Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

Historical Flight Data - delays, cancellations, registration/tail numbers, etc.

Historical Flight Data - delays, cancellations, registration/tail numbers, etc.

Old Mar 22, 2015, 3:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Another fan of Flightdiary (here's my diary), I've tracked flights going back to 2005 on there, the connection to TripIt is great - I forward a flight booking email to Tripit, it ends up in Flightdiary, and I then edit to add seat reservation etc.
DrStephen likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 5:07 am

Old flight stats

Hi guys,

I'm new at this forum. I went to a holiday, and my fight was delayed, both depature and arrival, and i looks its on every single flight, so i contacted the travel agency to hear them, but they dont respond, so right now i looking for proofs that indicate that Corendon Airlines delay they flights every single depature. The flight number is CAI 951 (XC951) and CAI 952 (XC952) from CPH Airport (Denmark) And the flight company is Corendon Airlines. I've searched from flightstats.com but the site can't find any thing on that airport from that airline. So right now i'm stuck. Can somebody help me, where i can look this up ? The primary schedules is from monday to monday the flight arrive. and the destination may be Antalya, Turkey OR Ercan Airport, Cyprus (The destination end at Ercan Airport)

Thank you very much!

Molino, Denmark

Last edited by MolinoDK; Jul 29, 2015 at 5:18 am
Old Jul 29, 2015, 7:36 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Free historical flight information publically available online will only go back a week or so. If you want to go further back you'd need to pay.

From the available data from the past week, it does not look like the flights were delayed.

https://uk.flightaware.com/live/flight/CAI952
http://uk.flightaware.com/live/flight/CAI951

http://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/xc952/
http://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/xc951/

There is no reason why an airline would always intentionally delay the departure/arrival of their aircraft. More likely the aircraft used for these services have high utilisation and so can have knock-on delays.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 1:21 pm

Flight History Data

How would I get the past flight number and flight arrival and departure times for a Delta flight I took in December of 2014 from NYC to London? Is there a simple tool that would have this information?
Old Sep 2, 2015, 10:22 pm

FlightStats's Historical Flight Status page will give you that information. You'll need to sign-up for a free account to access the search interface.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 1:10 am

Did you credit the miles to any frequent flier programs?
Old Jan 11, 2016, 4:06 am

Where to get flight data?

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone here knows where and how can I get access to real-time flight schedules and data?
In particular I'm looking for:
- flight schedules (worldwide)
- historical data (about 3yrs back)
- delays and reasons for delays

I am aware of the existence of KVS tool, but does anyone have any feedback?

Thanks!
Old Jan 18, 2016, 9:50 pm

Programs: AS 75KG, UA G, SPG P75, HH G
flightstats and flightaware both have decent APIs (paid), just not sure about historical data...
Old Jan 18, 2016, 10:57 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, KE Morning Calm, AA Gold
For historical data within the US dating back to 1995, I recommend using http://apps.bts.gov/xml/ontimesummar.../src/index.xml

Data for all major US airlines as well as some regionals are included. The detailed statistics offer lots of information if that's what you're looking for.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 11:01 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Historical flight arrival data

Hi,

I am looking for a website or source which has historical flight arrival time data. Flightradar24 seems to only have the last 10 or so data sets for a given flight number. Does the premium allow you to see further back (months or years)? Or another website entirely.

Any advice much appreciated, thanks
Old Jan 29, 2016, 11:38 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Wing0A
Hi,

I am looking for a website or source which has historical flight arrival time data.

<snip>

Any advice much appreciated, thanks
I merged your question into an existing thread on this subject.

TWA884

Last edited by TWA884; Feb 13, 2017 at 8:29 am Reason: Update after thread consolidation
Old Jan 30, 2016, 4:22 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Many thanks
Old Apr 2, 2016, 4:59 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Josh1780
For historical data within the US dating back to 1995, I recommend using http://apps.bts.gov/xml/ontimesummar.../src/index.xml

Data for all major US airlines as well as some regionals are included. The detailed statistics offer lots of information if that's what you're looking for.
Using this link I was able to find historical data for domestic flights, but curiously not data for US-Intl flight on US carriers. Is this available?
Old Jun 28, 2016, 7:52 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
FlightAware history

Sorry to bump this, but how far back can flightaware.com go without fee? How far back can KVS go with diamond?

Is there a way to get fin/tail numbers as well?

Edit: This was in response to being able to look up prior flight data, like scheduled times, actual times, etc

Last edited by DrunkCargo; Jun 28, 2016 at 8:56 pm
Old Jul 3, 2016, 11:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium, TAP Gold
I am using Airhelp, and they are charging me a 100 fee.

Anyone know of similar services that charge less?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.