Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

What service do you use to keep a log of all the flights you've taken?

What service do you use to keep a log of all the flights you've taken?

Old Oct 13, 2018, 7:04 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum
Jetitup gone away?

I've been trying for a couple of days to connect to JetItUp.com to update my flights. It seems like the site has completely stopped working. Anyone know if it has gone away permanently?

TIA
Old Oct 15, 2018, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by rabilancia
I've been trying for a couple of days to connect to JetItUp.com to update my flights. It seems like the site has completely stopped working. Anyone know if it has gone away permanently?

TIA
Seems like it to me...

I wanted to pull my daughter's logs at the very least.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 9:24 pm

Really too bad! I loved the stats, and the option to add pics. Afraid I won't be able to recover any of my data.
i wonder what happened....
Old Oct 20, 2018, 9:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF Gold, VA Gold, IC Diamond Amb., HH Diamond
The guy who runs JetItUp posted on his Facebook page saying that he's been in the hospital and unable to pay for the hosting.

He put up a post with his banking details asking if anyone was able to contribute...
Old Oct 22, 2018, 9:30 am

Programs: none
Not sure what you mean by keeping a log of all flights. I travel quite often due to work that technical details regarding my flight doesn't concern me anymore. But on a similar note, I do keep track of my the places I travel still by writing them down on my website. I found a free website builder which is hPage.com some years ago and I have been tracking my travels there (kinda like a journal) including pictures, highlights of the trip, and dates travelled for a few years now. I have it on private mood though since I'm not really a blogger type of person. Have everything digital now due to my lifestyle. Thank goodness for the World Wide Web and its software apps!
Old Oct 25, 2018, 6:23 am

Programs: Air Canada 50K - Hilton Diamond - Marriott Platinum
cool just found myflightradar didn't know they had it. i have always used App in the Air on iOS or Android it works really well and is a nice app
Old Oct 29, 2018, 6:59 pm
formerly skyccord

Programs: United Premier Platinum, Hertz President Circle, Marriott/SPG Premier Plat Elite, Avis Preferred
Call me old school, but I just use an Excel sheet. I think I actually found the template on this site.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 4:46 pm

Programs: SPG, MR, WOH, HH, IHG
Spreadsheet

I have a spreadsheet that record all my flights, hotel stays, car rentals. I also track and record my every drives/flights/rides/etc with some apps (World Uncovered, Fog of World) and google location reporting. I've been doing this for 4 years and total distance tracked so far is somewhere around 2 million km. My goal is hitting 40 million km but I'm not sure I can do within my lifetime.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 8:35 pm
Suspended

I use flight diary as I find it easy to use to maintain the record.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 11:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Virgin Red, HH Silver, SPG Gold, Priority Pass,
Any way to export from TripIt to use in FD?

sahajesh
Old Nov 13, 2018, 5:24 am

Programs: AA EP (life Gold), Global Entry, TSA Pre-Check, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by sahajesh
Any way to export from TripIt to use in FD?

sahajesh
yes, instructions to do so are on the FD site. go to https://my.flightradar24.com/settings/connections, create the connection to TripIt, etc.
sahajesh likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Back in 2009, I started with Flight Memory, though found it to be pretty clunky. A few years later, I exported all of my flights to OpenFlights and have been using it ever since. I also keep a spreadsheet which is more for EQD and RDM calculation, given how poor some of the airline IT infrastructure is.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 3:40 pm

I use my photos, currently on Flickr and Google Photos.

My approach is this: At the start of every flight, I photograph the boarding pass sitting on top of the plane safety manual, so I have a clear record of where I was, where I went, on what day, and what kind of plane I took.

I also do this for any kind of train ticket, event ticket, entering museums, concerts, and other venues. It's super useful for organizing my photos afterward, and provides a clear record.

This habit also helped me a lot for work purposes. Due to security background checks, I needed proof that I had entered South Korea. And South Korea does not stamp your passport, they give you a separate small paper certificate to confirm your entry. Fortunately I went through my old photos, and as per my habit, I had taken a photo of the South Korean certificate.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 6:39 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Amtrak, Air France, Qantas, United, Virgin Velocity
Oh no! That's not good news. Do you have a link?
Old Feb 2, 2019, 6:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Plat, VS Gold, UA Plat, VX Gold (RIP), AS MVP 75K, Starriot Plat, Hertz President's Circle
Any update on JetItUp?

I'd really like to be able to at least retrieve the data I had with them. Sad they disappeared.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.