Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

OnTheFly ITA Matrix App Gone?

Old Jun 9, 2017, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
ITA OnTheFly No Longer Available;
Existing Installations Will Cease Working 31 Dec 2017

Google purchased ITA, and chose to drop OnTheFly. Some functions are failing already, and Google / ITA is no longer supporting the app.

Note for users of OnTheFly:

ITA Software's mobile flight-search app OnTheFly is no longer available and existing installations will no longer work after December 2017. You can still search for flights using ITA's technology here on Matrix. Or try Google Flights on mobile to find the best fares wherever you are.
Originally Posted by sokolov
In the Google forum, ITA Support has replied:

"I am sorry, but we don't have anybody working on OnTheFly anymore. The problems you are experiencing are most likely caused by changes made to other systems that OnTheFly is relying on." <snip>
rt1flea has posted a possible interim workaround to download OnTheFly again if you have had it installed on your iPhone previously in post #15.

Thanks to codyc1515, davedeboston, innesst, rt1flea and sokolov.

Updated 09 Jun 2017 by JDiver
Print Wikipost

OnTheFly ITA Matrix App Gone?

Old Sep 23, 2017, 10:23 am

Programs: UA MM Gold, AA Ex Plat, SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by drewguy
Just a reminder that the just released iOS 11 will render this app, if you still use it, inoperable.
I had no idea until I did my iOS 11 update last night now its gone for good

I used this app just about every day
Old Sep 23, 2017, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can roll back the update, although it is a procedure not for the faint hearted.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 10:13 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
PSA: TURN OFF auto-updating of apps and operating system in the iPhone.

Let someone else be the beta testers.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 5:43 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
I know that the ITA app won't work from 1 January but is it still possible to download now? I've recently updated my cell phone and I can't seem to find it in the Google Play Store.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 2:14 pm

Programs: DL DM Violator, UA Platinum, Gran Turismo 2-3-4 Superlicence
Updated to iOS 11 this weekend and now I know why Flight Matrix doesnt work. Phooey. Website interface is too fussy for iPhone 6, but works okay on iPad.

Been enjoying the site and app for well over 6 years now, sad to see it go.

Ill echo the question: anyone found a good replacement? (Search 2-3 destinations and can sort out by desired times of arrival/departure...)
Old Nov 11, 2017, 3:03 am

Programs: Delta - PM, Hilton - Diamond, PriorityClub - Platinum
Just leave it running Google

Google flights is a mess. No other app I have found comes close to the ease and speed of searching for flights, especially multi city and day. I know they have stopped support of the app, but it still works better then anything I have found. Why can't they just leave it running and those of us that use Android can still enjoy this great app? I keep hoping to see an announcement about some new great version but I think I am just being delusional. The website is clunky and not as convenient to use "on the fly". Sad....
Calchas likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 10:26 am

Programs: United
iTA fix

https://matrix.itasoftware.com/

old fashioned and slower, I just bookmarked the above on my phone.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 1:43 pm

Programs: UA GS 4MM, Marriott Lifetime Ti
Finally gone

I delayed the move to IOS 11 just for this one app. Something I used almost daily. I just returned from Asia and now I will update my IOS. Too bad, nothing else I have tried come close to the utility of On the Fly! RIP
Old Jul 25, 2018, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by westerndh

matrix.itasoftware.com

old fashioned and slower, I just bookmarked the above on my phone.
Are you able to use the sliders on the phone to filter the search results?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.