Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

Need mobile itinerary tracking app recommendation (Android)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2016, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold

I've been using BlackBerry Travel for years and I loved it. I could forward the carrier's email itinerary to the app and it would convert it into my trip in the app. The app would monitor the flight status of each segment and post updates like delays or gate changes. It was really handy for looking up PRN #s, and it had a very simple alternate flights options for IRROPS.

Now that I'm in the Android world, I'm looking for advice on get a replacement to BlackBerry Travel.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 5:36 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott LTT + Ambassador
Kayak and TripIt are two good options - both support the email itinerary service you seek. I do find that the free Kayak service provides the portions of the paid TripIt Pro services that I utilized (real time alerts) so I let my subscription lapse recently but still use the free version. I've also found Kayak better at importing odd itineraries ....
Old Jun 28, 2016, 9:50 pm

I'm a big fan of WorldMate.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 4:26 am

Programs: Emirates, Qatar Airways, Hilton, IHG, Interncontinental Ambassador
Tripit for me - you can send your confirmation emails or also allow it to scan your email to automatically pick up travel. I use Tripit Pro which adds a few more fancy things - one I find the most useful is the points tracker across multiple programs.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 11:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium, TAP Gold
I used to use Tripit, but now I switched to Kayak. I found that their interface was much more user friendly and helpful.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 6:25 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
IIRC, BlackBerry Travel was developed by WorldMate, so if you're happy with BBT, you'll probably be happy with WM also. (For the record, I use TripIt.)
Old Jul 4, 2016, 1:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium, TAP Gold
Originally Posted by mikew99
IIRC, BlackBerry Travel was developed by WorldMate, so if you're happy with BBT, you'll probably be happy with WM also. (For the record, I use TripIt.)
Have you tried WorldMate? Any differences between that and Tripit?
Old Jul 4, 2016, 2:04 pm

Each have pros and cons.

WorldMate Gold: $9.99/yr
TripIt Pro: $49/yr

WorldMate mobile app is a bit more polished than the TripIt app (IMO).

TripIt app handles trips with multiple people better.

WorldMate is a bit more focused on best pricing for Air and Hotel and alerting when prices change.

TripIt is a bit more of a 'total' itinerary app. It support restaurants and concerts, etc, better than WorldMate.

WorldMate does 'less', but IMO does what it does better than TripIt. But if you need more 'features', TripIt may be the better choice.

Originally Posted by pnt1
Old Jul 4, 2016, 2:09 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by pnt1
I tried WorldMate but found it lacking. I summarized some differences in this recent thread.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 2:11 pm

In regards to your post in the other thread, I've had no issues with WorldMate parsing emails, and WM does allow adding notes.

I tried WorldMate but found it lacking. I summarized some differences in this recent thread.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by PackingIt
In regards to your post in the other thread, I've had no issues with WorldMate parsing emails, and WM does allow adding notes.
As I mentioned in the other thread, I evaluated WorldMate back in 2014. It's always possible that I missed the functionality or that the product has changed/improved since that time.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 4:25 pm

Yup, that's why I posted about that

As I mentioned in the other thread, I evaluated WorldMate back in 2014. It's always possible that I missed the functionality or that the product has changed/improved since that time.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 7:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold
I ended up loading all my existing itins into WorldMate this afternoon. It did a great job of parsing everything from emails. It feels a lot like BlackBerry Travel. So far it seems like a good equivalent. Hopefully gate updates and delay alerts will work as good. $10 bucks a year seems like a reasonable price for that.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 7:22 pm

I've had no issues with WM's flight alerts. But, for anything mission critical I usually rely on at least two apps for alerts

Originally Posted by FTstudent
I ended up loading all my existing itins into WorldMate this afternoon. It did a great job of parsing everything from emails. It feels a lot like BlackBerry Travel. So far it seems like a good equivalent. Hopefully gate updates and delay alerts will work as good. $10 bucks a year seems like a reasonable price for that.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 7:23 am

Post Android APP manage Itinerary and Hotel bookings

Hello,

Is there any free Android APP available that can manage all my Hotel bookings and Itinerary? -I can just input my information and it would provide all the details.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.