumme likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 6:14 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
We have iPad and Mac right now! Android is further out, but it’s becoming a common enough request as we grow that we’ll be adding a waitlist soon. I’ll post it here.

Flighty v2.0 is coming this month!
Here is one more request for an Android version.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 9:41 am

Programs: A3*G, AS MVPG, UA, AA
Sadly the economics of developing for Android are quite grim as there’s tons of piracy and users tend to skew toward less spending. Plus development costs are higher due to having to support more different devices.

Just the realities of the market.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by lensovet
Sadly the economics of developing for Android are quite grim as there’s tons of piracy and users tend to skew toward less spending. Plus development costs are higher due to having to support more different devices.

Just the realities of the market.
Quite true. We expect 70/30 iPhone/android users and 80/20 revenue when we have it.

To make it economic, we must use revenue from the iPhone/iPad app and decrease development time by copying the iOS app, but in android’s language.

Ironically, Android depends solely on the success of iPhone/iPad. The faster those do better, the faster Android comes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.