Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

What service do you use to keep a log of all the flights you've taken?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2014, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver

Hi all,

I was wondering what, if any, service you use to keep a log of all your flights you've taken. Personally I use FlightDiary.net and I feel it gets the job done quite well. However, if you have any different service you use I'd love to hear about it.

TUF
Old Jul 25, 2014, 10:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF Gold, VA Gold, IC Diamond Amb., HH Diamond
FlightDiary.net?

I've used FD a lot but there's a new one - pitot.io which is pretty cool and does a few things FD doesn't.

There's a free and paid subscription, free will do the same FD offers now.

Main thing I like is that there's users and beta users groups on Facebook which you can join and chat to the developer about issues or enhancements
Old Jul 25, 2014, 11:32 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus 1K
FlightDiary.net?

what do people put in a flight diary? most of my flights lately are better forgotten
Old Jul 25, 2014, 11:52 am

Programs: AA, DL Gold, UA Gold, HHonors Gold
BA 97 is a fairly good one, although you don't get a nifty map. Flugstatistik is also good.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 9:06 am
Used to be PWMRamper

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Really like the look of FlightDiary. After starting with FlightMemory and moving to OpenFlights and now FlightDiary, I'm not going anywhere anytime soon.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 10:49 am

Programs: DL FO; A3 *G; AA PLT; et cetera
I use Flightdiary for the most part these days. I started with flugstatistik and still use it occasionally because I have found FD's database is somewhat limited and they aren't all that great about updating it pursuant to requests (I've had issues with the FD database not having smaller regional airports in the USA and smaller defunct airlines).

Each have their pluses and minuses. FD can get unwieldy once you get a bunch of flights logged.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 10:29 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Moving this over to the more appropriate Travel Tools forum for further discussion. Thanks! /JY1024, TravelBuzz co-moderator
Old Aug 18, 2014, 5:32 pm

Just flew in to COD (Cody, Wyoming) on United Express and find that this airport is not listed on FlightDiary. I've emailed and no response.

Anyone know if there is a way to get feedback through or an easy solution?

Thanks
Old Sep 4, 2014, 8:25 pm

Programs: UA GS; AA CK; DL Silver Medallion, SPG Plat (Lifetime); Mariott Rwds Plat; Hertz Plat
There are apps for this? I've been tracking flights, miles, and tail no's on a giant Excel spreadsheet for the last three years.

I think my life just got A LOT easier.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 4:41 am

Programs: A3 *G, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by schwarm
Just flew in to COD (Cody, Wyoming) on United Express and find that this airport is not listed on FlightDiary. I've emailed and no response.

Anyone know if there is a way to get feedback through or an easy solution?

Thanks
Same here, I emailed them about missing airlines, airports and aircraft a while ago. Got feedback today that they "at the moment do not have the possibility to update it".

Looking at other discussions (http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...ained-by-human) where updates were requested in 2013 already and still have not been incorporated, I doubt they will be getting the static data updates completed anytime soon.

It´s a real pity as Flight Diary stats and look&feel are far superior to Flugstatistik/Flightmemory but without them willing to provide support, it´s fairly useless...
Old Oct 15, 2014, 2:34 am

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
Originally Posted by jozdemir
I've used FD a lot but there's a new one - pitot.io which is pretty cool and does a few things FD doesn't.

There's a free and paid subscription, free will do the same FD offers now.

Main thing I like is that there's users and beta users groups on Facebook which you can join and chat to the developer about issues or enhancements
I just tried that one and I really like to forget that one instantly. It has too many flaws (for example: every flight has a stopover by default, which is annoying, WAW is missing, every airplane type shows up at least 3 times without an obvious difference, CAS doesn't exist, neither do many smaller or legacy airlines).

No tool is perfect. I stick with FD, as it has a much better user interface than flightmemory or pitot. It would be ideal if they started updating their databases again. I'm missing Air Lituanica, for example. At least all of them are still much better than the Excel sheet I used in the past.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 7:21 am

I just discovered flight diary. It looks great.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 6:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

For those who use FlightDiary and want to be able to track aircraft registrations I've built a little browser extension hack which adds that n-number lookup into the flight edit page. The data only works for domestic US travel where the DoT has recorded the information in the BTS logs and it has a delay of ~6-10 weeks (Jan '15 is the most current) but it should be complete and accurate for most domestic US flights.

Read more.

n.b. The link above is to my blog or to one which I am a regular contributor. FT rules require that I disclose that in the post.
Whodunit68 likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 1:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Airline code to use?

Started putting my flights into FD (I like the graphics much more than FM), but was wondering what airline to book flights flown by regional airlines (e.g. for United Express)...is it better form to use UA in this instance, or the IATA for the regional airline company?
Old Apr 27, 2015, 8:05 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Titanium, National Executive
Anyone know why you can no longer click get info and automatically populate the cities and times? Seems weird that they would remove this feature (it seem to still be in the html but not showing)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.