Wiki Posts
Search

Seatfinder website

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2012, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Seatfinder website

Didn't find anything using the search and was curious if anyone knows if this site is legit?

http://www.myseatfinder.com/index.php

Claims to be able to automagically find you the best seat, behind the scenes. I'm just curious if this is allowed by the airlines or if they can just change their websites and this site's scripts start failing.

Thanks.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 7:49 am

Seems legit enough to me and I don't see why it couldn't work.

The website doesn't necessarily need to be using the airline sites to do the work. It can all be done using widely available tools that travel agents or any other booking website uses to get you tickets or change seats.

They probably just use your info to grab your confirmation numbers or other info needed to change your seat. It kind of sounds like a free ExpertFlyer alert that also automatically does the change for you, instead of just alerting you to the newly available seat.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 8:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
ok, cool. thanks!
Old Mar 31, 2012, 7:57 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Please follow as the thread moves to the new Travel Tools forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.