Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

Historical Flight Data - delays, cancellations, registration/tail numbers, etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Historical Flight Data - delays, cancellations, registration/tail numbers, etc.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2017, 4:18 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
@slapshot36227,

I've merged your question into an existing discussion of this topic. Please check upthread for websites and tools that should help you find the tail numbers for your flights.

TWA884
Travel Tools moderator
Old Apr 8, 2017, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer
Have you tried something like FlightRadar24.com / FlightStats / FlightAware? They typically have a log of flights and tail numbers that operated them. BTW, I moved this over to 'Travel Tools' since it this question is more appropriate for that thread.
Thanks for moving this to the proper forum. Unfortunately those three options all cost money, the cheapest of which seems to be FlightStats for $24.99. I had heard of people using ACARS but I'm not sure if it still keeps track of data, I could never get any results.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 3:25 pm

Newbie, please be patient

I am looking for the actual departure time of Norwegian air flight DY7147 from Gatwick (LGW) on October 9, 2016. Scheduled time was 16:50
I've tried my best but cannot find this info.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 3:49 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by donkeyman1
I am looking for the actual departure time of Norwegian air flight DY7147 from Gatwick (LGW) on October 9, 2016. Scheduled time was 16:50
I've tried my best but cannot find this info.
Looks like 1713. Arrived 23 minutes late. http://uk.flightaware.com/live/fligh...550Z/EGKK/KBOS
Is this what you're looking for?
Old Apr 12, 2017, 3:59 pm

Wow. Thank you for responding. AM looking for the time flight DY7147 left the gate.
Flight DY7147 was scheduled to leave the gate at 16:50 and that is when Norwegian states it left according to their records.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 4:12 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Wow. Thank you for responding. AM looking for the time flight DY7147 left the gate.
Flight DY7147 was scheduled to leave the gate at 16:50 and that is when Norwegian states it left according to their records.
From flightaware's FAQs:
Why do the departure and arrival times on a scheduled airline differ from the information on the airline's web site?

Airlines generally display the times that the aircraft departs and arrives from a gate. When available, FlightAware also displays these times for airline flights. However, when these times are not available, FlightAware will display the time that an aircraft takes off from and lands on the runway. At large airports or in various circumstances, there can be a significant difference in gate and runway times due to long taxi times and other delays on the ground.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 4:19 pm

Thank you. I find it odd that Norwegian states the plane left exactly at the scheduled departure time when the average delay is 20-40 minutes.
When there is a descrepancy, what does teh US or UK govs. use as the truth? Airline or flightaware?
Old Apr 12, 2017, 4:21 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
If you click on either the Speed or Altitude graph on the right, it gives more detail. It says:
Left Gate (LGW) @ Sunday 17:13:00 BST
Sun 12:13:43 Departure (LGW) @ Sunday 17:13:43 BST

Not sure how accurate that is as per the above post. Maybe if you tell us what it is you are looking for, we can help better. Are you thinking it left later than that? If so, I doubt it. Just because a flight has an average delay of 20-40-ish minutes doesn't mean it always departs late. Sometimes flights do actually leave on time.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 4:33 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Flightaware isn't showing the gate departure time for this flight. You can verify this by looking at the Altitude graph. The "left gate" and "departure" times are listed as 17:13:00 and 17:13:43, leaving no time for the lengthy taxi to the runway.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 6:09 pm

I've moved this thread to 'Travel Tools' due to the nature of the OP's question.....
Old Apr 12, 2017, 6:44 pm

My wife and daughter were denied boarding. Their flight to Gatwick was late. They had their seat assignment (paid extra) but no boarding pass. Norwegian's boarding website is hit/miss. So they were unable to get boarding passes online.
They were two minutes late for the one hour departure or, if using the 45 minute departure, they were on time. The Norwegian carriage rules are not clear or specific. Longer story.
Anyway, Norwegian would not board them. Would not help them. Offered nothing. Were very rude and nasty. They experienced the bad attitude when they left Boston.
Norwegian states the plane left on time. 16:50. They have sent a confusing statement with this time.
So I'm trying to find out exactly when the flight left. Norwegian isn't the determiner of times, the government is.
So I need to know the gate departure time.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 6:53 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer
I've moved this thread to 'Travel Tools' due to the nature of the OP's question.....
Where I have merged it into the Historical Flight Data thread.

TWA884
Travel Tools Moderator
Old Apr 12, 2017, 7:01 pm

Norwegian states the plane left on time. 16:50. They have sent a confusing statement with this time.
So I'm trying to find out exactly when the flight left. Norwegian isn't the determiner of times, the government is.
Did you read Finkface' post above?
Originally Posted by Finkface
If you click on either the Speed or Altitude graph on the right, it gives more detail. It says:
Left Gate (LGW) @ Sunday 17:13:00 BST
Sun 12:13:43 Departure (LGW) @ Sunday 17:13:43 BST
FlightStats Professional Subscription includes both gate and runway times information. I have no idea as to what it costs.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 8:23 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
My wife and daughter were denied boarding. Their flight to Gatwick was late. They had their seat assignment (paid extra) but no boarding pass. Norwegian's boarding website is hit/miss. So they were unable to get boarding passes online.
They were two minutes late for the one hour departure or, if using the 45 minute departure, they were on time. The Norwegian carriage rules are not clear or specific. Longer story.
Anyway, Norwegian would not board them. Would not help them. Offered nothing. Were very rude and nasty. They experienced the bad attitude when they left Boston.
Let me try and understand what you are saying...

Your wife and daughter flew into LGW and then planned to take another flight on Norwegian, right? The first flight was late, causing them to arrive late to the Norwegian gate, where they were denied boarding.

If that is correct, then you will likely not have any recourse here. The first mistake was booking separate flights. Consider what would have happened had the first flight been cancelled. Then you would be a no-show for your Norwegian flight and that entire ticket would be cancelled.

The second issue is that the actual time the aircraft left the gate is not relevant to your attempt at recourse. The gate closes a certain time before departure (I don't know what that is with Norwegian at LGW). Passengers that are not there by this time are typically denied boarding, even if the aircraft sits at the gate for another hour. There are a number of reasons for this, many due to being fully ready when ATC gives the ok to leave the gate for the departure slot.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 8:54 am

Exclamation Moderator's Note: Please let's get back on topic

This forum is for discussing travel tools. This particular thread is about tools that help you find historical flight data, such as tail numbers and gate and runway departure times.

It is not about the wisdom of booking separate tickets for travel itineraries or airlines' check-in cut off policies and practices. Such discussion belongs in TravelBuzz or in the various airlines forums.
FlyerTalk Rule 5:
Stay On Topic

FlyerTalk exists for the discussion of frequent flyer programs and the related travel experience. With the exception of the few areas specifically designated for the discussion of other topics, confine your comments as closely as possible to these topic areas and to the topic of the thread and forum in which you are posting.
Please confine your remarks to the topic of this forum and this thread.

Future off topic remarks will be summarily deleted without further warnings.

Thank you for understanding.

TWA884
Travel Tools moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.