FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Travel Tools (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools-701/)
-   -   Google Flights - Changes, Updates, Glitches and Help [consolidated thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools/1707354-google-flights-changes-updates-glitches-help-consolidated-thread.html)

HaikalS Sep 24, 2017 1:10 pm

Google Flights down?

1 Attachment(s)
Hi All,

Is it just me or is Google Flights down?

I get the following error message:

The requested URL /flights/ was not found on this server. That’s all we know.

The address I try to open is https://www.google.com/flights/

mattp1987 Sep 24, 2017 5:43 pm

Has anyone found a way to exclude Basic Economy fares in Google Flights searches?

Jane's Addiction Sep 24, 2017 6:20 pm

works for me now, but I was getting same error and message over the weekend

yitzc Sep 25, 2017 4:34 am

I had trouble on the weekend, and I'm getting the same error again now...

youranut Oct 21, 2017 9:58 am

google flights discount codes

I am a very frugal traveler when it comes to choosing my destination. I use Google Flights and Skyscanner leaving the destination open to find cheap destinations I'm interested in visiting.

I'm signed up with all the airlines email alerts and several of them have the "discount code" you must enter in the search to get the low price. Does google flights account for these discounts? Am I wasting my time using the airline website? Could I see the same fare price by just using Google Flights and Skyscanner?

<deleted by moderator>

StartinSanDiego Oct 24, 2017 8:09 am

Originally Posted by youranut (Post 28959444)
I am a very frugal traveler when it comes to choosing my destination. I use Google Flights and Skyscanner leaving the destination open to find cheap destinations I'm interested in visiting.

I'm signed up with all the airlines email alerts and several of them have the "discount code" you must enter in the search to get the low price. Does google flights account for these discounts? Am I wasting my time using the airline website? Could I see the same fare price by just using Google Flights and Skyscanner?

<deleted by moderator>

MODERATOR NOTE: Your query has been moved to the appropriate thread, the master Google flights help thread. Please continue the discussion here.

To respond to your question, I don't know if you are wasting your time on the airline websites. I don't use either airline discount codes or leave a destination open when using Google Flights. Did you try systematically using the discount codes for a dummy booking on Google Flights and seeing if it worked? I may be misreading your question, but it sounds as though you haven't tried for yourself yet. Perhaps you could give a few examples of what is and isn't working for you, and the collective wisdom of posters might be able to get some very specific advise.

youranut Oct 26, 2017 8:31 am

Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego (Post 28970202)

MODERATOR NOTE: Your query has been moved to the appropriate thread, the master Google flights help thread. Please continue the discussion here.

To respond to your question, I don't know if you are wasting your time on the airline websites. I don't use either airline discount codes or leave a destination open when using Google Flights. Did you try systematically using the discount codes for a dummy booking on Google Flights and seeing if it worked? I may be misreading your question, but it sounds as though you haven't tried for yourself yet. Perhaps you could give a few examples of what is and isn't working for you, and the collective wisdom of posters might be able to get some very specific advise.

Thanks for your reply. I'm not having a problem with GF, just trying to figure out how deep their search goes. I'll try to state my question better.

I received and email from Frontier advertising a "today only" sale -"Save 99% one way" on specific days and destinations. The email provides a promo code "SAVE99" to use when booking the flight on Frontiers website. Obviously these discounted flights will be very cheap. My problem is that the discount only applies to specific days and destinations that are not revealed. You would have to search for random flights on Frontier until you thought you found the cheap flights.

My question - Is GF aware of these promotions? Does GF incorporate promo codes like this when searching? It would be extremely useful if it did. Since the airline sites don't have a map search it is hard to find the cheap destinations. Thats why I use GF, SkyScanner, etc. Should I be investing hours of searching on the Frontier website when these sales are offered? Or is GF doing it for me?

Or is there a place to input airline promo codes in GF?

youranut Nov 13, 2017 9:01 am

Anybody out there?

WolfvanWeen Nov 13, 2017 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by youranut (Post 28979403)
My question - Is GF aware of these promotions? Does GF incorporate promo codes like this when searching? It would be extremely useful if it did. Since the airline sites don't have a map search it is hard to find the cheap destinations. Thats why I use GF, SkyScanner, etc. Should I be investing hours of searching on the Frontier website when these sales are offered? Or is GF doing it for me?

Or is there a place to input airline promo codes in GF?

No.

YacozA Nov 21, 2017 6:37 am

Updated Google Flights in Beta

Not specific to BA, but as a lot of us use this in tandem with ITA. Google Flights seems to have launched a new beta.
You can access it by selecting the "Try Now" button on the right hand side.

Features (work in progress):
  • Origin and Destination airport limitation lifted from 5 to 7
  • Improved routing results (seems to now more closely match ITA)
  • New UI (more Google-ie)

LTN Phobia Nov 21, 2017 6:43 am

This thread was originally posted in BA forum but has been moved here as it is not BA-specific.

LTN Phobia
Moderator: BA forum

WorldLux Nov 21, 2017 7:31 am

Don't like the UI. Can't see the advantage over the old UI...

Deltus Nov 21, 2017 8:54 am

I can't see any loss of functionality at least. It's suffered the same fate as BA.com in terms of filling up screen space with useless white space, but as far as I can tell everything still works...

stuart_f Nov 21, 2017 9:23 am

Agree on the useless white space - it may look good on a 'mood board' but it's impractical for the user. Shrinking the page in my browser using 80% zoom helps quite a bit.

Links to book flights via Google Travel seem new. eg Book on Google with KLM

gsch Nov 22, 2017 8:23 am

Did the IDR just crash or is it a Google Flights glitch?

I was searching for flights from Indonesia to Europe on Google Flights (with display in USD).
It seems that Google Flights is showing return flights to anywhere around USD 8 in economy, USD 100 in First class...

Seems like a FX glitch on Google Flights. Any way to book at that price?

Here is an example of a Bali to SFO for USD 50 in F...

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...3d1df8a215.png