Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

Kayak Consolidated Information and Help Thread

Kayak Consolidated Information and Help Thread

Old Mar 26, 2016, 5:01 am

Programs: OnePass, Delta
Originally Posted by dgold105
I've been using the Kayak Direct service (www.kayak.com/direct) for flight research for a long time now. In the last few days it know longer seems to be there and diverts to a flight map. Has anyone found a way to get to the old Kayak Direct service or an alternate service? I know of flightconnections.com but this is also a map.
I have no problems accessing it. Try again, if still having challenges, clear your cache and reboot.

Good luck..
Old Mar 27, 2016, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by dgold105
I've been using the Kayak Direct service (www.kayak.com/direct) for flight research for a long time now. In the last few days it know longer seems to be there and diverts to a flight map. Has anyone found a way to get to the old Kayak Direct service or an alternate service? I know of flightconnections.com but this is also a map.
Same problem here, I get a map view now and its not correct
Old Apr 13, 2016, 4:40 am

http://info.flightmapper.net/airport/HSV lists all destinations from an airport. However, cargo only and multistop same flightnumber services are displayed too. (Mostly an American thing though)
Old Apr 14, 2016, 2:36 am

kayak.com/direct seems to be back ^
Old Jun 13, 2016, 1:00 pm

Reproduce kayak search on delta?

Today I found a flight on Kayak on Delta, clicking through I was taken to Delta's website and it allowed me to book this flight including a 20 hour layover. When I go to Delta and search myself, this route will not appear. Is there a trick I am missing?
Old Jun 13, 2016, 3:39 pm

Programs: BAEC, IB+, TAM multi+
Originally Posted by cubs87
Today I found a flight on Kayak on Delta, clicking through I was taken to Delta's website and it allowed me to book this flight including a 20 hour layover. When I go to Delta and search myself, this route will not appear. Is there a trick I am missing?
Try to book it as a multi city.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 11:28 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Delta Gold, Alaska 75K, United & American nobody b/c who'd ever fly them
Kayak calendar feed update delays

It seems to take a LONG time for my Kayak calendar feed to update. Anyone here know how often it's supposed to update?

I'm aware you can manually refresh the link in Kayak's Trips Settings. But every time you do, you get a new a link, which means I have to manually remove the old one from my calendar, manually add in the new one, and then send the new link to any staff, family members, etc. who also used the old one and ask that they also delete the old calendar and add in the new one. Dumb design!
Old Apr 17, 2017, 10:52 am

Programs: CarlsonGold,HHDiamond, SPGGold,ChoiceGold, *Silver, WNCompanionPass, ASMVPGold, HyattDiamond,IHGPlat
54-hour domestic layover on Kayak.com?

I've never seen this before. A simple domestic search, CMH-JFK, had a top choice of a 54-hour layover in DCA. I've never seen this before. Is this a new feature?
Attached Images  
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:15 pm

Is it possible for a flight to be available on Kayak but not on the airline's site?

I am wondering if it is possible for a flight to be available on Kayak (through CheapoAir), but not on the airlines web site?
In my situation I am trying to book Philippine Airlines 659 on 18 August 2017. Kayak indicates a flight is available through CheapOair, but when I go to do a comparison with the Philippine Airlines their webpage sends the following message:

"Seats may have been SOLD OUT for your preferred flight itinerary. Please modify your search criteria and try again.
No flights found according to your search criteria. Please try again."

Is this normal, or am I missing something?

Thanks.

TKM
Old Jul 7, 2017, 9:45 am

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
Did Kayak dump the flexible (+-3 days) functionality? Haven't used the site for a while, but looks redone and I can't seem to find any way to search +-3 days anymore.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 10:44 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by flyaxa
Did Kayak dump the flexible (+-3 days) functionality? Haven't used the site for a while, but looks redone and I can't seem to find any way to search +-3 days anymore.
Take a look at this thread:
Old Jul 7, 2017, 10:49 am

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
Thanks! Did a search but did not find that.
Old May 22, 2018, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Kayak Trips Sync Issues?

I've been using Kayak Trips for several years and it's been 95% amazing. Have had Email Sync set up with my Gmail account so that booking receipts get pulled in without me even having to forward them.

But in the past week or so, it seems like the sync has gotten less reliable, and in the past few days none of the flight/hotel bookings I've made have gotten pulled in, even after waiting 12+ hours. I can manually forward them and they show up, but I don't get the usual confirmation "We've added your trip receipt" email back from Kayak. These are all standard bookings from Delta, Marriott, etc.

Anyone else having similar issues or ideas? I had no idea how much I'd come to rely on things just magically getting pulled into Kayak!
Old Sep 20, 2019, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Kayak Trips Gmail Sync

I use Kayak Trips to organize and track my travel.

Mine is set up where it can access my Gmail inbox and automatically pull in travel bookings, so I don't have to manually forward the emails.

However lately, it seems hit or miss as to whether it actually captures the emails. Booked a trip last week, everything showed up in Kayak within minutes. Booked a trip today (flight/car/hotel - all direct with Delta/Marriott/National) and the confirmations are sitting in my Gmail inbox, but 2 hours later nothing is picked up by Kayak.

Anyone else experiencing this? It's almost like there are times that Kayak doesn't poll Gmail, and then by the time it does it thinks the confirmations are old and doesn't scrape them in.

I've checked my Google account/access settings and Kayak is properly authorized, plus the issue tends to happen off and on so I don't think it's that Kayak is unable to access my Gmail. It just sometimes doesn't do it.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 6:11 am

Programs: Miles & More SEN
It happens to me from time to time. I use both Kayak and Tripit and they check my inbox for content. Sometimes Tripit finds it immediately, sometimes not.
The same thing happens with Kayak. It could be a sporadic issue with Gmail.
I've tried resetting the inbox sync, but it didn't help.
gooselee likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.