Pointimize: Hotel and Flight Awards search tool

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pointimize: Hotel and Flight Awards search tool

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2016, 10:04 pm
Original Poster

Pointimize: Hotel and Flight Awards search tool (plus free testing codes)

Hi Everyone,

My friends and I have been playing the points game for a few years now, and finally got tired of spending all our time comparing reward programs with a ton of open browsers. Recently, we got together and decided to create a one-stop-for-all trip planning tool. We’ve put together several features that help with comparing hotel and flight redemption programs as well as managing award programs. The tool removes our frustration with planning by performing a search on each reward program and displaying a list of combined results.

Here's the link: www.pointimize.com

We’ve completed the hotel search functionalities and are inviting the public for testing. The flight search service is complicated, but we’ll finish building it within the next few weeks (hopefully!). Until then, any feedback from the community is much appreciated!

Cheers!
Adu

Please check out our tool. We’ve included some of the key features below:

TyPo311 likes this.

Last edited by pointimize; Aug 7, 2016 at 1:02 pm Reason: update the use of codes
Old May 2, 2016, 8:34 am

Programs: Asiana, TAP, United, British, TAM
I did not double the points amounts, but it's a really cool feature. How do you calcuate the value of the points for each program? (which can be a really nice, unique feature!) Lowest price during sales? Best value redemptions?
I'll be waiting for the flight search feature!
Old May 3, 2016, 12:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Shalashaska
I did not double the points amounts, but it's a really cool feature. How do you calcuate the value of the points for each program? (which can be a really nice, unique feature!) Lowest price during sales? Best value redemptions?
I'll be waiting for the flight search feature!
Hi there, glad you like it!

The calculation of points value is a bit complicated. We built up a model based on long-term point prices of hotel chains and adjusted it with some other minor changes from time to time. As you may see, different blogs/websites give their own valuation and you can also change it at Profile>Setting.

We're working on our flight search feature and hope to bring it online ASAP!
Old May 4, 2016, 7:28 am

Minor UX feedback - after populating the check-in date for a hotel, the check-out date should jog to the day after. I filled in a late June arrival date, and the calendar for departure was on May when I tabbed to it.

The functionality itself is impressive. I'll definitely be sticking with this.
Old May 5, 2016, 3:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PWMTrav
Minor UX feedback - after populating the check-in date for a hotel, the check-out date should jog to the day after. I filled in a late June arrival date, and the calendar for departure was on May when I tabbed to it.

The functionality itself is impressive. I'll definitely be sticking with this.
Haha you are right. We'll soon fix it. Now we're kinda short of man/woman power while most effort is on Flight feature...
Old May 11, 2016, 4:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott, IHG, Hilton, AA
I play around with the site and I have to say that the performance is impressive...but at the same time you find other tools to help you to better understand the Hotel Reward Points that you may get if booking the hotel as well as redemption options by hotel chains .....take a look for example to www.muchopoints.com
Old May 12, 2016, 8:21 am

Can I ask what stack you're using to run this? Looks like bootstrap for the front end.
Old May 12, 2016, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PWMTrav
Can I ask what stack you're using to run this? Looks like bootstrap for the front end.
We did use bootstrap to build up our front end framework as well as other new technologies for back end. We're still waiting for 4.0.
Wow didn't expect a question like this here.
Old May 12, 2016, 8:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flymobile
I play around with the site and I have to say that the performance is impressive...but at the same time you find other tools to help you to better understand the Hotel Reward Points that you may get if booking the hotel as well as redemption options by hotel chains .....take a look for example to www.muchopoints.com
Thanks for the info. Muchopoints has a few great features. I like it a lot.
What we're still building is the Flight Search feature that will provide easy cash/mileage comparison. You gonna like it!
Old May 13, 2016, 4:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott, IHG, Hilton, AA
Wink

Looking forward to test you Flight Search features....! @:-)
Old Jul 23, 2016, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Hi everyone,

We're coming out with our new Award Flight Search feature!

