Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

Historical Flight Data [delays, cancellations, etc., consolidated thread]

Historical Flight Data [delays, cancellations, etc., consolidated thread]

Old Jul 28, 19, 4:38 am

Programs: BAEC
Departure and Landing times for EZY 8359, on 20th August 2017

Hi folks,

Could anybody help me with the timings for flight EZY8359 from LGQ to NCE on the 20th of August 2017?

Pursuing a very tardy EU261 claim, and recall landing very late, but would like all the facts before pushing Easyjet.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by ZippyK; Jul 28, 19 at 4:45 am
Old Jul 28, 19, 6:31 pm

Programs: *A, ST, OZ, DL, BA, AS, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
I'm so glad I found this thread. So I took the time to start the process of sifting through all of the documents from my travels over the years. I found a bunch of boarding passes for flights that I have taken, but I don't remember taking them at all. I'm actually punching myself for not documenting this sooner as some of the boarding passes are now fading. I quickly took pictures of them. So all I have are the month and day, but not year. I have flight numbers and other information on the boarding pass, but it's going to be hard to nail down the year. You guys got tips on what to do?

Also, anyone here have experience archiving documents? I'm actually thinking of putting them into a document scanner and then OCR them.
Old Jul 30, 19, 2:48 pm

Programs: LH FTL; A3*Gold
Originally Posted by msglsmo View Post
Back in 1987, I participate in a trip with my high school to Europe. I recently came across the flight reservations and paper boarding passes/jacket. Can anyone help me track down the planes and tail numbers?

01July NW1039 MCI-MEM
01July NW1630 MEM-JFK
01July PA102 JFK-LHR (this was a 747, but not sure of the variant)
23July PA157 MAD-JFK (Ibera metal / also a 747)
23July NW1687 (or NW31) JFK-MEM
23July NW428 (or NW982) MEM-MCI

Thanks for your help in advance. Looking at the souvenirs, NW, PA and IB boarding passes have been fun.
I hate to tell you: your chances of finding any information on flights from the 1980s are next to none. Old timetables may have aircraft type but tail number - no chance. Unless someone who kept a log happened to be on the same flight. Good luck!
Old Jul 30, 19, 2:53 pm

Programs: LH FTL; A3*Gold
Originally Posted by nearlysober View Post
It's possible the first few months of the DB are spotty, even with flightstats. I have extra searches left this month if you want to post some examples I can tell you what records they have.

As for reliable international data pre-dating 2006, I haven't really found any good sources as I only have 1 international flight before then, a 2003 flight from YVR to HNL, but I haven't found anything covering North America back that far.
Do they (flightstats) cover European flights? How much do they charge? Thanks
Old Jul 30, 19, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by AVSA View Post

I hate to tell you: your chances of finding any information on flights from the 1980s are next to none. Old timetables may have aircraft type but tail number - no chance. Unless someone who kept a log happened to be on the same flight. Good luck!
I knew it would be a long shot, but thought it was worth the effort. Regardless, it was fun reviewing the boarding passes and other documentation and souvenirs from the trip.
Old Aug 23, 19, 11:20 am

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if someone could help me with getting the flight information from a Lufthansa flight from MUC - WRO on April 10th, 2018? I was originally scheduled on the 11:30 am MUC - WRO flight LH1630, but that flight was cancelled. I was then placed on the next available flight sometime in the afternoon. I am looking for flight numbers and departure-arrival times for that next flight. I misplaced the boarding passes and don't have confirmation. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks so much.
Old Aug 23, 19, 11:59 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Deleted - nevermind posting an excel table doesn't keep the formatting.
Old Sep 6, 19, 11:56 am

Hello! I wonder if someone could help me finding flight information from a Ethiopian Airlines flight ET506 from ADD to GRU on July 4th, 2015. The flight was delayed for more than 3 hours, and I need that info for a legal claim. Thank you very much for you help!
Old Sep 6, 19, 3:34 pm

I can never seem to attach images on these forums, but here's the data:

ET506 ADD to GRU 04-JUL-2015

Scheduled Departure: 08:45 EAT
Actual Departure: 12:24 EAT
Scheduled Arrival: 14:45 BRT
Actual Arrival: 19:03 BRT

Departure Delay = 3hr 39min
Arrival Delay = 4hr 18min
Old Sep 11, 19, 7:56 am

Programs: BA Exec Club: Silver HHons:Gold FB:Ivory Accor:Plat Hertz: PC USA:GlobalEntry
Could someone help with reason for delay to EZY6497 on 10th Sept

My sister (who rarely travels by air) was delayed by approx 4 hours last night (10th Sept 2019) on EZY6497 NCL-MLA.
Anyone with ExpertFlyer access could advise reason for delay please?
Thanks.
Old Sep 11, 19, 1:14 pm

I did find the flight on EF and can confirm it was delayed there, but I don't know how to find the delay reason - still fairly new to EF.

However I did pull it up on flightstats and based on the log there, it looks like they did an equipment swap several hours after the scheduled departure time. That would suggest a possible mechanical issue or severely delayed inbound aircraft. Unfortunately it doesn't show me the original tail # so I can't find any details about what was going on with that plane.
Old Sep 11, 19, 4:13 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club: Silver HHons:Gold FB:Ivory Accor:Plat Hertz: PC USA:GlobalEntry
Noticed EasyJet stated:
"plane was delayed on an earlier flight it operated due to air traffic control restrictions. We’re working to minimise this delay where possible. The disruption is beyond our control and is considered an extraordinary circumstance."

Anyone know what air traffic restrictions occured?
Old Sep 12, 19, 11:09 am

Icelandic Air

Can anyone tell me the reason for delay on July 23 of Iceland Air flight 450 from Reykjavic to London? Also, what was the new time for departure?
Old Sep 15, 19, 8:50 am

Does anyone have data on a Monarch Airlines (ZB) flight from Gatwick to Almeria on 30th October 1997 and back on 06th November 1997? Flight number or plane?
Thanks
Old Sep 15, 19, 9:10 am

Programs: Lifemiles Diamond, AA Gold
Greetings everyone! I'm very happy I found this thread.

Can anyone point me to a tool where I can find which 767-200 from EuroAtlantic took the GRU-JFK route on the morning of the 7th of July 2006 for Varig?

VARIG was about to fail when I took this flight, there was an awful lot of uncertainty wether it would be canceled and everyone knew it was a matter of days before they stopped flying, so much that the ticketing agent got me and my family to come back on United Airlines, so we flew: GRU-JFK(RG)-JFK-LAX(UA)-LAX-ORD(UA)-ORD-GRU(UA). I'd really like to know more about this somewhat historical experience I've had.

Search this Thread