Kayak Consolidated Information and Help Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kayak Consolidated Information and Help Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2013, 8:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP
any tool let you put airline(like AA) only? I see farecompare has the function but after I choose AA, it still shows the lowest fares from all airlines
Old Aug 22, 2013, 9:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ILAZXFE
any tool let you put airline(like AA) only? I see farecompare has the function but after I choose AA, it still shows the lowest fares from all airlines
Assuming you're departing from a US airport, Google Flights lets you do this...
Old May 21, 2014, 4:19 pm

Kayak Pro (iOS) is free right now

App Store free app of the week.
Old May 21, 2014, 8:47 pm

Programs: Flying and sleeping
Thanks for posting. What does Pro do that regular does not?
Old May 21, 2014, 10:38 pm

No ads.
Old May 21, 2014, 11:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Sure, why not?

Thanks, OP.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 8:41 pm

Angry Kayak no longer go-to for BRG's

I have used Kayak successfully for the past 2-3 years as my one-stop for monitoring prices for BRG's. I set up my e-mail alerts for for the hotels and dates I was traveling and then would run a quick check daily on these alerts to see if I had a BRG opportunity.

I could do this because Kayak would list the prices for the various OTA and also the hotel itself. Vary simple quick for what I needed. Additionally, Kayak recognized the chains I preferred and listed those hotels first in any searches I did.

NOw the new hotel search function looks like one of the major OTA's, I can't figure out which one. No more list of prices for various OTA's to determine if I get the best prices, no more listing of my preferred chains so no more using Kayak as my BRG site.

Did Kayak sell out to another OTA?

Anyone have a recommendation for a site which I could use to replace Kayak for my BRG monitoring ?
Old Jun 8, 2015, 9:05 pm

I use ITA.

https://www.itasoftware.com/travelers/
Old Jun 8, 2015, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by wanderlustoz
Yes I use ITA for flights as well but used Kayak for hotels.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 5:48 am

Programs: BA blue, LH Senator, KQ (FB) gold
Kayak App for iPad - Premium Flight Search

If you search for a premium class flight, the App doesn't tell you the class of service for each individual flight. For example, I just searched for a flight from Washington to Frankfurt in First. The responses show a great bargain - round trip for less than 4k. Nowhere does it tell you that the legs in First are only the domestic legs and that the longhaul is at best in business, and may be economy. Any way around this, or do I hope Kayak is monitoring this forum and sees my complaint.

It's clear the longhaul isn't F because it's on an airline which doesn't offer F.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 8:24 am

You could send them some feedback here: http://www.kayak.com/help or post your issues in a review in the iTunes App Store.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 9:25 am

Programs: BA blue, LH Senator, KQ (FB) gold
Originally Posted by rts123
You could send them some feedback here: http://www.kayak.com/help or post your issues in a review in the iTunes App Store.
Thanks for that. I went to the app store and could find reviews, but not how to post them. I will go to Kayak.com help and post there.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Let's move this to travel tools, where it should get some more attention
Old Aug 3, 2015, 2:15 pm

I hate the new Kayak blue for hotel rooms

Hi all, anyone knows if its possible to use the old kayak.com website when searching for hotel rooms? It always redirects me to the new kayak blue and it has less ways to filter to search for BRGs..... thanks
Old Mar 25, 2016, 10:04 pm

Kayak Direct no longer working

I've been using the Kayak Direct service (www.kayak.com/direct) for flight research for a long time now. In the last few days it know longer seems to be there and diverts to a flight map. Has anyone found a way to get to the old Kayak Direct service or an alternate service? I know of flightconnections.com but this is also a map.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.