AwardFinder Chrome Extension

Old Jul 10, 2018, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: blahter
The info in the OP is out of date.

Install the Chrome Extension

Guide can be found here

Report issues here

Also, use fake FF accounts. Not just for this tool but any of them that use your account info. I promise that I'm not stealing your credentials but if the extension gets stuck on a login loop, at least your real account won't be locked out.
Print Wikipost

AwardFinder Chrome Extension

Old Mar 10, 2018, 8:25 am

Feature suggestion - a date filter if possible? it should a simple text filter of MM/DD format
e.g. say if I search for 3/10 + 7 days (3/10-3/17), but then want to only filter for 3/10, 3/11, or 3/15 only. A date filter seems easier than re-doing the whole search for just 3/15

Thanks
Old Mar 11, 2018, 8:38 am

Another feature Suggestion: Putting the results of a completed search into a "tab" would be Fantastic! I find myself searching many complex routes using your tool (which makes it MUCH easier - been using it for years!), but I would make a search and key in on a single segment, then move on and find that would not work with the rest of my trip and need to re-do the first search I made to find a different segment to key my award off of. Lately, I have been "Print Screen"ing and pasting each page of results into photoshop so that I can go back and find new segments to key off of. If we could just start a new "TAB" (like a browser tab), leaving the old results in a different tab preserved/saved for later viewing - and being able to do multiple tabs - would streamline the process enormously.

Thanks for listening, and for the great tool!

Last edited by ScubaAddict; Mar 11, 2018 at 9:50 am
Old Mar 14, 2018, 1:51 am

Originally Posted by ScubaAddict
Another feature Suggestion: Putting the results of a completed search into a "tab" would be Fantastic! I find myself searching many complex routes using your tool (which makes it MUCH easier - been using it for years!), but I would make a search and key in on a single segment, then move on and find that would not work with the rest of my trip and need to re-do the first search I made to find a different segment to key my award off of. Lately, I have been "Print Screen"ing and pasting each page of results into photoshop so that I can go back and find new segments to key off of. If we could just start a new "TAB" (like a browser tab), leaving the old results in a different tab preserved/saved for later viewing - and being able to do multiple tabs - would streamline the process enormously.

Thanks for listening, and for the great tool!
True that. or the ability to launch multiple instances of the App? is that possible?
I've been saving screenshots too into Evernote to "save results"
Old Mar 30, 2018, 8:57 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Flying Blue, HH, Melia and many others
Hello,
since a few days the app doesn't work anymore and the website is shutdown with just one line "Site is offline for maintenance".
Does anyone have any idea when or if it will be back sometime?
Would be sad if it's gone.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by source05
Hello,
since a few days the app doesn't work anymore and the website is shutdown with just one line "Site is offline for maintenance".
Does anyone have any idea when or if it will be back sometime?
Would be sad if it's gone.
Works fine for me (AC/Aeroplan) just now? and this week for sure

​​​​​​​Enable debug mode? or indicate what program/airline you chose?
Old Mar 31, 2018, 1:00 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Flying Blue, HH, Melia and many others
Originally Posted by jerryhung
Works fine for me (AC/Aeroplan) just now? and this week for sure

Enable debug mode? or indicate what program/airline you chose?
Thanks for your reply.
I have the extension in Google Chrome and it doesn't even open anymore, the extension is no more in the google store neither and their website is down. I had put in all my FF cards and it worked fine since 3 days ago. I have tried your debug suggestion but no change.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 5:56 pm

Just got notification of the new app. Installed and BA search just sits on "BA initializing."
Old Apr 8, 2018, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

Just got notification of the new app. Installed and BA search just sits on "BA initializing."
What route are you searching for? Is anything going on in the opened Chrome window/tab?
Old Apr 8, 2018, 7:07 pm

Route: LAX,SFO,ORD,DFW,BOS,JFK,EWR ---- HKG
BA search window pops up - nothing filled out - not searching. Just the empty form page, not doing anything.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

Seems to be working for me:

Do you have any ad-blocking extensions installed. I've seen it interfere with AC but not BA...
Old Apr 9, 2018, 8:57 am
Original Poster

I think I have found the problem. I'll publish an update later tonight.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 12:26 pm

Oh no, I just saw the bad news

https://award.flights/2018/04/08/new-extension/
If you are unaware, Chrome Apps are being deprecated for non-ChromeOS platforms. While the timeline is still up in the air, continuing to update the existing app seems like a futile exercise so over the past year or so I have been working on and off into either converting the app into either an extension or an Electron app. While an Electron app would be closer to the current app and I do have a working-ish prototype of one, an extension seems the easier route for distribution. So as of today, the current app will no longer be updated or supported and will be replaced by the award.flights Chrome Extension.

A quick rundown of what’s different can be found here. The main difference is that the extension will open up a new Chrome window and perform searches there. I still recommend you use dummy accounts in case something goes wrong and your account gets caught in a login loop – which can lead to your account being locked.

Some new feature require you to login with a Google account. This is so that your search results can be used across extensions/apps if I decide to make a Firefox extension or Electron app. No personal data other than the email address on the account is stored.

Finally, a number of you have asked if you could donate to the development effort. There is an option to do that now via the extension or from this page but don’t feel like you have to.

I believe everything mostly works but there still may be some hiccups. Leave some feedback if you run into any issues.

Trying out the new extension, it's nice and different

I like the Search History = Saved Search < does it sync across devices/browsers?
and now I can do in-page search too with CTRL+F

No swap button for Origin & Destination?

Last edited by jerryhung; Apr 9, 2018 at 12:44 pm
Old Apr 9, 2018, 4:26 pm

Disabled adblocker (turned off the extension) and behavior is the same. Tried incognito (not sure if it matters) - same thing. I'll try a different computer when I get time.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 8:45 pm
Original Poster

Disabled adblocker (turned off the extension) and behavior is the same. Tried incognito (not sure if it matters) - same thing. I'll try a different computer when I get time.
Can you try now. I've published an update. Make sure you have version 1.0.14. You may need to force an update of the extension.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 9:12 pm

Tried again, didn't work - disabled some other extensions. No change. Started to test entries. Look it doesn't work with 2 passengers. Reduced to one - it searches for one flight, then stops after the first departing airport with the image below. Seems to work with only a single departing airport. Using LAX,SFO as departing airports.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.