Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

logmyflight.net - New personal flight logger

logmyflight.net - New personal flight logger

Old Nov 21, 2016, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by D404
Hey, tried this out today.

I notice it is missing some of the same airlines a FlightDiary. In my case, WOW air. I've contacted FlightDiary in the past about this, but I may as well have thrown my correspondence into a black hole, for all the good it did.

Is this something that can be added to logmyflight?
Sure, any suggestion is welcome. I've just added this airline to the database, so you should now be able to use it. Don't hesitate to let me know if anything goes wrong!
Old Jan 2, 2017, 6:36 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Hello -

Happy New Year --

Any update on the new version? I have a bunch of older flights to enter but have been waiting on new and improved

Cheers
Old Jan 4, 2017, 1:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thegrailer
Hello -

Happy New Year --

Any update on the new version? I have a bunch of older flights to enter but have been waiting on new and improved

Cheers
Happy new year to you as well!

The new version is already accessible in beta so you can have a look at the new features.
However, keep in mind to export any flight added in the second version because the new databases will be wiped out from time to time (of course, all the data in v1 is safe and will be transferred to the v2 once finished).

This new version is now almost completely finished, so I expect to make it available to everyone within the next two weeks.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 9:01 am

Great site and i absolutely love it. Import was easy. I exported my openflighs to this site and import was no problem.

However I wish, my publich statistic would show the time "wasted" in air. There is an avarge flight time and distance, but it would be great if I could see my total time in the air(on a plane, because it includes taxing)
Old Jan 13, 2017, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by N45H
Great site and i absolutely love it. Import was easy. I exported my openflighs to this site and import was no problem.

However I wish, my publich statistic would show the time "wasted" in air. There is an avarge flight time and distance, but it would be great if I could see my total time in the air(on a plane, because it includes taxing)
Thanks for this nice review, I really appreciate it!
On the next version, coming sometime next week, I've actually replaced the mean travel time by the total travel time in the profile. I will think about the possibility to keep both informations in all the profiles.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 3:36 pm

Heyyyyy --- it's next week

Cheers ---

Originally Posted by logmyflight
Thanks for this nice review, I really appreciate it!
On the next version, coming sometime next week, I've actually replaced the mean travel time by the total travel time in the profile. I will think about the possibility to keep both informations in all the profiles.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thegrailer
Heyyyyy --- it's next week

Cheers ---
Yup, it is! If everything goes as planed, I'll start (and hopefully end) the migration of the website to the v2 on Saturday
Old Jan 21, 2017, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Finally, the version 2 of Logmyflight has arrived! Here is a quick summary of the changes introduced with this new version :

• Brand new design ;
  • Number of pages refreshs required to perform some actions greatly reduced, which results in a significative gain of time ;
  • You can now upgrade your account to get access to more features, such as the delay analysis, the new google heatmap, the possibility to retrieve informations of any flight directly from the flight number, and the possibility to add pictures to your flights ;
  • Facebook signup and login is now available, and the activation of each account with a valid email address is not required any more ;
  • Possibility to use two new flight reasons (military, and simulator flights), and to add new kind of informations when logging a flight (such as the terminals and the bag claim number) ;
  • When adding a flight, you can now leave a review (about the airports, airline and/or aircraft), for every user of the community to see ;
  • It is now possible to filter the data which appears on all your different charts (for example, you can decide to select only the flights leaving from Brussels in 2016);
  • New chart introduced : your favorite flight routes ;
  • In the data section, new "Top 10" tables have been added ;
  • 4 new awards are available, and 16 achievements have been created ;
  • Pre-made forms have been made to simplify the process of asking for a new airport, airline or aircraft ;
  • Some sample data is now available to import when creating a new account, to discover all the features offered without having to add your own flights ;
  • Introduction of a personal summary banner to be used in websites or forums ;
  • A guided tour button is available on most of the pages to help understand the possibilities offered by each page ;
  • You can also book your next flight directly from your account.

Some more features still need to be built and should come in the next few weeks as well, such as :

• The importation of flights coming from TripIt.

Of course, as always, any suggestion, comment or bug report is more than welcome.
To do so, you can just respond to this thread or use the appropriated contact form under the "contact" section of your account.

Thanks for the support, can't wait to hear your feedback! www.logmyflight.net

Last edited by logmyflight; Jan 21, 2017 at 1:09 pm
Old Jan 21, 2017, 2:47 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K, HH Diamond
I'm trying to import the .csv export from flightdiary and it's telling me there's an error... any ideas?
Old Jan 21, 2017, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thegingninj
I'm trying to import the .csv export from flightdiary and it's telling me there's an error... any ideas?
It should now be working. You file had kind of a strange travel date format (month/day/year instead of day-month-year as expected).
This file came from Flightdiary, right? Did you modify it by hand?
Anyway, just let me know if the fix is working or not!
Old Jan 21, 2017, 3:59 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K, HH Diamond
It should now be working. You file had kind of a strange travel date format (month/day/year instead of day-month-year as expected).
This file came from Flightdiary, right? Did you modify it by hand?
Anyway, just let me know if the fix is working or not!
Works now, thank you!!
Old Jan 22, 2017, 5:14 pm

The Website looks great so far, you surely put effort on it. I really like the design.

