Wiki Posts
Search

Free App For Anxious Fliers

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2014, 10:31 am
Original Poster

Free App For Anxious Fliers

Hi SanDiego1K

A few months ago, my developer put the finishing touches on what is clearly the best app (free or paid) for anxious fliers.

Of all the things that trouble anxious fliers, turbulence is number one. It doesn't have to be that way. This free app includes a G-force meter which measures the force of turbulence on the plane and, if you choose, graphs it. It is easy to see that the plane is never anywhere near its capabilities.

It also helps the anxious flier to stay within their capabilities because, when you see a scientific readout of of the actual forces, it becomes impossible to make a common mistake in which slight lightheadedness (at, say 0.8 Gs) is mistaken for the plane falling out of the sky (free fall would be zero Gs).

The second biggest concern is weather. The app has links to weather info.

Also included are tips to use to control anxiety before the flight and throughout the flight.

The Apple app for iPhone and iPad is rated 5 stars (highest other app is 3). It is titled "SOAR Conquers Fear of Flying" and either search for that or go to https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/soar-conquers-fear-of-flying/id679631730?mt=8

The Android app is rated at 4.2 (other fear of flying apps are rated 1.0 to 2.0) The title is " Fear of Flying - SOAR. Search for that or go to https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...4978.app238195

Please include this free app in your list of tools.
Capt Tom Bunn LCSW

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.