Reload this Page >

flisea.com: Star Alliance award availability lookup tool

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

flisea.com: Star Alliance award availability lookup tool

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2013, 5:48 pm

I like this tool a bunch, but I too am seeing problems (i.e., no results) with a few itineraries including this straightforward "anonymous" one:

JFK-BKK
2014-03-11
All classes, 2 people
Not Direct
Exact date

I have independently confirmed availability on Aeroplan itself, ANA, and United for this flight and others (JFK-TPE on the same date, +/- a few days, etc.).
Old Oct 6, 2013, 5:54 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by st1575
I like this tool a bunch, but I too am seeing problems (i.e., no results) with a few itineraries including this straightforward "anonymous" one:

JFK-BKK
2014-03-11
All classes, 2 people
Not Direct
Exact date

I have independently confirmed availability on Aeroplan itself, ANA, and United for this flight and others (JFK-TPE on the same date, +/- a few days, etc.).
Hmm, thank you for this report. Just verified and you're absolutely right. Will look into why it's returning no results and report back.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 7:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Hmm, thank you for this report. Just verified and you're absolutely right. Will look into why it's returning no results and report back.
.... aaaaaaaaaaand it's fixed. Sorry - it was the fault of the update I rolled out earlier for being able to force airlines on LifeMiles that broke searching via other search engines. Should be OK now.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 8:25 am

.... aaaaaaaaaaand it's fixed. Sorry - it was the fault of the update I rolled out earlier for being able to force airlines on LifeMiles that broke searching via other search engines. Should be OK now.
It is indeed working on the Aeroplan option. But it's still returning errors (with ANA-related suggestions) when I choose LifeMiles as the engine using "any" or a specific airline. Did I miss that LifeMiles requires a login somewhere?

In any case, thanks again for this tool.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 8:24 pm

Programs: Aeroplan (Silver), Air Miles, IHG Rewards (Platinum)
Error

When I type "YYC" and then tab to the next field it replaces "YYC" with "YYC Calgary, Canada.
After clicking all the options, I click "find flights" but get an error message saying that "YYC Calgary, Canada" is more than the three letters allowed.
The thing is, I only ever put in the three letters; the system then identified the city, but then penalizes me for not using the three letters.
As a result, I cannot search .
Old Nov 17, 2013, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YYC009
When I type "YYC" and then tab to the next field it replaces "YYC" with "YYC Calgary, Canada.
After clicking all the options, I click "find flights" but get an error message saying that "YYC Calgary, Canada" is more than the three letters allowed.
The thing is, I only ever put in the three letters; the system then identified the city, but then penalizes me for not using the three letters.
As a result, I cannot search .
It's because I don't like Calgary!!!

j/k Are you using IE? It's kind of broken, and fails to function correctly.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 3:30 pm

Programs: Marriott LTPP
Signed up for your site today. I Can only search up to nov 13 while on Aeroplan site I see up to Nov 28. Then I can find on your site only Aeroplan but not Ana .
Old Feb 21, 2014, 5:25 pm

Love the tool... the only problem is that I put the wrong ANA password in on sign-up, and can't correct it anymore.

Any ideas?
Old May 7, 2014, 1:30 pm

Programs: IC Amb :-(, UA silver, BA Gold, SPG Plat, A-Club Plat, Marriott Plat
Lifemiles not working

Great to see another tool, had not come across it before but with others being shut down this promises to be very useful.

I cannot get ANY lifemiles searches to provide a response however. Is there a sign-up stage for lifeMiles or something I'm missing as I could not see lifemiles details in the sign-up screen?
Old May 7, 2014, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by catharsis
Great to see another tool, had not come across it before but with others being shut down this promises to be very useful.

I cannot get ANY lifemiles searches to provide a response however. Is there a sign-up stage for lifeMiles or something I'm missing as I could not see lifemiles details in the sign-up screen?
LifeMiles is a bit broken at the moment. I have to get around to fixing it
Old May 7, 2014, 1:34 pm

Programs: IC Amb :-(, UA silver, BA Gold, SPG Plat, A-Club Plat, Marriott Plat
No worries - thanks for the prompt response!
Old May 7, 2014, 2:22 pm

Programs: Pascal and Python, no C++
If you can fix Lifemiles, that would be great!
Old May 19, 2014, 9:43 am

The site has been down for at least two days, and not just for me according to http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/
Old Jun 1, 2014, 9:47 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Originally Posted by LearningToFly
The site has been down for at least two days, and not just for me according to http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/
I only learned about this search engine today.
http://flisea.com is indeed up & running.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jerry305
I only learned about this search engine today.
http://flisea.com is indeed up & running.
Same here. Not perfect, but everything helps! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.