Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

Historical Flight Data - delays, cancellations, registration/tail numbers, etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Historical Flight Data - delays, cancellations, registration/tail numbers, etc.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2019, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by martacfaustino
FR1883 from Lisbon to London Stansted on 3/04/2018 at 20:55
You need a proper data subscription to look up the details of flights so far in the past. Perhaps someone here has it and will be able to provide you the information you asked for.

In any case, this will always be an uphill battle and most likely not worth your time and legal fees. Just my 2 cents.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 12:39 pm

Programs: BAEC and Hilton mostly
Originally Posted by Alice_G
Hello,

I've never posted here before but as I'm in need of help I thought this would be a good place to ask. My flight with Ryanair on the 15th of December, 2018 (Ryanair Flight 338), scheduled to leave at 2:45pm - was cancelled. I've been emailing them to ask for the compensation I'm due as I was charged an astronomical amount for a new flight despite being told I wouldn't, however they're stating my flight wasn't cancelled it was merely delayed. I know for a fact it wasn't, as when I tried to check in on the app the day before it clearly stated in bold red letters the flight was cancelled and directed me to a page for either refunding or to get on a new flight free of charge.

I was hoping anyone would be able to track down information on that flight so I could get proof on this. I've tried myself to no avail. As you can imagine this is very frustrating and would appreciate any help asap.

Thank you kindly,
Alice
FR24 shows the following for FR338 -
DATE FROM TO AIRCRAFT FLIGHT TIME STD ATD STA STATUS
15 Dec 2018 London (LTN) Dublin (DUB) B738 (EI-DHP) 1:00 14:15 15:05 15:35 Landed 16:05
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/f...fr338#1ee0e9f6

Originally Posted by martacfaustino
Hi,

I had Ryanair cancel me a flight very last minute back in April 2018 and couldn't rebook me for 2 days, so I had to purchase another flight out of my pocket.
Because it was caused by Eurocontrol ATC system failure, I wasn't entitled to EU261 compensation, Ryanair didn't pay the alternative flight I booked because I could've chosen Ryanair (failing to say it was not offering flights in the same day or day after), and wouldn't write me a letter so I couldn't claim insurance on it.

I kind of let it go after chasing for a couple of months when I reached a dead end.
I was recently speaking to a friend which encourage me to file a proper complaint if I could find that other flights were leaving in the same time or that there was no availability in the next day.

I can't find this info... Can someone help?

flight FR1883 from Lisbon to London Stansted on 3/04/2018 at 20:55
Thanks,

Marta
Sorry, too far back for me to search departures from LIS, but they ran FR1883 on the next day (4th April) if that helps.

Last edited by TWA884; Jul 10, 2019 at 8:07 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member; please use the multi-quote function. Thank you.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 4:15 pm

Programs: Amex, FPC, IHG Ambassador, Aeroplan,BA
Help finding data on AC8350 January 15

Would anyone be able to find departure/arrival time for Air Canada 8350 YVR-YYF? I have been looking but can only find it with full subscription... TIA!
Old Feb 17, 2019, 10:44 am

Programs: BAEC and Hilton mostly
Originally Posted by Pointshigh
Would anyone be able to find departure/arrival time for Air Canada 8350 YVR-YYF? I have been looking but can only find it with full subscription... TIA!
FR24 shows the following:
15 Jan 2019 Vancouver (YVR) Penticton (YYF) DH8D (C-GGNZ) 0:36 08:50 09:18 09:45 Landed 09:54
Old Feb 18, 2019, 8:17 am

Programs: Amex, FPC, IHG Ambassador, Aeroplan,BA
Originally Posted by Tocsin
FR24 shows the following:
15 Jan 2019 Vancouver (YVR) Penticton (YYF) DH8D (C-GGNZ) 0:36 08:50 09:18 09:45 Landed 09:54
Thank you!
Old Mar 9, 2019, 2:29 pm

Hi,

Could someone please check the flight: Vietnam Airlines VN0055, October 31st 2014, please.

Thanks
Old Mar 11, 2019, 8:20 am

Easyjet

Hi all,

Really glad I found this thread. I travelled to Krakow from London in December 2016 and our flight was around five hours delayed which was awful with two children. I have limited info as it was quite a while ago, but would be grateful if someone could help with this.