This feature compares the mileage and cash prices for its users on one single page. The flight feature is scheduled to go online for beta testing next Friday July 29th and will support the 9 most frequently used frequent flyer programs in North America including American Airlines (AAdvantage) and United Airlines (MileagePlus).

Old Jul 29, 2016, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Pointimize Launches New Award Flight Search Feature (plus some free codes!)

Hi Everyone,

Pointimize has officially launched the new Award Flight Search today! We’re very excited about this new feature and the benefits it will bring to all the points travelers!

This unique feature handles the exhausting task of comparing reward miles and cash for travelers. Pointimize completes this arduous task by sifting through the rewards of your selected frequent flyer programs, its partners as well as other alliance members!! For each trip, Pointimize will present all the mileage information required to redeem a trip. With both mileage and cash prices listed clearly on the same page, you can now easily make the decision that usually takes hours of research!

Here is the link: https://www.pointimize.com/

We currently support the 9 most frequently used frequent flyer programs in North America, including:
  • American Airlines (AAdvantage)
  • United Airlines (MileagePlus)
  • Alaska Air (Mileage Plan)
  • Hawaiian Airlines (HawaiianMiles)
  • Air Canada (Aeroplan)
  • British Airways (Executive Club)
  • Iberia Airlines (Iberia Plus)
  • ANA (ANA Mileage Club)
  • Virgin Atlantic (Flying Club)

(when you select the programs on the left, the redeemable airlines populate on the right)

(as shown in the below image, Pointimize lists complete search results for both mileage and cash!)

We’d like to invite several participants for beta testing. Due to the stability of the Pointimize host, we will control the number of codes that can be used to access this feature. Please give it try if you are interested. Each code is unique and can only be used by one user email.

Please try the codes below:

IZS6SD6R
0BLK3OEL
KTO7WOQ3
8WK2F5O1
2922LTM2
59FEHC4Q
KQ3O62VU
V13PIV72
IP0NEGLQ
1QC9NS1Q
KELE7GAY
CDH7NGL8
EQV11O30
TMADZ3RR
T4JQ8IKS
LM192C06
WSVPD8ZC
9SEBTPDH
TG73A1HN
MZHW26T4
DH47HCLK
GCSTHMG2
ZQ2QP06Y
QADQT2BB
ON8V8PCU
9AVDB3TR
YACM2NAQ
CYEQ5T0U
CLI92R6O
YOUOMOM6
7F19HZ8S
J7CE2ZLL
10MFZA6P
B134TNBJ
46DN3HYB
48C0HGG5
N50M77KV
QBSVWZCZ
6GMIG52C
1Z9TT2RM
JLCMTWJT
E9KJRM8B
G0NI5BZV
IWLL3V24
SC3C6J73
0DP602Z2
YFQ3E7UA
H0NTNVT4
9NO2BPOD
IF5UZMZG
(the codes above have all been redeemed. we'll generate more codes if when applicable) - Aug 09, 2016

Feel free to share any thoughts you may have, as your feedback will play a key role in helping us improve this feature. We will keep updating and increasing the number of supporting airlines reward programs. Please reply below if the codes have all been used and thus invalid. We’ll generate new codes if applicable.

Cheers!
Adu

Last edited by pointimize; Aug 9, 2016 at 4:45 pm Reason: update the use of codes
Old Jul 29, 2016, 9:12 pm

I don't want to sign up with either Facebook or Google. Sorry.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 10:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by belfordrocks
I don't want to sign up with either Facebook or Google. Sorry.
Thanks! We're actually working on our own account management system so that you don't have to use FB or Google to sign up. We plan to launch it in our next version, which will be around September.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 6:36 pm

One suggestion - make award search return the miles required for the award regardless of balances. For instance, right now I haven't populated any info so I have 0's in everything. It tells me I can't redeem. Would be better to show the require miles for those too lazy to populate balances (or those that don't want to do that). It's useful to know what a redemption costs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.