Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 11, 2019, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Apparently is not being maintained.

awardmapper.com

Shows hotels by points but does not show availability.
Print Wikipost

Search for hotel awards by geography?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2013, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

Search for hotel awards by geography?

Let's say I want to go to Italy, and I have points with a number of airlines. There are some services out there that will let you search airfare and price out the ticket in terms of miles as well as dollars.

Is there a comparable site for hotels? Can I say, "I have Marriott, SPG, and Hilton points, and I want to go to Rome", or whatever, and it will tell me every property there? It's kind of tedious to search every chain.

If there isn't, can one of you tech-savvy people invest one? Thanks!
Old Jan 22, 2013, 4:18 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by crimson12
Let's say I want to go to Italy, and I have points with a number of airlines. There are some services out there that will let you search airfare and price out the ticket in terms of miles as well as dollars.

Is there a comparable site for hotels? Can I say, "I have Marriott, SPG, and Hilton points, and I want to go to Rome", or whatever, and it will tell me every property there? It's kind of tedious to search every chain.

If there isn't, can one of you tech-savvy people invest one? Thanks!
One option is:
http://hotelmagician.com/interactive_hotel_maps/

There are others.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:40 pm

there probably isnt much bc hotels don't really sell out bar some convention, etc...If you have hotel points and the city has hotels, you'll find something. I've had no problem at the olympics, hawaii during new years, etc...so there really isn't much money to be made. If you're looking at a place like Rome, you're going to have options with all or almost all the chains.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 12:50 am
Original Poster

Maybe I wasn't clear. I don't see how selling out has anything to do with it.

If I want to stay in Rome, I have to go to Hilton's page, then I have to search Starwood's page, then I have to search Marriott's page, etc. If you want to stay at a paid hotel room, you could search expedia and search them all at once. My question is, if you want to search multiple hotel brands for an AWARD redemption, is there a way to do that?

Just to give another example, I'm going to Peru. Does Marriott have a hotel in peru? Does Starwood? Where? Etc. Instead of searching 3, 4, 5 websites, it would be nice if I could search one.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 12:53 am

I got that, that's why I said because it's easy to get reservations and there isn't much money in this, you will probably see very few tools for hotel mapping.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 2:54 am

Hipmunk also provides a way to search for hotels geographically. I don't know of a tool for searching geographically that will provide hotel award redemption rates, too. As far as I know, you have to use hipmunk or hotel magician to find a chain's hotels in an area, then search the hotels' website to find out the redemption rates
Old Jan 23, 2013, 3:21 am

Programs: All of 'em
This would be a great tool.
For example, I'm trying to search for hotels in the Zion national park region. I have no way of figuring out what chains are there unless I chk each website. Expecially since that area is mainly smaller chains.
If I new of every chain w/ s/t in the area, it would be helpful.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 3:49 am

what about trip advisor/yelp? it will list all hotels by area and you can narrow by chain on the side filter
Old Jan 23, 2013, 4:31 am

Obviously there are a variety of tools for finding which hotel chains serve a city/region. Finding reward redemptions will still require looking at each chain's website, because as far as I know, each chain requires you to log onto your account with them in order to redeem your points. Also search engines like hotelmagician, hipmunk, etc. make money by the commissions they receive on bookings. There is no commission for award bookings.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Yeah. I don't even need to redeem through the website. It would even be helpful if they'd list the hotels, location, and category (and say, "Starwood category X goes for Y thousand points per night). Then you'd click through and log in to your account to make the redemption.

This strikes me as similar to, say milewise. How do they make money? Couldn't the hotel version of milewise do the same thing?
Old Aug 18, 2013, 11:39 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
I know I could check on Hyatt's website, but I thought HotelMagician would just show a map with different hotels, and the cost of each in points.
Old Aug 18, 2013, 11:53 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by agp423
I know I could check on Hyatt's website, but I thought HotelMagician would just show a map with different hotels, and the cost of each in points.
AwardMapper does that.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 11:49 am

Booking hotels with points - centralized search site? [AwardMapper]

When I stay at hotels, I usually book with points. I currently have active accounts with Club Carlson, Starwood Preferred Guest, and Hilton HHonors. Booking these stays can be a slightly tedious process, because I need to separately visit the Carlson, Starwood, and Hilton sites to see what hotels are near my destination, toggle over to a separate site to read reviews, break out a calculator to convert the points to dollar values, etc.

Is there a travel site along the lines of Kayak that allows you to filter your search results by hotel loyalty program? (So, not just search for all Hilton hotels, but all hotels in the Hilton HHonors alliance?) It would be spectacular (though unlikely, I know) if the travel site in question also allowed you to see how many points each hotel is going for, included reviews, etc.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Old Mar 26, 2014, 6:59 pm

Please try using http://www.awardmapper.com/
Old Mar 27, 2014, 9:32 am
Company Representative, AwardMapper

Feel free to give feedback, I created the site for exactly the purpose you described.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.