Reload this Page >

Welcome to the Travel Tools forum: find a list of tools here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 4, 2014, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Mwenenzi
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost to update; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Note: Listing does not imply FlyerTalk or Internet Brands endorsement, not degree of accuracy, etc.
  • Airixo - tool to find low cost flights in Europe. Includes 20 carriers including Ryanair, Wizzair, and easyJet
  • aerolopa Airline seat maps
  • Airline Route Mapper - provides routes for 600 airlines (Windows based)
  • AllTheRooms - aggregates room prices from traditional booking sites and AirBnB and the like
  • Anxious flyers - free app that includes data on turbulence and weather as well as techniques for calming concerns
  • App in the Air - free and paid service to track flights as well as keep a log of past flights/maps. app only
  • AutoSlash - find the cheapest car rental
  • Award booking services - List of members who offer fee based services for finding award travel
  • AwardHacker - find the best award flights without being an expert in every airline program
  • Award Nexus – find available award space on Star, OneWorld, and SkyTeam
  • Award Wallet – keep track of all your miles and points (except AA) in one location
  • Citymaps - A travel guide that works on and off line and a social mapping community.
  • ClaimAir - free app - know air pax rights and learn flight compensation on the go
  • Cravor - restaurants that give points for dining
  • ExpertFlyer - award space, award and seat alerts, fare rules, also Help Desk
  • FlightAware - tracks flights in US and Australia
  • flightconnections.com - Provides an overview of all flights worldwide
  • Flighty - Plane tracking with alerts, FAA bulletin alerts, built in flight logger, TripIt and calendar sync
  • Flying Fish - mileage calculator tool
  • Frequent Flyer Miles Redemption Comparison - compares miles for redemption across programs
  • GateGuru - identifies airport layouts and vendors (phone ap) - LIKELY DISCONTINUED
  • Great Circle Mapper - route distances and airport info (including charts)
  • GoMiles Tracking service for miles and points
  • Hotel Room Alerts - looks for availability at sold out hotels
  • Hotel Savy - Find Your Hotel Price - searches for a specific hotels nightly rates over a range of dates
  • ITA Software - Identify the lowest fares across all airlines or specific airlines over a one month period.
  • KVS Availability Tool – Global Flight Availability, Award Availability, Fares, Timetables, Seat Maps
  • Lounge Buddy - allows you to quickly determine what lounges you can access worldwide
  • mileBlaster - track miles and points
  • MegaBus Search - easy to read calendar for lowest price
  • Milez.biz - compares points required for various awards
  • oneworld Lounge Access Wizard - See if your itinerary and elite status will qualify you for a layover in a oneworld airport lounge
  • PathhFinder - app for routing, finding your car, etc.
  • Pick2Pay - find best credit card and best shopping portal to maximize miles/points
  • Pitot-io - a mix between flightdiary, flightmemory and openflights
  • PointHub - compares cost for flights in both cash and miles
  • PriceBidCheck - fee for service allows checking PriceLine bids and properties
  • Rome2Rio - Discover how to get anywhere by plane, train, bus, ferry and automobile
  • RouteHappy - find cheapest flight with your preferred "happiness" factor
  • SeatGuru - shows seat maps for a broad range of airlines and comments on the desirability or lack thereof of individual seats
  • Seatmaps
  • seatmaestro
  • SeatExpert - shows seat maps for airlines
  • Star Alliance award finder (development) - find Star Alliance award seats
  • Superfly - compares cost for flights in both cash and miles
  • TripCase - Travel Alerts. Travel itineraries and information are constantly updated from airlines and travel agencies and email confirmations and invoice documents.
  • TripIt - organizes all your trip information into one organized document; also TripIt Pro
  • UMapped - Organizes research and recommendations for upcoming trips. Keeps travel logs with photos, videos, notes and locations.
  • UsingMiles - track your program miles
  • United Easy One Way Award Search - Simplifies and streamlines searching for United award flights via UA's website (resides in United forum)
  • United PQP/PQF + RDM Calculator - Tool for calculating Premier qualifying credits & award miles earning on non-UA (non-016) and UA specialty tickets.
  • Wandering Aramean Travel Tools - Variety of free tools for flight & hotel awards, earning/redemption rates, cash-back rebates and more.
  • Weekend Alert - weekend-based flight search. Search across upcoming weekends to find the best/cheapest time to fly.
  • Where to credit Redeemable mileage accrual for different airlines based of fare booking class,

CLOSED:
  • AwardMapper - shows hotels by major chain and points required for redemption - not maintained
  • AwardAce - Compare Award Redemptions Across Airlines In Seconds. Site dead at April 2019
  • Awardtravelr - Search for *A/ST/OW awards online for free (beta)
  • Hotel Hustle - tool that shows hotels with both rates and points
  • Hotel Rate PRO - Hotel Rate Tracking for booked and un-booked hotels. Also tracks Member-Only rates. We send you RateAlerts.
  • MileWise - compares cost for flights in both cash and miles
  • My Flights App - An app that monitors your Amadeus bookings and alerts you to changes to the reservation - for iPhone, iPad and over the Web
Print Wikipost

Welcome to the Travel Tools forum: find a list of tools here

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2022, 3:22 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Hello! Thanks for the wiki with all of the useful sites.

One thing I did not find was a site that could tell you about fares that are lower when accessed from different countries. I don't know if such a site exists. If it doesn't then maybe the more technically minded could take that as an idea for a website that they could develop. Just an idea.

I once read that flights on Jetstar (Australia's low-cost airline, owned by Qantas) were cheaper if you booked from Japan. I found that hard to believe but I tried it and it was true - I actually booked the ticket and flew on such a flight. Now every time I book a ticket I wonder if I could've gotten a better deal by pointing my VPN at a different country but of course it's hard to guess which (if any) country would give you an advantage.

Any comments or suggestions welcome.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.