Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

Does this Tool Exist? [Award Availability Search by Departing Airport]

Old Feb 13, 2015, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Looking for some online tool where I can put in a departing airport, dates, and airlines and it will show destinations I can go with award availability. Does something like this exist?

Sometimes I just want to take a spontaneous trip, no destination in mind, but I'd have to search tons of destinations and different airline websites to find something. I think on ExpertFlyer you have to specify a destination, but maybe I'm wrong.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 2:06 pm

Just go to the wiki page for the airport you want to leave from. Should have airlines and destinations sorted. You're on your own for the availability. Maybe KVS?
Old Feb 13, 2015, 2:19 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by Wellington
Maybe KVS?
You can get a list of all departing flights via the [Arrivals-Departures] Timetable Method in the KVS Tool, by specifying the origin airport only.

However, Award Availability searches require both origin and destination.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 4:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Seems like something KVS could integrate if there were demand for it. It already has the ability to store your frequent flyer numbers and passwords for sites that require a log in to search (BA, NH, SQ come to mind). Problem would be the massive amount of possibilities from just a blank search, I'd think it'd be necessary to narrow down a bit.

I'd love to have a similar tool to scrub out exceptionally low fares and error fares from a given departure without any specific destination in mind but nothing really exists that I know of. Google flights doesn't go into nearly the level that I'd want. Something that would just bring up a fare list of PEK- all commercial airports in Africa (for example) then I can take it from there with more established tools to find a working routing and schedule.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 8:26 am

http://www.aa.com/awardMap/home.do

http://www.britishairways.com/travel..._gb?eId=106160

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/apps...ardTravel.aspx

Search for "[your favorite mileage program] award map"

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.