Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

Google Flights - Changes, Updates, Glitches and Help [consolidated thread]

Google Flights - Changes, Updates, Glitches and Help [consolidated thread]

Old Dec 4, 2023, 6:37 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I get mails periodically, I suppose only when things change. It goes to my gmail ID though...
Old Dec 10, 2023, 8:43 pm

Google flights pricing letter?

Just searched a flight and the prices have an A in front of them. Ive never noticed that before, what does it mean?

Old Dec 10, 2023, 11:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
A$ is Australian Dollars. Are you in Australia at the moment, or did you set your location/currency to Australia somewhere?
pudgym29, KRSW, OSSYULYYZ and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 10, 2023, 11:26 pm

So I went to google flights and did this for like 10 different days. I went to filter it to nonstop and certain airlines only as you can filter it for the destination to and from. So anytime there is a price change at all for any of these flights, I should get an email notification.

The issue is how to I set up this notification where I get an iphone alert sound and notification banner on my iphone? I did set this up on my laptop thought but logged into the same google account so that doesn't matter right whether setting this up on the computer or phone since same email?

Well I just took a look at prices now for those 10 days and the price changed in several of these flights. Some went higher and some went lower. Yet when I check my email, there is no notification at all? I thought anything time is a price change whether up or down and even if it could be small amounts like a $10 price difference, there would be a notification? Or that was never the case with google flights? So how exactly is this price notification going to help if it doesn't send you an email notification when there is a price change then? Is there any program that gives alert to price change in real time or at least close to it? So google flights only does 1 or 2 emails a day on this and by then, the price already changed?
Old Dec 11, 2023, 4:30 am

Funnily, I started to get emails again, just two days after posting this. Not sure what changed as I haven't touched GF price tracking at all. And all the tracked prices have changed but no email notifications came for those price changes.
pudgym29 and MaxVO like this.
Old Dec 11, 2023, 4:45 pm

So I just got an email from google flights and it showed the price changes for a few flights. So you get this email once a day at the most if there is any price change? I had thought you get an alert every time there was a real time price change so there isn't that?

So should one expect to get the same email the same time everyday if there is a price change?
Old Dec 11, 2023, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by jerry90210
...So should one expect to get the same email the same time everyday if there is a price change?
I usually get emails when there's a jump in price, so I would feel like chasing the fare. Remember this service is paid by the airlines, and they are the customers of Google Flights. The pax are merchandise in this relationship.
Old Dec 11, 2023, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by MaxVO
I usually get emails when there's a jump in price, so I would feel like chasing the fare. Remember this service is paid by the airlines, and they are the customers of Google Flights. The pax are merchandise in this relationship.

Yea but how often do you get an email? You get it multiple times a day? Or it's always around the same time? I got one in the afternoon so if there is another price change with one of the flights, i will get another email the next day around the same time? Or does it randomly gets sent?
Old Dec 12, 2023, 1:18 am

Yea but how often do you get an email? You get it multiple times a day? ...
It depends on how often the above described price patterns happen to my saved flights. It could be twice a week, or once a month, or never.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by MaxVO
It depends on how often the above described price patterns happen to my saved flights. It could be twice a week, or once a month, or never.
So the day next I go the google flights email and it's exactly the same time as the day before. So this is normal then? If there is no price changes, no email. If email, always the same time?
Old Dec 12, 2023, 3:46 pm

... If there is no price changes, no email.
Oh there are price changes and no emails quite often. If I want to monitor fares, I do it myself manually. As I stated previously, I don't believe that emails are intended for pax benefit, but rather to induce poor purchase decisions. Whoever pays for the email service (the airlines) are entitled to the benefits.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by docbert
A$ is Australian Dollars. Are you in Australia at the moment, or did you set your location/currency to Australia somewhere?
nope Im in the US, never been to the southern hemisphere. I also use a VPN that is set to Denver. Strange.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 4:34 pm

Programs: Hilton, Delta, Hyatt, MGM
I just did a search on Safari on my iPhone and it looks like the aircraft type is no longer showing. Hopefully thats not a permanent change because it is a feature that can be useful at times.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 5:05 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by vegasbased
I just did a search on Safari on my iPhone and it looks like the aircraft type is no longer showing. Hopefully thats not a permanent change because it is a feature that can be useful at times.
In mobile website mode you have to pick a specific flight, then tap on the arrow to expand the details in order to find out the aircraft, but it's still there. Definitely not as convenient as the desktop version of the website though, where you can expand each option on the initial search results page.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 10:40 pm

Programs: Hilton, Delta, Hyatt, MGM
Originally Posted by Zorak
In mobile website mode you have to pick a specific flight, then tap on the arrow to expand the details in order to find out the aircraft, but it's still there. Definitely not as convenient as the desktop version of the website though, where you can expand each option on the initial search results page.
Thats what I did (go into a specific flight then expand the details), but for an F9 flight in June it wasnt showing. Now its showing again though.

Maybe it was a just a glitch and/or GF didnt have the data.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.