Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

New App for Points Calculations, Award Charts, and more!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New App for Points Calculations, Award Charts, and more!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2015, 8:21 pm
Original Poster

Getaway Geek: New App for Points Calculations, Award Charts, and more!

Hi all, I created an iOS app that I believe will be helpful for us. It went through a long beta process and I used it all the time so I am confident you guys will too. It’s called Getaway Geek and it’s essentially a labor of love of our community. Key points:

Mileage Calculator - Allows you to plug in two destinations for a variety of airline programs and it will identify how many miles are required to go from point A to point B.
Award Charts - I represented on the app a number of the most popular award charts. Should make it very easy to reference how much it would cost to travel to various locations
Frequent Flyer University - This is actually my favorite section as it has so much information. Within this section I go into detail about the different types of points and miles, identify all domestic hubs and focus cities for our favorite airlines, identify transfer partners for all of the transferable points within the transferable programs link (super helpful for me), dole out tons of info on the airline pages and identify some of my favorite blogs
Mile Earning Strategies - Self descriptive. Identifies ways in which users can earn miles.

Please download it and test it out, I put a LOT of work and time into it. I corrected as many glitches as I could, but if you guys have any constructive criticism or if you find anything that is wrong please let me know.

One thing I wanted to mention is that the BA Mileage Calculator is using the old values. It took so long to get the thing approved that the BA Chart changed! I have already submitted a version with the updated charts, it will be live and pushed through next week.

I realize that it’s set up with an In App Purchase and ads, I am not 100% sure if this is ok to post in here. The website is still a work in progress. Here is a link to the app, enjoy!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/geta...973762564?mt=8

Last edited by Wellington; Jun 11, 2015 at 5:53 am
Old Jun 11, 2015, 10:52 am

Programs: American AAdvantage
Originally Posted by Wellington
I realize that it’s set up with an In App Purchase and ads, I am not 100% sure if this is ok to post in here. The website is still a work in progress. Here is a link to the app, enjoy!
What is the cost of the in-app purchase? I assume it disables the ads.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sant
What is the cost of the in-app purchase? I assume it disables the ads.
$0.99

It allows for unlimited searches. Does not remove the ad at the bottom of the screen.

Should it? This is more of an open beta for me than anything else. Nothing is really set in stone.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 4:17 pm

Android
Old Jun 11, 2015, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alchemista
Android
Working on it!
Old Jun 19, 2015, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Update is out, the British Airways award chart is now the correct one for the award chart display and the calculator.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 4:02 pm

Programs: American AAdvantage
Originally Posted by Wellington
$0.99

It allows for unlimited searches. Does not remove the ad at the bottom of the screen.

Should it? This is more of an open beta for me than anything else. Nothing is really set in stone.
When I purchase an app, I have the expectation that it removes the ads.

If the in-app purchase price isn't sufficient enough to outweigh the income from the ads, raise the price accordingly.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 6:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sant
When I purchase an app, I have the expectation that it removes the ads.

If the in-app purchase price isn't sufficient enough to outweigh the income from the ads, raise the price accordingly.
Noted. I will address the issue with the next update.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.