Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

Kayak Consolidated Information and Help Thread

Kayak Consolidated Information and Help Thread

Old Jan 24, 20, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by allain View Post
It happens to me from time to time. I use both Kayak and Tripit and they check my inbox for content. Sometimes Tripit finds it immediately, sometimes not.
The same thing happens with Kayak. It could be a sporadic issue with Gmail.
I've tried resetting the inbox sync, but it didn't help.
Tugging this thread forward, since my last post (in September, it looks like), I have not had a single Delta confirmation automatically pull from Gmail to Kayak. Everything else works fine - usually within minutes, but if not then within a couple hours. Hilton, Marriott, National, Hertz, Southwest, AA...all of them get pulled over fine. Heck, even a couple AY confirmations got picked up. Delta is the only one that Kayak doesn't scrape over.

It's easy enough to just forward them, just mildly annoying.
Old Jan 27, 20, 6:19 am

Programs: QRPC
Anyone has an idea what happened to kayak.eu ? is it still somewhere available? It was possible to use this website to get the result of all kinds of European OTAs so the price was always cheaper than just using the local kayak website. Now it's just redirecting to the local website or suggesting kayak.com which is the US version...
Old Mar 6, 20, 11:32 am

I am facing a problem with the app. I use it to get notifications on flight delays, gate changes, etc but since I updated my phone to Android 10, the notifications have stopped. None of the app settings have been changed and I have also done the uninstall / re-install. Any suggestions?
Old Jun 8, 20, 10:36 am

Programs: TudoAzul Diamante, Smiles Diamante, Latam Gold
Kayak used to have an option to check all the flights that depart from a specific airport, the link was written like this: kayak.com/direct/YYY where YYY is the IATA code for the airport you wanted to see the flights. Today I checked this link and it shows a 404 error code. Anyone knows what happened?
Old Jul 22, 20, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Does Kayak now force a mobile user to log in before using the app? Initial page now says "KAYAK is better when you sign in" and "we made a small change to help you get more from the app"

Then 5 different sign in options - Apple, email, FB, Google, booking.com. Nothing that says "use without signing in"

Am I missing something?

EDIT: Confirmed with chat they now force you to provide contact and marketing info to use the app. It's no longer on my phone.
Old Jul 31, 20, 7:35 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
I am having problems with KAYAK not searching all hotels. For example Paris 4/6 for 1 night (other dates are an issue as well). Hilton, Marriott and Intercontineal brands do not show up. I have verified that no filters are on but it looks like only independent hotels (and a few ACCOR hotels) are showing up. The hotels show on other sites (for example Priceline which is also owned by the same company, bookings holdings, as owns Kayak) I checked other destinations in France and also in the US for those dates and it seems to works fine.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: