Wiki Posts
Search

Looking to Hire Help for Awards Booking

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2013, 7:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, SWA Styrofoam, Marriott Rew, SPG, HHonors
Looking to Hire Help for Awards Booking

I've seen some Travel Pro blogs where services were offered at a rate of $200-ish or $75 per hour to book Skymiles front cabin travel at reasonable rates. Foolishly, I didn't bookmark those sites.
I'm one of those who stockpiled miles and currently have a million on hand (apparently, again foolishly).
Thanks for any suggestions or directions to find capable, reliable assistance to get the most bang for my miles for new reservations.

MrDonut
Old Mar 9, 2013, 8:55 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
I'm willing to bet some of our FT members (who ARE in fact experts) would be willing to help you for less than that.

Some maybe free...but I'd at least throw a $50-$100 gift card in the mail to them as a token of appreciation.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 9:34 pm

Brett Snyder, writer of the Cranky Flyer blog, also operates Cranky Concierge, which offers flight booking assistance, among other things. I haven't personally tried the services, though I have met Brett in person. http://crankyconcierge.com/
Old Mar 9, 2013, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
http://bookyouraward.com/
Old Mar 9, 2013, 10:28 pm

Programs: DL PM, AMEX Plat
http://www.awardbookingservice.com/
Old Mar 9, 2013, 11:16 pm
Community Director Emerita

Here is a lengthy list of those who provide award booking services:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...ices-list.html
Old Mar 9, 2013, 11:52 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by 355F1
I'm willing to bet some of our FT members (who ARE in fact experts) would be willing to help you for less than that.
Agreed. You may want to start by posting where you are traveling from, where you want to go, how many, what class, and when (with any flexibility).
Old Mar 10, 2013, 3:35 am

Programs: DL - DM, Charter KM; Marriott Ambassador
I'd like to give it a shot (at no charge) for the practice. I'm certainly not the most experienced but I bet there are others here in the same boat as me...
Old Mar 10, 2013, 7:31 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by 355F1

Some maybe free...but I'd at least throw a $50-$100 gift card in the mail to them as a token of appreciation.
+2^

Seems FTers are usually up to a good challenge. However, you may also hear from a small contingent that will probably call you a freeloader. Such is the nature of our happy family here on FT.

Av8n
Old Mar 10, 2013, 8:24 am

Practice

I too, would like to practice. Especially would like to compare what I find with the experts. See if I am anywhere in the same neighborhood as they with the results.

Can you post what your are looking for??
Old Mar 10, 2013, 8:33 am

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
PointsPros did an excellent job recently for me, booking biz-class award travel from USA to Zurich by way of Mongolia. Due to some unusual travel constraints on my part, this was a rather challenging assignment, but Jimmy figured it all out in just a couple of days and got it ticketed using 90K US Air miles.

I assume he is equally capable of working with Skymiles.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 8:54 am

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Pricing such a service would be difficult at best. Last US Airways award booking involved some 20 hours of advance effort, 6 phone calls and 4 hours on the phone. Last Delta award booking involved 15 hours of advance effort, 10 phone calls, and 6 hours on the phone. Last United award booking involved some 10 hours advance effort, 6 phone calls and 4 hours on the phone. And all of which involved endless schedule changes and phone calls after the initial booking. Knowledge of the process is equally valuable after the booking due to the schedule changes, intended or unintended schedules changes.

But the US Airways award booking included Swiss in First to India and back, the Delta award booking included business class for two on Korean Air to Seoul and back, and the United award booking included Lufthansa in First.

Last edited by view-with-a-room; Mar 10, 2013 at 9:09 am
Old Mar 10, 2013, 9:10 am

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by view-with-a-room

But the US Airways award booking included Swiss in First to India and back...
Not to stray off topic, but how long ago was this? Swiss doesn't appear to release any First to US/UA as far as I know.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM HH Gold, Marriot Titanium
MrDonut, You will get ample amounts of free help if you provide the group here with some more detail. Booking awards can be extremely difficult, but we can provide you with some assistance if we have any clue as to what you're looking for.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 2:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
My impression is that some of the award booking sites are more knowledgable about some FF programs or alliances than other ones. I would expect the results to be better with an outfit that has lots of experience in booking DL or SkyTeam awards if the OP still wants to try the paid route.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.