Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

Historical Flight Data - delays, cancellations, registration/tail numbers, etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Historical Flight Data - delays, cancellations, registration/tail numbers, etc.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2018, 3:29 am

Programs: LH FTL; A3*Gold
Joe,
Welcome to FlyerTalk. You haven't stated the flight number (that always helps) but I guess you were on BY2658 (TUI). According to FlightRadar 24 BY2658 left MAN at 19:52 and arrived RHO at 01:32 (the following day). The scheduled arrival is 23:00, so the landing was 2 hours 32 minutes late. Unless you had to wait for 28 minutes for the doors to be opened your delay was under 3 hours.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by AVSA
Joe,
Welcome to FlyerTalk. You haven't stated the flight number (that always helps) but I guess you were on BY2658 (TUI). According to FlightRadar 24 BY2658 left MAN at 19:52 and arrived RHO at 01:32 (the following day). The scheduled arrival is 23:00, so the landing was 2 hours 32 minutes late. Unless you had to wait for 28 minutes for the doors to be opened your delay was under 3 hours.
thanks for the info. yes that is the correct flight number. That seems like it will be unlikely they will give anything purely for the flight. However, due to a nightmare with baggage, even thought we landed at 0132, we did not leave the airport on our transfer until 4am. Nightmare!
Old Aug 16, 2018, 11:32 am

Programs: amex plat, aa explat, ic ra, avis first, omni select guest platinum
thanks!
Old Aug 21, 2018, 1:51 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Could somebody please find out the Registration of flight LH 5785 (ZRH-MUC) and LH2668 (MUC-AGP) on the 01.01.2018?
I'd be very greatful!
Old Aug 21, 2018, 10:08 am

Programs: BAEC and Hilton mostly
LH5785 (LX1104) reg was HB-JVF, an F100
Couldn't find LH2668...
Old Aug 21, 2018, 2:46 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by Tocsin
Couldn't find LH2668...
Thanks a lot!
Yeah, I couldn‘t find it myself either... I‘m 100% certain this is the right FN and i can fond the flight info, just not the reg of the AC.

I wonder if we could fond it by checking the return flight?
Old Aug 23, 2018, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by Tocsin
Couldn't find LH2668...
Looks like LH2668 was flown by D-AIZM, an A320.
Tocsin likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 2:35 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by AVSA
I have just discovered that you don't need an app - you can look up aircraft registrations (back to April 2011) also on the website:

1. Go to www.planefinder.net
2. Move the map to the place in the world where your aircraft landed or departed from.
3. Select Map on top and then Playback.
4. Select the date of your flight.
5. Select the time (you need to adjust it as the time selection is done in the local time and playback is in UTC)
6. Start playback.
7. In the search box specify your flight number (e.g. LH1234).
8. Your flight (aircraft) will be shown in red and the label will show the registration (among other things). If you click on the aircraft, a window will open with even more information.

Hope that works for you.

Thanks for the link to the Acars website - I am familiar with it.
AVSA, you are awesome! Your method worked like a charm for me! I successfully located the tail number for a TG A380 flight I took several years ago.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 7:49 pm

How do I get proof of 13 hr LH delay, online details are wrong?

Our flight LH572 was scheduled to depart FRA for JNB on the evening of 21 August 2018 at 22:05 pm. It was delayed 13+ hours due to mechanical issues, and eventually left the next day at appx 12 noon.

​​​​​HOWEVER, FlightAware is showing the flight 21 August LH572 left "on-time" on 22 August, mid-day, which is not correct. I mean, it is true the delayed and then rescheduled flight left on-time as rescheduled, but the original flight certainly did not leave on-time. Is there another source I can utilize with historical data that shows the 21 August flight was actually delayed?

Several FlyerTalkers as well as the EUClaim.com company have told me I "must be wrong" because when they refer to FlightAware it says my flight LH572 left on-time. Well, it did leave on-time---13 hours later! Ticks me off just a tad to be told my memory is faulty, like a delay this lengthy is something I might not remember.

Last edited by elizadoo; Aug 31, 2018 at 7:57 pm
Old Sep 2, 2018, 12:40 pm

Programs: BAEC and Hilton mostly
FR24 shows scheduled departure 22:05, actual departure 12:39, landing status unknown. I've snipped this and the following day to a .jpg (sorry about the size!) - suggest that they look at FR24?
Old Sep 2, 2018, 12:51 pm

Programs: LH FTL; A3*Gold
Originally Posted by elizadoo
Our flight LH572 was scheduled to depart FRA for JNB on the evening of 21 August 2018 at 22:05 pm. It was delayed 13+ hours due to mechanical issues, and eventually left the next day at appx 12 noon.

​​​​​HOWEVER, FlightAware is showing the flight 21 August LH572 left "on-time" on 22 August, mid-day, which is not correct. I mean, it is true the delayed and then rescheduled flight left on-time as rescheduled, but the original flight certainly did not leave on-time. Is there another source I can utilize with historical data that shows the 21 August flight was actually delayed?

Several FlyerTalkers as well as the EUClaim.com company have told me I "must be wrong" because when they refer to FlightAware it says my flight LH572 left on-time. Well, it did leave on-time---13 hours later! Ticks me off just a tad to be told my memory is faulty, like a delay this lengthy is something I might not remember.
You should be comparing the advertised arrival time (per your reservation) with the actual arrival time.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 10:56 pm

I'm not sure what the best tool would be for this scenario?

Currently in discussions with Austrian re OS71 on 22 July. Flight was cancelled approximately 12 hours prior to scheduled departure and subsequent route (with connections) resulted in 6 hour delay. They are surprisingly claiming bird-strike on a prior flight which seems odd given how far in advance it was cancelled, at their hub etc.

Is there a tool that could get me the tail number of the aircraft originally scheduled for OS71 on 22 July so I can identify the flight immediately before and after?

I'm happy to pay a small amount to subscribe to a tool if needed.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 8:39 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by timothytimnz
Is there a tool that could get me the tail number of the aircraft originally scheduled for OS71 on 22 July so I can identify the flight immediately before and after?
Old Sep 12, 2018, 6:09 pm

Dear all,

New user here. I recently found out that I could be eligible for compensation under EU261/2004 for a delayed flight. Unfortunately, the flight in question dates back to April 2015, so I don't have free access to historical data. Would anyone be able to check how long it was delayed please?

1) Flight details:
Destination: BLQ - OPO
Airline: Ryanair
Flight number: FR4597
Date: 9 April 2015
Scheduled time of departure: 16:05
Scheduled time of arrival: 18:00

2) Information requested:
Actual time of arrival

Thank you in advance for your help
Old Sep 14, 2018, 1:04 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by timothytimnz
I'm not sure what the best tool would be for this scenario?

Currently in discussions with Austrian re OS71 on 22 July. Flight was cancelled approximately 12 hours prior to scheduled departure and subsequent route (with connections) resulted in 6 hour delay. They are surprisingly claiming bird-strike on a prior flight which seems odd given how far in advance it was cancelled, at their hub etc.

I'm happy to pay a small amount to subscribe to a tool if needed.
There is really no tool that is going to give you the real reason for a cancellation. There are many operational permutations that you obviously will never know, so doing amateur research to try and convince an airline that their statement is false is almost pointless. Perhaps the birdstrike knocked out an aircraft that was scheduled to fly that service and no others were available? Perhaps they tried to substitute a different aircraft the was then rerouted. Who knows. If you feel that OS is wrong then you can take it to a claims agency or go the small claims way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.