Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search Consolidated Information and Help Thread

ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search Consolidated Information and Help Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 16, 19, 9:20 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: TWA884
Wiki Link
ITA Matrix Search: http://matrix.itasoftware.com

You can sometimes see flights, fares and detailed fare rules that may not be reflected on an airline's website. Please read the thread for some tips and tricks, screen shots, etc.

A related thread, ITA-Matrix-PowerTools - Userscript for Orbitz/DL/UA/AA/BA/CZ/IB/LA/LH/LX/TK, discusses a user script which is maintained by fellow flyertalk members to enhance the already powerful Matrix of ITA Software by providing new features and booking links.

Additional details and tips on the use of ITA's advanced routing code feature can be found in the following long-standing Mileage Run Discussion threads:

Print Wikipost

Old Mar 12, 18, 11:29 am
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
Thank you Globaliser, does seem to be an issue with married-segment logic.

EDIT: See below

Last edited by caGALINDO; Mar 12, 18 at 11:59 am
Old Mar 12, 18, 11:56 am

Programs: AA (current EXP, occasional PLT, 0MM); UA; DL
Originally Posted by caGALINDO View Post

Please help
This ticket has come up for a few days on ITA Matrix but I can't find it on any booking site. Any ideas?
My only guess is it must be booked from a certain country?

You can purchase this ticket, not surprisingly, at qatarairways.com.

Use multi-city search: first flight IST-DOH on 7/19 and second flight DOH-CNX also on 7/19.

From search results, select flights QR240 and QR922 respectively.

Hit Continue, etc.
Old Mar 12, 18, 12:04 pm
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC

aktchi you're right, it just wasn't showing up direct to CNX. I was playing around further with this & also found it bookable another way.

ITA Matrix Powertools > Click through to Kayak > Click through to Qatar website
Future reference for anyone else.

Thanks

EDIT: Seems fare still isn't bookable, after entering passenger information on Qatar site it throws an error.
- We are unable to confirm the fare for the flights you have selected. Please choose a different fare or flights and resubmit your request. (15012 - 421)

EDIT 2: There seems to be a lot of throwaway ticket deals from Europe > Asia (CNX - Final dest.) > Random City on Qatar. I found one that I could actually book for $280 with a "stopover" in CNX then continue to Yerevan. Just to CNX it's pricing at $500+

Last edited by caGALINDO; Mar 12, 18 at 5:44 pm
Old Mar 15, 18, 4:41 pm

Programs: UA Plat; Marriott Gold; SPG Gold; Hyatt Gold; Hertz Gold
I'm looking to book a set of flights YVR-AKL-BNE-YVR-BWI-YVR. I'd like to stay on *A but it doesn't have to be a specific airline. Is there a way to specify the YVR-AKL and BNE-YVR flights to be in premium economy, but the remainder can be in Y? I don't think I can specify fare classes since PE may be different classes depending on the airline. Is there a +CABIN code for PE?

Last edited by silver_halide; Mar 15, 18 at 11:18 pm Reason: Wrong code for Auckland
Old Mar 18, 18, 4:17 am

I'd appreciate any help, I have what I would think is a very straightforward itinerary that I can't pull up on SU's website. I can find individual flight availability and can book it as a multi-city, but if I try to book as a one way GUW-GYD it is returning no availability on SU or OTA websites. I'm hesitant to book it as a multi city as we will have checked bags - I'm curious if anyone has any idea why this wouldn't be returning? I've read the fare rules and it doesn't appear that there are any restrictions that should control this. Have tried booking through the US, Russia and 'Other' (Kazakhstan).

Old Mar 18, 18, 5:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Productivity View Post
I'd appreciate any help, I have what I would think is a very straightforward itinerary that I can't pull up on SU's website. I can find individual flight availability and can book it as a multi-city, but if I try to book as a one way GUW-GYD it is returning no availability on SU or OTA websites. I'm hesitant to book it as a multi city as we will have checked bags - I'm curious if anyone has any idea why this wouldn't be returning? I've read the fare rules and it doesn't appear that there are any restrictions that should control this. Have tried booking through the US, Russia and 'Other' (Kazakhstan).
Plenty of options through OTAs via Kayak and Momondo: https://www.kayak.co.uk/flights/GUW-...t=bestflight_a
and
https://www.momondo.co.uk/flightsear...false&NA=false
Old Mar 18, 18, 6:40 am

Odd I tried both of them. Very strange.
Old Mar 27, 18, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Is ITA having problems seeing BA G class availability?

BA has weekend day trip fares to short-haul destinations that (unusually for BA) book into G class.

ITA can see the fares, because a search for these with the availability checker switched off will return trips that are priced using these fares. However, when the availability checker is switched on, nothing is being returned even on days on which ExpertFlyer and ba.com show that these G class fares are available.

One obvious possible explanation is that for some reason ITA is not currently seeing BA G class availability. This would, however, be a change because ITA used to be a reliable way of identifying these fares when they are offered and available.

Last edited by Globaliser; Feb 27, 19 at 8:56 am
Old Mar 27, 18, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Does LHR-AMS-LHR on the same day invoke married-segment logic?
Old Mar 27, 18, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Calchas View Post
Does LHR-AMS-LHR on the same day invoke married-segment logic?
I can't see any reason why it would, because AMS is not a X point but the destination. But even if it did, I don't think that this wouldn't adversely affect this sample itinerary because ba.com will happily book it.
Old Apr 5, 18, 7:37 pm

Programs: Tesco Clubcard, Heathrow Rewards, M&S Sparks, Caffè Nero, HSBC rewards... BAEC defector
ITA Matrix glitch?

Hi, I don't know whether someone has seen this before - couldn't find anything definite on Google search - and if someone has a solution it'd be great. I was searching fares KUL-(xxx)-LHR return, or the other way (didn't really matter whether my ticket started in LHR or KUL return), but that's not really the point.

The thing I noticed was that if I just put in KUL-LHR and left out advanced routing codes, but gave it unlimited number of stops, the cheapest business class fare returned as USD 2597 with Thai through BKK. However, if I were to put in KUL-LHR, and in advanced routing codes X:MCT, I got a fare of USD 2584 with Oman Air (without the X:MCT, the Oman Air flights would be USD 3445). I tried with a few other airlines, such as QR through DOH and EK through DXB, but had no problems there - the fares were the same regardless of whether I forced the connection through with advanced routing codes.

Is this a known glitch, and is there a workaround? (Other than double-checking all these fares every time for every airline). Thanks!
Old Apr 6, 18, 12:04 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
I would say this is simply the usual problem with the query timing out and ITA Matrix returning the results it has found thus far.

Btw, what does “X:MCT” stand for? Is that equivalent to just writing “MCT”?
Old Apr 6, 18, 5:12 am

Yes it is.
Old Apr 6, 18, 5:14 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Thanks.

How can you search for a flight with a specific airline, excluding a specific flight?
"UA,~UA1234" is not accepted.
Old Apr 7, 18, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory View Post
Thanks.

How can you search for a flight with a specific airline, excluding a specific flight?
"UA,~UA1234" is not accepted.
Probably not the prettiest, but "UA0-1233,UA1235-9999" worked for me.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: