FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Travel Tools (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools-701/)
-   -   Economical Excursionist's Tools to compare Frequent Flyer Mile Redemptions (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools/1568644-economical-excursionists-tools-compare-frequent-flyer-mile-redemptions.html)

HighFive Apr 15, 2014 3:05 pm

This is freaking awesome! Huge thank you for taking the time to get this together, what a useful tool for everyone! Thanks again!!!

sorjai Apr 26, 2014 1:45 pm

this is a pretty neat tool! It'll help me save some time in determining which frequent flier program to use! Only issue I noticed is that when I put in my first city and I hit the tab button (I'm a keyboard guy, faster that way =D), the input goes away. Same thing goes with the destination. I'd actually have to hit enter and wait for the auto-complete to come up with the options before I can select. Is there a way to make it slightly more convenient by having it just use the airport code I entered in or maybe the first option?

Other than that, nifty!

lurkgoddess Apr 26, 2014 7:08 pm

I likes, I likes. Golden cool points to the OP!

ichindar Apr 27, 2014 6:19 am

Agreed - awesome job so far! Will use this :)

farbster Apr 28, 2014 10:19 am

I usually don't just post to say what everyone else has said, but....

great job! this seems to be very useful and must have taken a lot of work.

Mrmrpotatohead Apr 29, 2014 12:38 am

This is amazing!

What would need to be done to add LAN and Qantas?

HiYoSilver Apr 30, 2014 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by HighFive (Post 22709807)
This is freaking awesome! Huge thank you for taking the time to get this together, what a useful tool for everyone! Thanks again!!!

+1

glynot May 25, 2014 12:41 am

Just saw this, very cool. One suggestion would be to enable filtering or selecting only certain airlines on the Routes tab - say if I wanted to avoid BA when using AA miles because of the YQ.

JDiver May 26, 2014 3:52 pm

Very nicely done! Thanks for sharing. ^

HiYoSilver May 31, 2014 6:09 am

Originally Posted by JDiver (Post 22928372)
Very nicely done! Thanks for sharing. ^

+1

cruisr Oct 10, 2014 3:10 pm

Just found this. Excellent tool.

Thunderroad Oct 26, 2014 11:08 am

I just came across this via a mention in another thread. Quite useful! I haven't played around with it much yet, but the valuable features seem to include award routings I hadn't been aware of for certain exotic destinations.

Thanks for putting it together!

nomii Oct 26, 2014 8:01 pm

This tool just saved me over $500 so I can't thank you enough!

Basically I was about to buy a KUL-CMB-KHI roundtrip flight with cash ($600ish), because surely I don't have enough Srilankan miles so why even bother trying for miles.

One quick check on this tool told me that I can have that flight for a mere 25k USAirways points (which I easily got through signup bonus).

Much love <3

Please add Delta Skymiles and it will make this tool PERFECT :) :) :)

Thunderroad Oct 27, 2014 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by noamaan (Post 23740475)
Please add Delta Skymiles and it will make this tool PERFECT :) :) :)

I'd even go beyond this to request that you include all the SkyTeam partners if possible, or at least the major ones (such as Korean and Air France) since awards on them can be booked by transferring points from such popular programs as Chase Ultimate Rewards or American Express Membership Rewards.

Your already very useful tool will be even more so if you can manage to expand it in this way.

Regardless, thanks again for building and sharing this!

qmiro Oct 30, 2014 2:11 am

This is fricking awesome.