Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

[Awardtravelr] Search for *A/ST/OW awards online for free UPDATE: OW not working

[Awardtravelr] Search for *A/ST/OW awards online for free UPDATE: OW not working

Old Apr 14, 2012, 1:36 am
Community Director Emerita

Heads up that United.com is showing false positives for LH F availability. A search on Awardtravelr showed LH F for two separate flights. United agent agreed that their website showed the flights but they were not available. This issue has been discussed quite a bit in the United forum. Unfortunately, when it comes to LH availability, it's important to check ANA.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 2:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Heads up that United.com is showing false positives for LH F availability. A search on Awardtravelr showed LH F for two separate flights. United agent agreed that their website showed the flights but they were not available. This issue has been discussed quite a bit in the United forum. Unfortunately, when it comes to LH availability, it's important to check ANA.
Yep, we're aware of the problem. We're allowing users the flights by which search engine (ANA/UA/AC) very soon.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 2:57 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
great little tool, but I noticed a bug with the dates...
It shows 2012 Days of the Week (aka Saturday) for the 2013 values...
for example

Fri, Mar 2 JFK to LAX (Non-Stop) is being shown as a Friday when March 2, 2013 is actually a Saturday.

Other than that, great little tool!!
Old Apr 15, 2012, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

Bug has been fixed. Also, we've pushed out several more improvements to the UI. Hope u guys like it!

Originally Posted by jfkeze
great little tool, but I noticed a bug with the dates...
It shows 2012 Days of the Week (aka Saturday) for the 2013 values...
for example

Fri, Mar 2 JFK to LAX (Non-Stop) is being shown as a Friday when March 2, 2013 is actually a Saturday.

Other than that, great little tool!!
Old Apr 15, 2012, 2:52 pm
Community Director Emerita

I'm enjoying your tool.

I just tried a SAN-NYC search. It wouldn't accept NYC, so I put in JFK. But it returned EWR. What are the changes of getting it to accept the generic city codes when indeed any of the airports would suit?
Old Apr 15, 2012, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

We're working on it. Right now we have a list of airports that we're going to add into the system soon - so stay tuned!

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I'm enjoying your tool.

I just tried a SAN-NYC search. It wouldn't accept NYC, so I put in JFK. But it returned EWR. What are the changes of getting it to accept the generic city codes when indeed any of the airports would suit?
Old Apr 17, 2012, 9:40 am

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Plat; no plans for chasing any more airline status.
Wahoo!

Great tool!

First, praise:
-OW and *A functions are great!
-UI is perfect
-Runs smoothly, quickly
-Fast, easy to use

Downside:
-With very few exceptions, basically has zero functionality for ST. There are so many partner flights but only two or three of them show up (regardless of what else is available). I understand it's because those other partners don't show themselves on the AF site (or on DL either), but nonetheless - it's still slightly frustrating.

Other than that one negative point, I'd say this is among the greatest inventions since the Sham-Wow Seriously though, I love it - the website, not Sham-Wow
Old Apr 17, 2012, 12:32 pm

Programs: AA, SPG
Holy crap this is awesome. The +7 feature is really helpful and found awesome F tix CX nonstop to HKG. Too bad I can't go next week. When you search for 2 people, does it only looks for flights with 2 awards available?

Last edited by Tony3021990; Apr 17, 2012 at 12:39 pm
Old Apr 17, 2012, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tony3021990
Holy crap this is awesome. The +7 feature is really helpful and found awesome F tix CX nonstop to HKG. Too bad I can't go next week. When you search for 2 people, does it only looks for flights with 2 awards available?
Yes it does currently.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for your comments. We're working to expand our ST and OW offerings as well as offer searches for several other more niche airlines

Originally Posted by ariyo15
Great tool!

First, praise:
-OW and *A functions are great!
-UI is perfect
-Runs smoothly, quickly
-Fast, easy to use

Downside:
-With very few exceptions, basically has zero functionality for ST. There are so many partner flights but only two or three of them show up (regardless of what else is available). I understand it's because those other partners don't show themselves on the AF site (or on DL either), but nonetheless - it's still slightly frustrating.

Other than that one negative point, I'd say this is among the greatest inventions since the Sham-Wow Seriously though, I love it - the website, not Sham-Wow
Old Apr 18, 2012, 12:02 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Lingering BA/OW issues?

Originally Posted by jyflyer
I will look into this. We're getting our information from BA - so this is weird. Rest assured that accuracy is our highest priority.
You've subsequently reported that these BA issues are resolved. However, I just searched your tool for the following:

4x - PHX-LHR - 2/3/13 +7 (also tried +0)

Your search (multiple times) returns: "Your search returned no results"

BA.com shows:

4x F seats available on 2/3, 4, 5, 8, 9
and
4x J seats available on 2/3, 4, 5, 8, 9
and
4x Y seats available on 2/3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9
Old Apr 18, 2012, 2:30 am
Original Poster

We're looking into it and will get back to you guys once we determine the fault. Thanks for your feedback!

Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
You've subsequently reported that these BA issues are resolved. However, I just searched your tool for the following:

BA.com shows:

and
and
Old Apr 18, 2012, 3:03 am
Original Poster

The problem has been resolved. Our apologies for any inconvenience It was due to an error on how we process dates. The changes should be propagated out to our servers within the next 10-15 mins.

Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World

BA.com shows:

and
and

Last edited by jyflyer; Apr 18, 2012 at 3:08 am
Old Apr 18, 2012, 10:25 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jyflyer
The problem has been resolved. Our apologies for any inconvenience
Thank you - your quick response and commitment to making this an accurate and reliable tool is impressive. ^
Old Apr 18, 2012, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Try as I might, I can't get it to work.

I use IE7 at work, and well, I can search but I get no results at all.

I tried from home using IE8 and the search works, but I get no results either. I checked online for dates I knew had availability to the destination.

Sounds awesome if I could only get it to work

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.