Easyjet Flight to Gatwick was due to depart on 21 December 2016 at 13.15. Flight number EZY8512. I know we had to be transported to another airport in Poland to finally get on our flight home. I hope this is enough to go on. My booking reference was ER4KJHM.

Many thanks in advance!

Last edited by Abster38; Mar 11, 2019 at 8:26 am
Old Mar 28, 2019, 8:46 am

Historical fligt data

Hi everyone,

I’m trying to find out if I qualify for a claim for a delayed flight from Europe a little over 2 yrs ago! I can’t remember how long the delay way... I tried flightstats but it looks like I need to pay $24.99 for a professional subscription... anybody know if I can get the info somewhere else? I tried flightradar24 with a free trial but in only goes back 2 yrs :-/

SK935 CPH-SFO 2/21/17

Thanks!

Last edited by Angelica Sanchez; Mar 28, 2019 at 9:34 am
Old Apr 4, 2019, 5:01 am

BA64 NBO-LHR 2016-10-26 delay?

Hello, I wonder if someone could kindly help. I am trying to find out how long the delay on British Airways flight BA64, origin Nairobi destination London was for the flight on Wednesday 26 October 2016... quite a while ago!
Old Apr 15, 2019, 6:01 am

Norwegian air

Originally Posted by donkeyman1
Wow. Thank you for responding. AM looking for the time flight DY7147 left the gate.
Flight DY7147 was scheduled to leave the gate at 16:50 and that is when Norwegian states it left according to their records.
I'm also trying to find out about a flight delay with norwegian from London Gatwick to palma majorca on 4th June 2016, should have departed 18.15. Flight number D82424 can't seem to find anything anywhere
Old Apr 18, 2019, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by AVSA
I have just discovered that you don't need an app - you can look up aircraft registrations (back to April 2011) also on the website:

1. Go to www.planefinder.net
2. Move the map to the place in the world where your aircraft landed or departed from.
3. Select Map on top and then Playback.
4. Select the date of your flight.
5. Select the time (you need to adjust it as the time selection is done in the local time and playback is in UTC)
6. Start playback.
7. In the search box specify your flight number (e.g. LH1234).
8. Your flight (aircraft) will be shown in red and the label will show the registration (among other things). If you click on the aircraft, a window will open with even more information.

Hope that works for you.

Thanks for the link to the Acars website - I am familiar with it.
Thanks a lot about this, but unfortunately this method is not working anymore.
I don't need information on compensation for delayed flights, but I just want to fill in my diary the information for my flights with the tail number of the aircraft I flew with.
With this method, I was able to find many of the missing data, but there were more flights left, and the method, mentioned above - with planefinder is no longer working.
Any other ideas on how to find the tail numbers for flights from the past 2-3 years?
Old May 4, 2019, 4:49 pm

I'm looking to fly on SK1749 with a separate connection the following day and one thing that gives me hesitation is that looking on flightstats, it shows that there have been 2 cancellations (https://www.flightstats.com/v2/fligh...ng/SK/1749/TLL) between Feb 15 and Apr 15. I was curious how accurate the flightstats cancellation stat is and perhaps even better, why those flights were cancelled? I've been comparing data from flightera and flightaware for the same time frame and I can't find any flights that were labelled as cancelled, but there were certainly scheduled flights that didn't show up on the list.
Old May 5, 2019, 2:48 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by yokuyuki
I'm looking to fly on SK1749 with a separate connection the following day and one thing that gives me hesitation is that looking on flightstats, it shows that there have been 2 cancellations (https://www.flightstats.com/v2/fligh...ng/SK/1749/TLL) between Feb 15 and Apr 15. I was curious how accurate the flightstats cancellation stat is and perhaps even better, why those flights were cancelled? I've been comparing data from flightera and flightaware for the same time frame and I can't find any flights that were labelled as cancelled, but there were certainly scheduled flights that didn't show up on the list.
With separate tickets you don't have a connection, you just have two flights. Also, historical data are not really that useful; there can always be a delay or cancellation caused by weather or mechanical issues. You need to decide for yourself how risk-tolerant you are.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 10:10 am

Programs: Aeroplan, NEXUS
Hi All. I am trying to find information on AC7308 from IND to YYZ on 2017-08-22. To my understanding, this flight was cancelled, but I'm not sure if it was replaced with another flight as I would get IDB compensation.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 8:05 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Moderator's Action

Discussion of how to use the ACARS search site was moved to its own thread:
TWA884

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.