Some feedback:

SSL seems to be not working right now?

IMO the flight map (the Google map shown in Personal Maps) should be viewed on top of every profile, above the main information(s!, should be removed) about your own account.

In general, the information displayed on your account are way too big, most boxed could probably be 1/4 or 1/2 the size, avoiding unnecessary scrolling.

Some information like longest, shortest flight or fastest, slowest flight are definitely useful. I think FlightMemory did everything right in this matter, they just have a horrible design.

Editing flights seems to remove aircraft type again.

Entering flight number and Airline should be next to each other. Ideally when entering the airline code, the airline should automatically entered. In special cases you could edit the airline afterwards.

Last edited by Muckael; Jan 22, 2017 at 5:53 pm
Old Jan 23, 2017, 1:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Muckael
SSL seems to be not working right now?
I never actually installed any SSL. For the moment I'm not really considering getting a SSL certificate, not until the website grows a bit and gets more users. But of course, this is definitely something important that I'll implement in the future.

IMO the flight map (the Google map shown in Personal Maps) should be viewed on top of every profile, above the main information(s!, should be removed) about your own account.
Consider it done! I'll add in the next few days this map, at least on the "preview" page of every profile. Hopefully this won't increase too much the loading time of the page.

In general, the information displayed on your account are way too big, most boxed could probably be 1/4 or 1/2 the size, avoiding unnecessary scrolling.
I know the pie charts are probably too big, so I'll reduce their size. Do you have something else in mind? Or do you talk in general about all the panels?

Some information like longest, shortest flight or fastest, slowest flight are definitely useful. I think FlightMemory did everything right in this matter, they just have a horrible design.
I'll think about the best way to implement this kind of information. For now, you can already see your longest flight in the dashboard, in the "fun fact 3" panel.

Editing flights seems to remove aircraft type again.
I don't have any problems when editing my own flights. Could me send me by private message the id of the flight which gave you some trouble? (if you modify one flight, you should see on the URL the id, such as http://www.logmyflight.net/modify.php?flightid=xxxx).

Entering flight number and Airline should be next to each other. Ideally when entering the airline code, the airline should automatically entered. In special cases you could edit the airline afterwards.
You're right, selecting the airline from the flight number is a nice feature. It should be working for most cases now.

Thanks for the review!

Last edited by logmyflight; Jan 23, 2017 at 2:09 am
Old Jan 24, 2017, 2:19 pm

Nice update. Easier to enter/edit data ^

Suggestions/comments:

Typing AY in airlines does not retrieve Finnair.

Edit causes airline to disappear - e.g., edited AY5 to change A332 to A333. selected and clicked modify one flight. airline was blank. similar to that noted above.

Add Departure and Arrival time to column selection --- EDIT: found that in settings. "Tricky" (not really but can't think of a better term) having some columns selectable on the main page on others in profile. Edit 2: Departure/Arrival time still not selectable - not a choice in either (?).

In Settings: Departure "info" and Arrival "info" rather than "infos." "Data" might be a better term.

Still looking for a differentiated Economy Plus vs. Premium Economy. E+ is a nice catchall but AA Main Cabin Extra is not similar to CX Premium Economy

Cheers
Old Jan 24, 2017, 4:51 pm

I never actually installed any SSL. For the moment I'm not really considering getting a SSL certificate, not until the website grows a bit and gets more users. But of course, this is definitely something important that I'll implement in the future.
I think you can get a free (?) Let's Encrypt certificate, but I'm no expert on this. I just feel more confident if I see a green lock next to the website ^

I know the pie charts are probably too big, so I'll reduce their size. Do you have something else in mind? Or do you talk in general about all the panels?
I'm actually talking about the panels in general, reducing the size of the charts just sightly should be fine.

Ideally you should be able to see the map and the most important information (longest, shortest, distance, flights, airlines, routes, ect.) when opening the profile and more details (favorite weekday, delay info, seat types, ect) when scrolling down.

IMO some pie charts can be replaced by a simple counter or a smaller bar chart, I don't really need a pie showing my seat types. But of course this comes down to personal taste. Maybe you could let the user choose how certain data will be displayed on the profile in the future or maybe even give the option to enable or disable certain data?

And at least on my Full HD screen the width is not fully used.

Thanks for the quick feedback btw, you're really doing a great job and I hope your page will get even more popular in the future.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.